The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Favorite Arc of the manga?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Favorite Arc?
Dark Kingdom
Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_lcap13%Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 18 ]
Black Moon
Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_lcap15%Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 20 ]
Infinity
Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_lcap20%Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 27 ]
Dream
Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_lcap25%Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 34 ]
Stars
Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_lcap27%Favorite Arc of the manga? I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 137

AuthorMessage
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Favorite Arc of the manga? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 12:06 pm

What's your favorite arc and why?

Mine is Stars. I just LOVE it! It has a sense of finality to it, and the ending is gorgeous beyond words. The Eternal Senshi, Chibi Chibi, Cosmos, Kakyuu and the Starlights, Galaxia and Shadow Galactica.... all of the new characters are wonderful!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 12:24 pm

This is a tough choice for me, but I am going to have to go with the Infinity Arc because that is when Haruka and Michiru arrive. I of course first ponder which arc had the most romance between Usagi and Mamoru (hee) but in the manga, it is pretty even. It's funny because in the manga, I really do not have a favorite arc -- I love them all equally. But I am going to pick the Infinity arc.

Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Niveouslily
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : All the wrong shades, on the right page

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime16th July 2011, 10:57 pm

I love the Dream arc, it`s so flashy and colorful and I love the super forms and the romance and how Mamoru, Usagi and Chibiusa had so much development.
I love avary part of the manga but the theme and feel of dream is my favorite Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pinksugarheart.tumblr.com
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 5:20 pm

I liked the Black Moon and Stars arcs. In the beginning you've no idea what will happen to Usagi, and while that's good and all, I liked it when they had to go into the future. I really loved learning about crystal tokyo and everyone else; that they had a happy ending.

I liked the stars because at that point you know everyone, and that's when you see just how close everyone is with each other. It's not just Usagi anymore, but all of the senshi really have strong bonds with one another. I also liked how new types of senshi appeared, how senshi are born, how the senshi role works, who becomes a senshi, and the back story of Phobos, Deimos, Luna, Artemis, and Diana. ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime17th July 2011, 6:27 pm

Tied between Black Moon and Infinity. The Black Moon arc has *amazing* artwork, but the Infinity Arc has, IMO, the best story. Both arcs also have the most interesting villains so I love it ~!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 1:19 am

I have to say Dark Kingdom, Infinity, and Dream arc are probably my favs. But I really do love all the manga. For me, i think its more like there are bits and pieces of each arc that I love.

I love the Dark Kingdom arc because I love early Usagi/Mamoru interaction, watching them fall for each other. Infinity arc was cool because I really love how they introduced Sailor Uranus and Neptune. Seeing Uranus/Haruka bend the gender roles, the way Naoko did it, it was like "wait is it really a guy?" and then when Haruka says "Why does it matter?" Oooh that was just awesome.

Dream arc is awesome because I love the Super power ups and I love how you see the bond between Venus and Artemis grow. When they power each other up, it was just such a great thing to see.

I have scenes that I love from the Black Moon arc, specifically when Sailor Moon is a BAMFy BAMFer after Diamond tries to take advantage of her, and she's like "F this, i'm getting me AND my friends out of here". Purely awesome. Also Pluto. Pluto is just awesome in that arc.

Stars is the arc I've read the least, so its hard for me to pick out some of my favorite moments. I do love the ending though, and the eternal forms in the manga are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 12:00 am

I like Stars the best, too. I can appreciate how it must have been for the first readers. And for the sailor soldiers, too! Suddenly, you realize that it's not just Earth and the rest of this solar system that has sailor soldiers. You realize that other planets in other solar systems and other galaxies have populations and their own guardian soldiers. You realize that Earth is not alone, and that human Earthlings are not alone.

And yet, the arc is really about Usagi when she is alone. Her closest friends, her daughter, and the love of her life are all gone, and as the story advances, even the new friends she's made and the enemies she's faced die off one after another. She tries to save Galaxia, who ends up dying, too.

Imagine how she must have felt at that moment.

In the end, all she has left is Chibi Chibi, and when we find that Sailor Cosmos is from the distant future, we realize that, in her history, she truly was all alone when she made her choice.

The ending also comforts me, because I know that even if evil is never truly conquered, good will never be, either. And of course, Usagi and Mamoru's wedding is a delight to behold.

I've read Stars over and over and over and I still never get sick of it. Every time, I seem to discover something new.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime22nd July 2011, 12:47 pm

I love the Black Moon and Stars, Black Moon being my ultimate favorite. I just loved the villains best, and you never really knew what was going to happen to any of the characters. I loved watching them power up. I liked Stars because it was a lot more mature and I liked how they wanted the characters and viewers to grow up together, if that makes sense. I have a love/hate thing with Stars, it left so many questions unanswered and had me begging for a Sailor Cosmos arc.
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

Title : Advisor to the Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 8:38 am

As far as character interaction, I love the Dark Kingdom and Stars arcs...you see a lot more "slice of life" almost, which is nice. It allowed for further character development, I feel.

Overall, the Stars arc probably impressed me most. It really opened up the universe, quite literally, to the reader and tied in a lot of the past to the present and future. Also, as much as I feel MamoruxUsagi >SeiyaxUsagi, I love that another potential interest was introduced in the Stars arc.

Kind of gave the manga a more "grown up" and/or "realistic" feel, that Usagi may find companionship when Mamoru is not present.
Back to top Go down
http://bunnyblushies.tumblr.com
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 3:03 pm

Sailor Moon R all the way. Before the main cast had SOOOO many characters, and the storylines got a bit darker. :S Maybe I'm in part just stuck in R because I was stuck midway in the plot there for years after the anime quit for a while (and we had no internet in those days) but R will always be my fave. Also, I like the bad guys in it- they're likeable and relateable, despite their badness. I can sympathize with tragic, unrequited love and wondering if immortality would be a good idea (I've about decided that humans don't need it- we suck too badly as a species!) but I can't really sympathize with wanting to conquer the earth or have lots of power- the other seasons' bad guys aren't really relateable. Beryl has the whole "hopeless love" thing going on, but she ends up killing him in his past life- and ALMOST in this one- so that ends her sympathy from me. Diamond, who (in the anime, at least) dies for his beloved enemy, seems much more likeable. And I love the whole Crystal Tokyo / time travel concept, and the slow build-up of suspicion of who Chibi Usa (always Rini, to me!) is... And the appearance of Pluto, before she became suddenly cold-hearted in S (bad influences from HaruMichi?)... I halfway wish that the series had ended with R- the other series are too complex, too depressing, and Pluto does this awful personality shift when she settles into being the HaruMichi coworker, instead of Time Guardian/Rini-friend. :S R!Pluto, I can't picture being okay with killing Hotaru... She got weird after being reborn...
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 9:44 pm

You are talking about the anime...not the manga. The thread's about the manga...
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 10:15 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
You are talking about the anime...not the manga. The thread's about the manga...

Ah, sorry. @_@ Thought it was about both.

In the manga, I like R and the original series the best, for basically the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 11:03 pm

Hehe. It's ok. I was like "wait a minute none of that happened in the manga". The Black Moon arc has some great moments in them. Makoto/Asanuma, Mamoru keeping Usagi strong, Usagi being a BAMF getting everyone out of Diamond's castle whatever thingy.
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 11:23 pm

I love Asanuma. I wish he'd been in the anime, and shown up again later in the manga. ^^; (Although I think that the dude in the episode with the song "Rainy Day Man" may have been based on him...)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime28th July 2011, 11:36 pm

Off topic a little, but Asanuma had one small appearance in the anime. It was in Stars in the Nehelenia arc. He was this guy knocking on Mamoru's door while he was being possessed and staring at mirrors. Yeah, that was anime Asanuma. Smile
Back to top Go down
sailorvixen
Pyramidal Crystal

sailorvixen

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime17th August 2011, 12:32 pm

I love the Black Moon arc. I LOVE Black Lady, she's my favourite villian and one of my favourite characters, but at the end when Pluto stops time and sacrifices herself.... It's just the most beautiful thing I've ever read. She only wanted to fight with the senshi, she got her wish in death. She saved everyone. I was bawling my eyes out at this part. I was so happy to see this in the manga when I read it, I really wish they included it in the anime, they kind of skipped out on Pluto's character if you know what I mean. She's amazing.

Dream and Stars are tied for second. I love Infinity aswell, though I wasn't as much of a fan of Dark Kindom, it wasn't bad I just didn't find myself as invested in it as the other arcs.
Back to top Go down
http://sailorvixen.tumblr.com
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 4:37 am

Honestly, I can't pick one... All I know is I like the Dark Kingdom arc better in the anime. Maybe a tie between Black Moon and Dream, but I really like the other three. I don't know, the manga is so consistent with its quality, unlike the anime.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 10:53 am

Of the manga I've gotten to and read, I'd have to say I'm tied between Dark Kingdom and Black Moon. I've read the Infinity arc, and part of the Dream (but I haven't finished it yet, so I can't judge the entire arc).

Although I wish Naru and Nephrite had met in the Dark Kingdom arc of the manga, I loved watching a somewhat more realistic portrayal of Usagi and Mamoru growing together. It was very sweet, and the way manga!Mamoru acted was so much more convincing for that pairing.

The Black Moon arc was all-around amazing as well, although I do like that the anime makes the Quirky Miniboss Squad a bit more human. When it comes to the central antagonists of the arc, though, the manga still does a good job. (Anime!Diamond was a little more sympathetic, though.)
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 12:52 pm

From my fav to least fav, since I like all of the manga and don't have a part I really dislike. Its hard... haha, they all fall really close into line.

Stars, Infinity, then Dream, Black Moon, and then Dark. I like how much you can see how everyone grew within Stars, it just put everything at peace but egged you on to want so much more. I really wish there was a spin off of Crystal Tokyo that Naoko would do but that is a long question asked by Many.

Though I am partial to Parallel also.
Back to top Go down
Mippa
Star Seed

Mippa

Star Seed

Title : A smart girl who needs to relax.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime15th September 2011, 1:21 pm

I've always preferred the Dark Kingdom arc, simply because it held the most tragedy and epic sense of scale to me. I really wish there was more to the Silver Millenium brought to light.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 2:34 pm

Even though I thought the Dark Kingdom arc went to fast it's my favorite!! I love all the Usagi and Mamoru scenes. My second favorite is the Infinity because I love the relationship between Usgai and Haruka and the Outers rock!!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Almonds-s2
Pyramidal Crystal

Almonds-s2

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly LunarPorcelainDoll

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime7th December 2011, 9:57 pm

I love the Black Moon Arc. I enjoy the villains quite a bit. The Dark Kingdom would come in second place. I haven't really read much of the Inifinity Arc. The Dream, and Star Arc I enjoy the villains as well, and the concept. I especially like Pegasus in the Dream Arc.
Back to top Go down
http://tasteofalmonds.wordpress.com/ http://serene-transcendence.tumblr.com/ http://almondsdesigns.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/almondss2
Crystal
Pyramidal Crystal

Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime10th July 2012, 7:01 pm

the last time i read my evil scans are too long ago, so i can't really remember dream & stars but i think i liked stars the most..

the the moment i re-read it, finished vol. 9 of the official german manga now so i'm at the beginning of "dream" ... maybe my answer will change when i finish it again ...
Back to top Go down
http://goldenwitchmami.tumblr.com/
MandarinCupcake
Star Seed

MandarinCupcake

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime19th July 2012, 3:43 pm

My favourite arc is Stars. Naoko conveyed the sense of desperation and heartache so well. When ever I see the panel of Sailor Moon with her back to us, and on her knees as she talks about how she has nothing left to fight for, my heart sinks. Galaxia's design is wonderful and imaginative. The armour fuku. She was a warrior. The end chapter felt final, and whenever I read it, I feel content.
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/mandrixa/ http://gothberrycuppycakes.tumblr.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime19th July 2012, 3:47 pm

I enjoy the infinity arc the most because we get to meet all the beautiful cool outer senshi and my second would be stars because it kept me on edge and is just so deep and heart wrenching.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Luna Nova
Lotus Crystal

Luna Nova

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dubbed the Official Second Usagi/Bunny ^^and Official Anzamoon

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime20th July 2012, 11:15 am

I don't know if I could pick a favorite! I love them all for different reasons.

The Dark Kingdom arc started the whole thing and when I read it for the first time I couldn't put it down. I just love the story.

The Black Moon arc is awesome too. I mean, time travel, Chibiusa and Luna P, and Pluto, how cool is that! I was so sad when Pluto died in the manga.

The Infinity arc introduced the outer senshi and revived Pluto, and gave us the beautiful Super Sailor Moon, however I think this is my least favorite to read, I don't really know why.

I loved the story and characters of the Dream arc and who doesn't love Eternal Sailor Moon? I loved how this arc explored the dreams of all of the senshi!

Stars. Stars was hard for me to follow the first time I read it but I just love the ending! The final two acts are just incredible! The art is also gorgeous. When I finish the last page I want to cry for a moment because it is over but I also want to pick up the very first volume again and start all over again!
I love how this series does that to me, the mark of a true classic.
Back to top Go down
http://littlelunanova.tumblr.com/ http://lunanova17.deviantart.com/
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime20th July 2012, 12:37 pm

I've never read the manga so the readings are all new to me. I am two volumes behind but so far I am really liking what I am reading.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime24th July 2012, 4:00 pm

After reading the first five mangas I think I like the "R" Arc. I just the love the idea of space travel, meeting Sailor Pluto and Diana. I just love the writing of it. Naoko truly outdid herself in my opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime20th August 2012, 5:36 am

I'd go for the First and Infinity arc. It was a thought choice. I didn't really like the Future Arc mostly because it is where all the "Inners are just panel-filler" started. (As "a Second chance for the SM manga" stated). They did have a character development in their respective chapter, but after that, they were USE-LESS. I'm not even sure if Rei used Burning Mandala more than once, when she destroyed the droids-sisters.

The First arc, well, I can't tell why, but I love it. And let's face it, Serenity commiting suicide is way better than her being simply killed by Metalia.

As for the infinity arc, it's a great arc because of many points:
Introduction of new characters. (Haruka and Michiru, Hotaru, even the Witches 5 who were merely monsters-of-the-day.) Screentime of already existing characters. (Setsuna coming back, Mako and Rei in the mountain resort, Minako at the concert, Ami HOLLY COWS SHE JUMPED FROM THE 13TH FL... Oh yeah, she just had most epic henshin of the manga) Random psychological plot. (Usagi being all like "omg I doubt of my sexuallity now, Hotaru and Chibiusa being friend, etc.)

I liked the Stars arc as well, but... well, once again, the Inners are panel fillers.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime27th September 2012, 1:27 pm

This was hard to pick because the manga is pretty epic all by itself, but I wanted to choose only one arc, and I came to a pretty quick conclusion that Black Moon is my absolute favorite.

I can sum up all of my feelings and emotions and thoughts as to why this is the best into one word:

PLUTO!!

Favorite Arc of the manga? 1637911638 Favorite Arc of the manga? 1434556979 Favorite Arc of the manga? 1637911638 Favorite Arc of the manga? 1434556979

But really, I love the whole arc and all of the emotions throughout it (so awesome), but my favorite favorite parts were seeing Pluto and Small Lady interact and we find out how much they really love eachother, and how important their friendship is to these poor girls who have never really had a friend of their own before.

And we see how this poor misled little girl becomes a twisted and crazed version of the very thing she always wanted to be. And we watch how torn up Pluto is at the end of the arc, and how badly she wants to join in on the fight and to help everyone, to help the princess she idolizes and the small lady she loves.

And then she goes! Even knowing that it's forbidden to leave her post, even if she has a sweet little kitten watching in her place. She doesn't even have much of a chance to help the other senshi before she realizes what has to be done.

And then the sacrifice happens... ;-; Oh I tear up every time I read it. It's so beautiful and tragic, and Pluto KNOWS she will die if she does it, but she wants to help so badly and it's the only way she can see that will stop Dimande.

I also love how Pluto brings Diana out of the Time Gate (while dying!) just to make sure that Diana doesn't get stuck in there for all eternity.

But it's really when Black Lady becomes Chibiusa once more that really gets to me, because she feels a real emotion and transforms into Chibimoon for the first time, but it is undermined by the fact that her best friend didn't see because her bestest friend is no longer moving and she won't open her eyes.

And yesh. I love this arc. So much. I'm sorry for rambling (although kinda not xD)

Favorite Arc of the manga? 2632955583
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Arc of the manga?   Favorite Arc of the manga? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Arc of the manga?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top