The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Opaque OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

Opaque OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2012, 11:29 am

[quote="Sailor Pluto"]Hehe, thanks, Poet! How is vacation?[/quote
It has been fun. I even got to raise the sails on an old ship!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2012, 7:04 pm

That's nice. Did you get any pictures? ^^

*Really should track down the inspiration I had in the middle of the night for that post.* XD
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th August 2012, 12:07 pm

Oh I have tons of pictures. ^^ I’m going to be posting some at some point this week. I still have plenty of unpacking and catching up to do. Very Happy I will say that it felt so nice to sleep in a real bed last night though. Sleeping on rocky ground in a tent is fun for a change of pace…but it gets old after a while. Razz So I’m glad to be hone.

Should I change my last post to maybe give you something to go on? ^-^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st August 2012, 8:35 am

Well, it's certainly not my best post in history, XD, but I ended up using Diamond completely for that one. *Huggles.*

Hehe, I am glad that you had a good time, though. Should be cool to see your pictures, too!
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 1:16 pm

I like your posts. They’re very well written. Very Happy

I posted for now. Had to sneak in quick from work on my break but at least it’s something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2012, 7:54 pm

XD, thank you very much, Poet. Opaque OOC - Page 2 2160836418

I'll try to get you a postie as of tomorrow, and I hope that you've had a good day. ^^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th August 2012, 1:46 pm

XD, okay, hopefully you'll like my post, but here you are, Poet. *huggles* Sorry about the delay.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th August 2012, 6:27 pm

Oh no worries. ^^ I'll try to post back to you tonight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 5:52 pm

Well now it's my turn to apologize for the delay. ^^ Hope you like my post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th August 2012, 8:47 pm

Woohoo! Sorry I've hardly been here this week, XD. College and work have left me with little time, XD.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2012, 1:38 pm

I know the feeling. That will be me next week....except minus the college. ^-^

Plus we finally signed the contract with our publisher and need to work hard to get our book written by the end of January. O-o It’s exciting…but scary at the same time. Very Happy So I’ll be losing much of my weekend to writing soon but I still have lunch breaks, and Thursday and Friday nights to catch up on RP type things. ^^

What are you majoring in if you don’t mind my asking?
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2012, 7:41 pm

Hehe. *huggle.*

Oh, wow! What are you writing? What's it about?

And right now, the closest that this college offers to Creative Arts (written), is an English Major, basically a teaching degree.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2012, 10:51 pm

Same here, that's what I majored i as well, though it was English with a minor in teaching. ^^

OK, well me and my husband run a few websites on the side and one of them is all about weird places, haunted places, and unusual legends in our local area. It's called Long Island Oddities. We've made four short documntaries, had a quarterly magazine, and self published one book before this. Oh, we also had a public access TV show, though it was kinda amateurish as we didn't have much of a budget. LOL Razz

So recently we were contacted by a publishing company and we've been in talks about a Long Island Oddities book covering all the urban legends and paranormal hotspots and all....and we just finalized the contract today. O-o It's the first time working with a reputable publisher and not doing things ourselves and we have no attorney so it's a bit scary but exciting. I'm the family skeptic, worrier, and nitpicker though, so I'll be going over that contract with fine tooth and comb before sending it in. ^-^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2012, 7:05 pm

Hehe, that does sound interesting! Would you say that the offered contract is a good one? If I can ask, what would you say makes it good for you? Sorry that I'm bugging you about it, XD, I'm just curious what the publishing houses are up to since I also want to be published at some point.

And - knock on wood - maybe I can get a post in soon.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th September 2012, 8:12 pm

Hiya! Very Happy You're not bugging me about anything. If I know I'd be glad to help, though I'm still sort of new to it too. ^-^

We would get 7% of the cost of each book up to 1,000 copies. Over 1,000 copies sold and it goes to 10%. It's about par for a first time published work. If we do another book in the future I can probably get a slightly higher rate, but for new authors it's decent.

We were looking into a ntoher company about a year ago to take our wuarterly zines and compile them into a larger annual magazine / book sort of thing. It would be almost book size, but sold in magazine racks because that's all they have agreements for with bookstores. However they only wanted to pay 2% and if they sell the zine at $7 each it's not worth it.

We have to do some of the promotional work ourselves like book signings and stuff but I think that's going to be fun, and we have their marketing department at our disposal for advice, graphic design on ads etc... (Eep! So scary to think of myself autographing books! O-O Can I hide in the bookkshelves? LOL)

I'm rather impressed so far. They seem really on the ball and fair.

No worries! Whenever you get a chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th September 2012, 7:17 pm

I finally posted~. (If you'd like to clarify anything, or have any questions on the Opaque-enhancements of Rubeus, feel free to ask. ^^)
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 6:57 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 7:09 pm

I posted last week I think. Tag you're it! Very Happy *hugs* ^-^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 9:14 pm

XD, I never saw it! I'm sorry! Give me a day or two, since my essay is eating my time, and I'll get back to you on this. <3
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th October 2012, 10:27 pm

It's OK, no worries. ^-^ Have fun. Very Happy I'm writing like a maniac myself these days. Have to hit 2,000 words a week minimum for the book. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 8:01 am

*huggles* 2k a week is certainly good progress.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th October 2012, 8:23 pm

Sorry for the double post, I'm just letting you know that this essay has become a menace in finishing it. I hope to have the final draft complete tomorrow night, since it's due the day after, but we'll have to see. Post will still be coming. <3
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th October 2012, 7:19 pm

... I feel insanely guilty that this is so late. *Hides under a rock.*
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th October 2012, 9:27 pm

Don't worry about it! *hugs* I'm in no rush. ^^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st October 2012, 7:57 am

XD, but it's been almost a month. I definitely want to continue, I just hadn't expected the last two essays to be such timesinks. *huggles*
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st October 2012, 9:07 am

No worries. ^^

We just got through Hurricane Sandy = not fun. Razz Two broken windows but we still have electricity and everything & everyone else is OK! That was totally scary. LOL

We're one of the lucky blocks that still has lights. There are power lines on the ground all over. Most of the town is dark but crews are working on it. ^-^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st October 2012, 8:49 pm

*huggles* Oh, wow! I had forgotten you were on the East Coast. How is everything else? Is it still sturdy? (No outside pets, I hope!)

[And as a side note, do you want to put this RP on a tentative hold until December? If my NaNo crunch doesn't turn out to be as time consuming as it was last year, I'll definitely get a post up, but 1000+ words a day is a lot for how slowly I write, XD.

I'd be happy to brainstorm with you about further plot points with this in the OOC, though, unless you want to pants the RP. *smiles and huggle again*]
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st November 2012, 5:08 pm

Aww thanks. Very Happy A lot of the town is still dark and my 15 year old hasn't had school all week. Today was the first day I could get back to my office and it sure was weird trying to get home in complete darkness without even streetlights, and trees and downed power lines all over the ground. O-o Even the shopping mall is pitch dark. But slowly but surely things are getting fixed so it'll probably be good as new next week. My parents just got their lights back on a few hours ago.

Sure I'm OK with postponing the RP. You're doing Nano? That's awesome! Maybe next year I'll join you. Very Happy I wrote 2200 words this week so far and we're 20% done with the writing for the book! Very Happy

Whatcha writing about? ^^

If you want to toss around some plot ideas I'm game but no rush if you get busy. I'd love to know more of your thoughts on Sapphire's relation to Wiseman as I think you hinted at before.

I've also been thinking about what Obsidian will do when Sapphire goes down to Earth and if he will end up staying at Mamoru's apartment instead of the way it goes in the anime.

Well hope to talk to you soon and enjoy NanoWrimo! ^-^
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th November 2012, 6:51 am

Gah, sorry about such a long delay in response. NaNo + College = Time effectively nommed.

Sounds like things were quite eventful for you, though. Were you close to the storm when it hit, or were you backed off a bit and ended up catching the backdraft of it?

XD, I'm attempting. Key word there. My goal was 30k, and I'm not near as far along as I'd have liked. I may have to cut my daily wordcount down even more, or switch my NaNo project to what my muse has glomped (a new version of one of my fantasy novels, or a fandom project - both it seems to like right now).

My current attempt, though, is also the first time dipping my feet into the Survival Horror genre. Zombies, mutations, all that fun stuff. Pandora is interesting, in that it also deals with the deconstruction of society. And the utter chaos of not only the beginning of the apocalypse, but also "World War III", so to speak. But there is no negotiating with the Infected.

Regarding Sapphire and Wiseman, we are referring to Sapphire's reaction to possibly being Wiseman's protege?

Oh, what did you have in mind regarding Usagi's timeline? Being this is AU, it could very well draw from both the canon present and future when it's altered.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2012, 6:33 pm

Not sure if you're still interested, but hopefully ...

I'll be, more than likely, responding to this on the 10th when my finals end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opaque OOC   Opaque OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opaque OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top