The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

MapleStory anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

MapleStory anyone? Empty
PostSubject: MapleStory anyone?   MapleStory anyone? I_icon_minitime5th July 2012, 12:25 am

This may or may not be a stretch, but does anyone play Nexon's 2D MMORPG MapleStory?

Just curious is all. I've been playing since I was 13, when the game more or less came out in the global/English version. I took breaks here and there (currently still on one, though that game is addicting/soul sucking like you can't escape once you get into it XD) but was curious to see if anyone here had ever heard of it and possibly played Smile

If not...well then this is a lost cause thread XD
Back to top Go down
Royale
Star Seed

Royale

Star Seed

Title : doki doki

MapleStory anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MapleStory anyone?   MapleStory anyone? I_icon_minitime7th October 2012, 11:56 am

I have played since the Beta, took many breaks on and off like you did. Right now I'm on a break but I'll probably start up again at some point. xD It /is/ impossible to stay away forever.
Back to top Go down
Meyneth
Lotus Crystal

Meyneth

Lotus Crystal

MapleStory anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MapleStory anyone?   MapleStory anyone? I_icon_minitime9th October 2012, 4:08 am

I've always been a little tempted bc its action based, but got the impression i was a bit to old OTL i have also read a lot of the items are pay only and thats ehhh..
Back to top Go down
http://juliannacodes.tumblr.com http://spectrenegade.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

MapleStory anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MapleStory anyone?   MapleStory anyone? I_icon_minitime9th October 2012, 8:11 am

XD yeah there are quite a few young teens on there (like 14-15). There's adults though, too. I dunno, there's just something about it, regardless. My friends and I swear it's soul sucking because even though we take prolonged breaks, we end up going back for *something*. I mean it's fun for awhile lol but you do need breaks.

Like for me, I'm waiting mostly for the Luminous role to come out. Basically, it's a light/dark using magician.

Also, the pay only items are cash shop items. They're not necessary for play; it's mainly to make you look glamourous. It's like 98% to look good and then there's like a couple items in there that enhances your game play, like your weapons or resets your stats. But it's totally not necessary.

However, I do know that it is difficult to get a handle on the game by yourself in terms of the in game currency. You need a friend to give you a little bit of funding because people are annoying and greedy (and you need money as you get stronger for equips). People can be obnoxious about selling too. There's all these terms to know (like lines, clean, other terms I don't even know). So, it can get pretty like complicated and ridiculous and I feel like that repels people.

This may sound stereotype-y, but I feel like unless you played from when the game launched the "global version", it only draws in like obnoxious young teens that are poser-y, stupid, and and obsessive over like anime (like FMA), Korean stuff, etc., and, well, tons and tons of Asians. I can't tell you how many "Azn"s I've seen or people "flaunting" that they're Asian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MapleStory anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: MapleStory anyone?   MapleStory anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MapleStory anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Star Garden :: Gamers Lounge-