The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

(Inactive) Paradoxical

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

(Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2012, 12:26 pm

OOC:

She nodded. "I'll see you tonight, then," Madoka returned simply, watching him leave. Being unfamiliar with this era, the day would be best spent correcting that. When she saw him again, she would also correct his apparent assumption about her. Maybe by that evening he wouldn't be so frustrating in his attempts to slip away.

It had turned into a bit of a 'day out on the town', so to speak. By the time she got "home", though, it seemed she had missed her mother again. A note was tacked over the place of the old one, the floral designed paper reminiscent of her mother's fascination for designing things.

Madoka proceeded to glance over it, before shrugging and taking the backpack full of basics to the guest room and leaving it on her bed. She could wash laundry later, now that she had the necessities. Deciding to browse the house until her half-brother returned, it turned out that occupying herself wasn't that difficult.

After familiarizing herself with the layout, though, she happened across an ornate, leather-bound book. Upon flicking it open, curious, she was greeted with several pictures of a younger looking Tantalos - some quiet and pensive, others having small smiles. He rarely appeared to be an enthusiastically joyful child, if she were to judge from the photos.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2012, 3:41 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2012, 4:01 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st July 2012, 4:24 pm

Walking up to the house, he wondered for the millionth time today if there were anywhere else he could stay until Modoka left. Haruka and Michiru’s? It was loud and noisy at times, especially with Marika and Haruka’s near-constant arguments, but surely that would be better than living with… his thought stopped mid-sentence as the picture of his half-sister reappeared in his mind, her odangos brightening from silver to gold and lengthening while the portion left out of the hairdo disappeared, her eyes lightening to that blue of the deep sky of spring... He shook the image away as quickly as he could, focusing again on his train of thought. He could live there, but their house was crowded and occasionally anxious, and he would rather not trouble them with yet another person. He could stay with Hotaru and her quiet girls, but Chibi-Usa popped by there too often for his comfort. The pink-haired lady seemed to like him (probably because he was made of two of her favorite people), but he was never truly comfortable around her, afraid to make a mistake and fall out of whatever favor he held in her eyes.

And he could never leave his mother. … even if she hadn’t thought to tell him he had a sister.

So there he was, in front of his house, glancing at the lamplight shining through the curtained windows; halfway wondering what the two women inside were talking about, halfway wondering if there were any other reason at all that he might stay out later, all the while planning the quickest, quietest possible way to his bedroom. He could slip through the windows… but no, that would be ridiculous. This was his home, too. With a deep, quiet breath, Tantalos reached for the door and it opened quietly under his touch. He stepped in, careful not to let his shirt catch on the door, and closed the barrier just as quietly as he had opened it. No commotion. No noise. He counted himself lucky. But as he turned to quietly stalk to his bedroom, his eyes caught on a solitary figure in the formal dining room. Modoka. She hadn’t appeared to have heard him, seemingly absorbed in…

The family photo book. Filled with pictures of him.

He let out his breath with a bit of a sigh, “What are you doing?” he asked.

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 4th July 2012, 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 5:02 pm

OOC:

Although she hadn't heard him enter, she didn't immediately look up when he spoke to her. The young woman's washed out hair was still down, though, lacking the onadagos he apparently despised or 'stuttered' about. If they weren't there to visually distract him, then he had no reason to avoid the subject.

She flipped the page after a moment, before turning to face him. "Trying to find out about the family I apparently missed out on, since you aren't too keen on sticking around. Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 5:19 pm

ooc:
“I...” he started answering instinctively, her voice so like his mother’s that responding was ingrained in him, but he didn’t know how to reply. His sentence faded before it had even formed, leaving one syllable left hanging on the air. He closed his mouth, blue eyes still staring at her through the doorway, and considered. Her directness prompted him to answer. “It’s just strange,” he opted, looking around. “Having an older sister without knowing anything about it. Or her, for that matter.” It sounded reasonable enough. “And, unlike you,” he added, “I haven’t a convenient photo album to look through. Combine that with not knowing when you plan on leaving or why you’re here, and I would rather keep my distance and let you settle things with my – our mother.”

It sounded convincing; in fact, he realized, part of it was true. Even if she weren’t the daughter of Serenity, he would have some reservations about not knowing anything about her.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 5:31 pm

OOC:

She nodded once - that was likely. Madoka closed the photo album after a moment, pushing it to the center of the table as she pushed back another chair with her foot. A wordless invitation to sit. But judging from her posture, it was more of a demand than an invitation.

"Okay. I'll grant you that," Madoka allowed, apparently referencing the album with the slight incline of her head. But while it looked like she was about to let him off the proverbial hook, she quickly proved that idea wrong. "But why did you suddenly withdraw last night? I have an inkling of an idea, but if that's what it is, you're in for a rude awakening," the olive skinned senshi continued, but before he could interrupt and ask what she was even talking about, she clarified. "I've never even laid eyes on Serenity, much less met her."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 6:53 pm

When she kicked the chair out for him, he had the overwhelming feeling that he was in trouble. It was as though his mother was sitting at the table, except this girl seemed even more threatening and, if possible, had an even bigger sense of no-nonsense about her. He felt himself moving without actually thinking to move; suddenly he was sitting across from her, looking back at her suddenly and, comfortingly, saw nothing of his sister’s father about her.

She slid the book to the center of the table – thankfully; he felt strangely nervous enough already, it would just make things that much more awkward if she turned the page to find a baby picture of himself running around half naked (or worse, if Setsuna still kept that bath time picture in the album and she came across that).But what he asked was almost worse than the naked performance in the tub.

But why did you suddenly withdraw last night? I have an inkling of an idea, but if that's what it is, you're in for a rude awakening. I've never even laid eyes on Serenity, much less met her.”

He stared at her for a few, silent moments, staring into her eyes as though they were having a contest. She had caught on, but she wasn’t going to leave him alone about it. He smirked suddenly, “As if meeting her and knowing her had anything to do with it,” he replied softly.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 7:05 pm

His response was almost automotive, like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. If she was emulating her mother's style in this dimension, that fact went right over her head. It was hard to avoid it when one didn't know the timeline.

However, Madoka proceeded to arch a brow at his smirk. He hadn't displayed the slightest hint of confidence. But it proved to be rueful, not assured. She inclined her head towards him after a moment. "Then do tell."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2012, 8:25 pm

He shook his head slowly, crossing his arms in front of him as he leaned back in his chair sullenly. He glared at the cabinet of knick-knacks from various ages, from bells and china of the 18th century to gongs and vases from ages long, long past from continents far away. He glared, wondering just what kind of time period this ‘sister’ of his came from, where apparently people were expected to speak at lengths about things that trouble or depress them with people they met just the night before as said person broke into their house. “Why should I?” he muttered.

But as soon as he words left his mouth, he regretted them. This was a daughter of Serenity, no matter how uncouth she seemed. “I apologize,” he corrected, trying to take some of the disgruntlement out of his tone, but still just as unwilling to discuss such private matters with someone he just met and slightly offended to have been asked to do so.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th July 2012, 4:28 pm

She seemed to follow his gaze to some degree, going over each of the crockery and individual but priceless pieces. It was obvious he was mulling over something he was also avoiding, but doing it if only to avoid her gaze. His begrudging mutter was immediately followed by a stiff apology, however.

Madoka quirked a brow at him. Leaning back in her own chair, she fixed him with a level stare. "I just want to know what your problem is with me. While it is weird that we haven't heard of each other, at all, you didn't clam up until I mentioned my impossible parentage."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th July 2012, 5:33 pm

ooc:
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th July 2012, 5:35 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th July 2012, 12:51 pm

He supposed it must have been strange; if their positions had been reversed, he would find her apparent dislike of a subject odd, as well. However, his pursuit of the matter was doubtful – he would have let her be – but he knew others who would have persisted as she did: stubborn people, interested people, and… curious people. His mother had always remarked upon Serenity’s curiosity as a child, and its persistence even to this day; he supposed he couldn’t fault her… he glanced up at his sister, Serenity’s daughter. No, he couldn’t fault her for it.

And she had mentioned she hadn’t even met Serenity, and came from a different timeline altogether. He could only imagine what kind of stress she was under for using the Gate and coming out where she wasn’t supposed to be; maybe his issues would serve as a welcome distraction for her. Something for her to be curious about until she and their mother figured out what was going on and reversed it to send her home. He sighed; he certainly couldn’t help her get back home, but he supposed he could entertain her with his issues as they waited for Setsuna to return.

“I don’t have a problem with you,” he admitted, “or with your “impossible heritage,” either. It’s just…” he looked at her, meeting her eyes for just a moment, until her features transformed delicately from Modoka to Serenity. If only she would look at him with such interest… he snapped his eyes away to look at the table between them, feeling both guilty for the wish and disgusted at the neediness his thoughts had taken on. “You look like her.”
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th July 2012, 2:57 pm

One could practically see the gears turning in Tantalos's mind. When he finally spoke, it was with the flavor of one chewing bland meat. The young woman leaned back in her chair as she observed him, idly drumming her fingertips against her thigh. That motion proceeded to pause when he finally spit it out, before a small smile quirked her lips.

"Well ... I can't really help that," Madoka pointed out, noticing him seem to glaze over briefly. She straightened in her chair after a moment, idly twisting the key on her necklace. "I do have another question, though. This one may or may not be easier to answer," the warrior added dubiously, continuing to toy with her henshin item.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 6:36 pm

The corner of his mouth twitched appreciatively at her remark - no, she couldn't help that at all, just as he couldn't help who his father was. But her brief pause, and the question that followed, intrigued him. His blue eyes met hers for a moment, noticing her fidgeting with an object on a chain about her neck, and invited the inquiry. "Go on."
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 6:44 pm

She inclined her head when he offered the invitation, somewhat appreciative. "Seeing as you are also Setsuna's protege, I assume - knowing what the word implies, yes - that you also have some shape or form of experience with Time-related ability," Madoka began, though reluctant to admit her fault with it - even having been a senshi for as long as she had. Thus, easing into it. "Does your own inclination ... spasm at times?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 7:23 pm

He considered her words and the implications therein. The very question lead him to believe that she herself had experienced these 'spasms', else she would have no reason to mention them, but the ramifications of such issues could be dire. Arching an eyebrow, Tan thought back through all of the times he had used what little time manipulative abilities he had, analyzing them for any hiccups that might have occurred, and slowly shook his head negativity.

"I can't say that I have," he voiced, but looked up to catch her gaze to reassure, "but that doesn't meant that it can't happen or anything. My powers with time are limited to what I can touch and aim at; I'm more in tune with our mother's ruling over the realm of the dead than with her affinity for time."

"If you are having problems," he continued, "I'm sure mom'll be able to help you."
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 7:41 pm

With the resulting reply being negative, it took self control not to huff, disgruntled. The light haired warrior nodded after a moment, though, crossing her arms over her stomach. "Fair enough," she returned, even if the visibility of a clenched jaw betrayed her level tone.

She idly tapped the heel of her boot against the floor, silent for a moment. "That is a bit of the issue. The same thing happened when I first became a senshi. At best, we only have a theory. But now that it has happened more than once, it blows that original theory way out of the water," Madoka stated after a moment, deciding there was no use in sugarcoating it. Even if admitting that she was defective left a bitter taste in her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 7:44 pm

"What happened? Before and now - what do you mean by spasms?" Tan asked, curious.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 7:56 pm

She frowned, before sighing and crossing her legs at the knees, leaning back in the chair again. Apparently, sitting still just wasn't her thing. That or she was fidgeting because she had just admitted that she 'didn't work right'.

"The first time, my own abilities effectively made a pocket dimension on the spot where various eras and cultures were blendered together with all of the threats involved. It also had the curious side-effect of lasting six months on the inside, and only hours on the outside," Madoka summarized, only intending to expand if he asked.

"This time, though ... It happened, and long-story-short, I got lost before finally finding this place. Not really a lot to it, aside from a serious set of cramps," the warrior added, though unable to be flippant about such a serious issue. Time was a fickle mistress.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 8:02 pm

He listened intently, his eyes widening about this 'pocket dimension' she encountered, and after her short and sweet and entirely too simple explanation of how she got there, Tan wondered exactly how much more she'd offer. "Six months," he breathed, trying to actually imagine what that must have been like. Six months was a long time as it was, but to be trapped and -- but something even worse came to mind. Six months was a long time now, but it was always much longer as a kid. He looked at her, this time allowing his eyes to glance that the traces of red scarring that he had only seen in the periphery before flickering back to her face. Had the scarring happened during this interval? Or was fighting in the future a constant thing?

"How old were you?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2012, 11:33 am

His shock was understandable, to some degree, especially since he had no inherited issues to speak of. Nonetheless, she was well aware of his blue eyed gaze moving towards the burnt webbed scarring that peeked out the sleeve of her shirt and curled around the side of her arm. Although it was just a hint, the fact that it was hardly a neat scar that one would receive from a laceration suggested the center of it was almost grotesque.

She made no move to cover the short lengths that were visible, though, instead allowing him to get his fill of staring so they could move on. "I was ten."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th July 2012, 3:00 pm

"It must have been horrible," he commented, not too sure what else to say.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th July 2012, 6:48 pm

She shrugged one shoulder, not about to divulge if he wasn't going to ask. The pale haired warrior nodded to him after a moment, though, deciding to move onto him. "What about yourself? What sorts of training do you have?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th July 2012, 9:28 pm

Maybe she didn't want to talk more about it. ... Or, he considered with a mental smile, Our relation was showing. She seemed about as willing to divulge information freely as he was, especially in regards to personal issues.

Her next question was less personal to him, so he had no problem answered straight and honestly. "Mostly energy manipulation and direction. It all stems from my hands, though, so it's not that hard to master. I've recently considered picking up some sort of martial training - swordplay, martial arts, something - but there doesn't seem much need of it, especially with so many senshi around. So, really, my 'training' was more for training how much energy I was allowing to pass through, and directing that energy to either a beam or a full blast." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd July 2012, 11:20 am

Madoka nodded, thoughtful, as he explained his own powers. If she were to hazard a guess, it sounded similar to King Endymion's supposed psychometry. "Well, there's nothing wrong with learning it anyway," she pointed out with a wry smile, though considering the fact of their different enviorments. She had grown up in an era where there was a shortage, yet there now seemed to be surplus.

"Well, do you want to show me how your powers work sometime? I have a feeling that I'll probably be here a while," Madoka added, both because of the fact her mother would be wary of having her travel time intentionally now, and the fact it was apparently a risk in itself. Now, at least.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2013, 3:24 pm

Bump?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 9:51 am

Administrative Notice: Due to lack of activity, I am marking this storyline as inactive.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th September 2013, 3:49 pm

Admin Note: This RP has been tagged as 'inactive' and relocated to the Graveyard as it has not had a post in over a month. If you would like Sailor Saturn to bring this story back from the dead, please make a request here!

-(Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 4039879955  Sailor Uranus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Inactive) Paradoxical   (Inactive) Paradoxical - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Inactive) Paradoxical

View previous topic View next topic Back to top