The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Confession Time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Her Royal Badass MF-er

Sailor Moon Confession Time! Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 10:06 pm

Whatever it is, no matter what it is, no matter how unpopular it is, I think this should be a place that we can confess are deepest, darkest (or silliest) thoughts about Sailor Moon. No flaming, ja?

My confession, I absolutely hate Chibiusa. Little brat thing. Yeah, whatever, your future home is being ruined and what not, can't you at least give a bro some hints? Clues? Anything? Nope, I'm gonna sit hear and moan.

Sailor Moon Confession Time! Tumblr_lnplekAZK11qjl1va
Back to top Go down
http://phantasmicmuse.tumblr.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 10:12 pm

SailorBAMF I love you so much. You stole my secret (although I do care for her more fondly in her manga form).

I secretly imagine that Usagi was more affected by what Diamond did to her than she shows in the manga. I believe that after the Dark Moon Kingdom is defeated, she becomes closed off to Mamoru out of shame of his not knowing. Only after a traumatic moment between the two of them does Mamoru finally realize what happened to her.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 10:37 pm

I like the phrase "Sailor Scouts." I don't use it because it's inaccurate, but to me, it calls to mind soldiers who are trained to discover the enemy's plans and the layout of their lair, maybe find their weakness, etc. I don't think of girl scouts selling cookies.
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 11:21 pm

Personally, I prefer sailor soldiers. I hated when they said scouts, it made me think of the girl scouts and earning merit badges. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
Niveouslily
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : All the wrong shades, on the right page

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 7:57 am

I dislike the starlights and always was creeped out by their transformation in the anime lol
Back to top Go down
http://pinksugarheart.tumblr.com
Sailor Aya
Star Seed

Sailor Aya

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 8:10 am

Confession: I actually really liked Chibimoon in the manga. And I pretty much hated Usagi throughout most of the anime. OMG STOP CRYING PLEASE. ;__; Also, I thought Usagi/Seiya should have happened in the anime. <<; I hated Usagi/Mamoru in the anime. Hated them. I also hate people's obsession with Moon. I don't get it. WHY? What do you all see in her? /shot

I also wish Chibimoon would have never reverted back to her original form after becoming Wicked Lady. xD I loved Wicked Lady. /shot again

And, the most troubling confession of them all: Naoko's creativity ran out at the end of the series. -.- Sailor Animates--Sailor Mermaid of the planet Mermaid, really? Sailor Cocoon of the planet Cocoon? /sigh
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 8:25 am

CONFESSION #1: I absolutely hate what DiC has done to Ami's name. Their idea to change it from "Mizuno" to "Anderson" was an EPIC FAIL. I don't know why they even changed it?!

Even though Cloverway kept her name, I won't let them off the hook just yet.

CONFESSION #2: Dear Cloverway, why would you replace Karen Bernstein with Liza Balkan to play Ami Mizuno?! It's not that her voice sounded bad, she made her sound too....too high-pitched and quiet. I'd rather be listening to Aya Hishikawa speak than hear "Mercury Aqua Rhapsody" being screamed so high and awkward.

-----------
I'm having a very irritating Wednesday....btw.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 8:42 am

Sailor Venus wrote:
Personally, I prefer sailor soldiers. I hated when they said scouts, it made me think of the girl scouts and earning merit badges. Lol

I'm sorry, that drives me NUTS. I'm not going to jump down someone's throat for using "scout", but it still annoys me. It IS inaccurate, because scouts are people who gather information, not actually fight the enemy. Also, I think of Girl Scouts, too, V-babe. Razz

I say "senshi" or "soldier."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 8:43 am

come to think of it, oh snap I gotta stop saying "zodiac scout" when it should be "zodiac senshi"...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Aya
Star Seed

Sailor Aya

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 8:50 am

Speaking of Zodiac senshi. xD Confession: I really don't like the sound of them. Or of Sailor Sun or Sailor Earth. It's funny, considering that on a lot of websites, Sailor Earth is considered the epitome of a Mary Sue.
Back to top Go down
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 10:01 am

Sailor Aya wrote:
I hated Usagi/Mamoru in the anime. Hated them.

You know, I didn't think too much about the pairing until I read the manga and it's a much more fleshed out in the manga than in the anime. To be honest my perspective has increased a lot through reading the manga.

Except Chibiusa. Still cannot stand her. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ilostmyshadow
Star Seed

Ilostmyshadow

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 10:39 am

I still don't like the Starlights x_x especially in the anime!
Back to top Go down
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 10:46 am

This crazy kids. They do spark up a nice debate on gender issues thou, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Aya
Star Seed

Sailor Aya

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 11:23 am

I adored the Starlights. I liked them because they hated on the Senshi, too. xD /weird like that It caused some good senshi-senshi angst.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 12:39 pm

Aquarii2011 wrote:
CONFESSION #2: Dear Cloverway, why would you replace Karen Bernstein with Liza Balkan to play Ami Mizuno?! It's not that her voice sounded bad, she made her sound too....too high-pitched and quiet. I'd rather be listening to Aya Hishikawa speak than hear "Mercury Aqua Rhapsody" being screamed so high and awkward.

I seem to recall that Balkan was unable to reprise the role so that is why she was replaced. In fact, that is the main reason most of the voice actors were replaced. They either couldn't or did not want to take on the role again.

As far as my confessions go... hm.

I have to say, that at first I didn't like Chibi-Usa, but now I love her! I don't get all the hate she gets. If you first watched the R season Dubbed, I think I can understand why you would hate her, because i think that version of her irritated me the most. But I love love love her from there on out. Especially the manga version of her. Plus she's cute and funny. And uh...CHIBIUSA/HELIOS. YES. (Though I have to say, I wish she'd butt out when Mamo-chan and Usa are having a romantic moment. she tends to get in the way of THAT alot. But mostly because shes just a big troll!)

Other confession, I admire Usagi so so much. Yeah her crying can get really annoying, especially first season. But watching her grow, seeing her become the princess, all of her faults and personality that I relate to in so many ways. When she became the princess, she became my idol. I adore her. When I was 12/13, I wanted to be just like her. I even made a wish on one of my birthdays to be like the Moon Princess. Usagi is who I looked up to while growing up. Her love, her friendships...everything. Especially in the manga. That is why the manga is so special to me. It is a huge part of me that I just can't let go.

Plus I love her hair. XD
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 12:50 pm

I hated the gender bending with the Starlights. Wtf people, come on!!!

I also hated how the American dub made Haruka and Michiru cousins.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 1:17 pm

Making them cousins made everything SO much worse. I think they thought that if they made them cousins, it would seem less likely that they were in fact lovers, but all we ended up with was a heap of incest jokes which was 100000x worse than the original content.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 2:37 pm

Balkan was from theatre, so I knew then on there that voice talenting wasn't what she wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 3:09 pm

I can't stand the Starlights. Seiya is an insensitive jerk- WAY worse than Diamond- but for some reason fangirls love Seiya, but hate Diamond... And at least Diamond has the excuse of being brainwashed by the dark crystal earrings; Seiya's just a natural selfish lech. :S

I can't stand Sailor Moon's eternal form: the outfit is ridiculous- and the wings are just silly. I prefer the occasional illustrations where her wings actually look like wings, rather than part of a silly Pokemon. On the other hand, I *LOOOOOOOOOVE* Sailor Cosmos' outfit, so if she is future Serena, at least she finally gets a decent outfit someday. Her SuperS form is also nice; the eternal form is just too *much*, I think.

I know that it's kind of inferred that everyone is okay at the end, but I can't believe that the Starlights and THE CATS in the manga aren't shown after the Cauldron. Luna was like a pseudo-mom to Usagi AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT HER WEDDING. She probably was, but why wasn't she shown?!?!?! TT_TT I can't stand the idea of the cats staying dead. ;_; And since I'm a cat lover + they were in the series longer + Seiya was annoying, the idea of the cats being gone actually bothers me more than the Starlights potentially being gone...

It bugs me that Uranus is supposed to be the soldier of the sky, but all her attacks are earth-related. It's like a Pidgey knowing nothing but earthquake... For real, she should have had wind powers like Kagura from Inuyasha or Fuuko from Flame of Recca. Wind powers are one of the easier types to draw: there's no excuse! World Shaking would have been a better power for Darien, who hails from Earth... >_>
Back to top Go down
enogitna
Star Seed

enogitna

Star Seed

Title : Antigone

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 4:14 pm

I think Sailor Neptune is my least favorite *ducks and covers* I know I know! I said "least favorite" to mean I still like her just a little less than I love everyone else. I think it's just she's a little too perfect. I still like Haruka/Michiru as a couple, just... idk. She's not that relateable (wth spellcheck? is that a word? can I English today?), imo.

But I'm glad I got that off my chest!! :-P

ps. maybe I'll feel differently after I rewatch S, though!
Back to top Go down
http://enogitna.tumblr.com/
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 5:09 pm

enogitna wrote:
I think it's just she's a little too perfect...She's not that relateable...

THIS. I have similar interests (art, the ocean, study) and I still can't relate to her, even though I typically love anything related to water. She doesn't show much emotion. You can typically tell what the others are thinking or what's driving them, but Michiru is a mystery. (Also, in my mind, she's "tainted" by the fact that she first shows up trying to kill a child. I mean, I know, Saturn is DOOOOOOOOOOOM but still... I just can't separate Uranus and Neptune from that- as well as that they come off as being a bad influence on the previously-kind Pluto, who joins right in with them. >_> It's *supposed* to show how committed they are to their mission, I suppose, but it just comes off as being really cold and scary and not Senshi-ish to me. ;_; ) Since water is so emotional, I wish they'd made her more open. Haruka perhaps not (since she's the "tough" one) but water should be emotional, since the element appears that way in real life...

Last edited by SailorStarWind on 6th July 2011, 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : accidental emoticon; typo in explanation for editing even! (I need more sleep sheesh))
Back to top Go down
enogitna
Star Seed

enogitna

Star Seed

Title : Antigone

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 5:18 pm

yeah, I'm not just that into her. It's not like I hate her, I'm just like, "oh meh." To misquote Family Guy, it's like: "This is a Michiru-heavy episode. *slides remote toward you* Go ahead. No one would blame you if you changed the channel." Wink
Back to top Go down
http://enogitna.tumblr.com/
Niveouslily
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : All the wrong shades, on the right page

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 5:46 pm

SailorStarWind wrote:
enogitna wrote:

THIS. I have similar interests (art, the ocean, study) and I still can't relate to her, even though I typically love anything related to water. She doesn't show much emotion. You can typically tell what the others are thinking or what's driving them, but Michiru is a mystery. (Also, in my mind, she's "tainted" by the fact that she first shows up trying to kill a child. I mean, I know, Saturn is DOOOOOOOOOOOM but still... I just can't separate Uranus and Neptune from that- as well as that they come off as being a bad influence on the previously-kind Pluto, who joins right in with them. >_> It's *supposed* to show how committed they are to their mission, I suppose, but it just comes off as being really cold and scary and not Senshi-ish to me. ;_; ) Since water is so emotional, I wish they'd made her more open. Haruka perhaps not (since she's the "tough" one) but water should be emotional, since the element appears that way in real life...

I relate to her, because I am also a Pisces and not only we have similar interests but people can`t figure me out either lol She is emotional but in her own world.. Like Haruka said in the anime, she goes off into her own world and leaves everything behind.
Back to top Go down
http://pinksugarheart.tumblr.com
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 7:52 pm

Say what you may about Saturn and Neptune, but the anime is at its best when they talk dirty ;D
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 5:34 am

SailorStarWind wrote:
enogitna wrote:

My favorite senshi is Sailor Neptune so of course I would have something to add. I COMPLETELY related to her! On the fact that she's too perfect: That's one of the reasons that I like her. I, myself, am a perfectionist and seeing a character that embodies that is just a plus in my book. There are numerous similarities between Michiru and myself. She plays the violin. I play the viola. She's artistic; as am I. She's mature and sophisticated; which are characteristics that I believe I posses. She's stoic; this characteristic in a person/character is also a plus in book. I consider myself stoic as well. I don't really like to show my feelings/emotional side to other people. Now to the comment about water being emotional; I see Ami as the senshi of water. I see Michiru as the senshi of the deep sea or deep water. I think it's fitting that she's the senshi of the deep sea since the sea in it's depth is pretty mysterious and some people have said that Michiru is mysterious. Now to end this whole comparison on Neptune and me I would like to say that I completely relate to her representation as a homosexual character. I am gay and it's great to see a character that isn't stereotyped (like Haruka was). If Haruka was the only lesbian sailor senshi I would have had a problem with Haruka being stereotyped but since they added Michiru, Naoko presented a homosexual characters/couple as it's seen in everyday life.

So now on to to the one thing that bugs me about Sailor Moon and that's Seiya. He's probably the only character that bugged me. The main reason that I didn't like him was because he was always trying to get with Usagi even though Usagi already had Mamoru. If Usagi had been single I don't think it would have bugged me as much but I feel like he was trying to get in the way of Usagi and Mamoru. He also flirted with Michiru once and so Haruka, with reason, hated as well. He was a playboy and I hate playboys. I also didn't like Usagi when she was leading Seiya on either. I mean, yes, she was being nice to him but she had Mamoru and not hearing from him wasn't an excuse to go and "see other people." I think another reason why I didn't like Seiya was because he/she was stubborn and cocky! Those are two characteristics that I absolutely hate. He was stubborn in the fact that he wouldn't listen to the other starlights or the outer senshi when they kept telling him to stay away from Usagi. I would also like to say something about the episode where Seiya asks Usagi is he/she isn't good enough. The episode was "divine retribution." Seiya deserved being heartbroken over a girl who already had someone else. I, however, felt bad for Usagi the poor girl had been depressed for a while and Seiya made it worse by rescuing her like Mamoru had done in the past. The two characters don't go. I will NEVER ship Usagi and Seiya and honestly I don't like to see/wouldn't like to see Usagi as a lesbian for being with Seiya. LOL. Ironic is it not?

Back to top Go down
Lady Dynamite
Pyramidal Crystal

Lady Dynamite

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 11:25 am

I dislike Chibiusa. I also dislike Mamoru (in the anime – i'm such a bad fan, i haven't finished the manga) and i love the Starlights and especially Seiya. I loved the gender transform too, it made it pretty interesting. I like Seiya with Usagi more – and i do have reasons for that. I usually don't talk about it, because i don't like to drama about it.

Generally, Sailor Moon makes me confused of my own sexuality *grin*
Back to top Go down
http://ladydynamitez.tumblr.com/
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 3:10 pm

My favorite villain was Prince Dimando. I hated the anime version of him, though.

I hated the clothes Tuxedo Mask wore, ok I'm sorry, I know it was because of the year they were in and what people thought was hip happenin, but just NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. JUST NO. STOP IT, MAMORU. MY EYESSSS.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 3:22 pm

ok so i know i've stated before about how i only can ship UsagixMamoru together. Well i forgot about this one crack shipping i fell in love with due to a crossover fanfic that I read AGES ago.

Usagi x Piccolo from DBZ. >.>....
Back to top Go down
SailorBAMF
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorBAMF

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 5:38 pm

I think the whole Usagi x seiya thing was very much a real life situation. When I was away from my boyfriend for months another guy came out of nowhere abstruse to serenade me. Likeusagi, I should have stayed away but at the same time, when you're lonely and craving that kind of contact, you stick around. Well for me anyway.

I'm not justifying it, I just want to show that sailor moon reaches through to a lot of real life situations... Very Happy nothing is ever what it seems!
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 6:06 pm

SailorBAMF wrote:
I think the whole Usagi x seiya thing was very much a real life situation. When I was away from my boyfriend for months another guy came out of nowhere abstruse to serenade me. Likeusagi, I should have stayed away but at the same time, when you're lonely and craving that kind of contact, you stick around. Well for me anyway.

I'm not justifying it, I just want to show that sailor moon reaches through to a lot of real life situations... Very Happy nothing is ever what it seems!

After I read your post, I just realized that the same thing happens in Twilight as in Sailor Moon... ^^; Now, I want to draw Seiya as a werewolf...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Confession Time!   Sailor Moon Confession Time! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Confession Time!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top