The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Silent Hill

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Title : Aunt

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 2:54 am

Has anyone played the new Silent Hill game?

I'm scared to try it because I've read two very conflicting reviews, one stating that the Silent Hill series is officially dead and awful while the other says that the new one brings a bit of new life and innovation and I have sneaking suspicion that everyone's a liar. o_o

Any other horror games you guys like? Post below!
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime23rd March 2012, 7:40 am

I think by now, a lot of people here know that I am a fan of horror video games. To me, it's much more exciting and suspensful participating in a horror video game than to just watch it these days.

I have played pretty much all the Silent Hill games that was available for the original Playstation as well as the PS2. I will say that I am more of a fan of Silent Hill 3 (although 2 scared the living crap out of me minus the fact that I hated the main character, James). My least favorite was Silent Hill 4 as I really felt it came up short next to the other games. As for the new upcoming Silent Hill that is being released on the PS3, I am somewhat excited about it as I have heard other SH fans praise it and knock it. According to some, Konami went back to the roots for this game and some people think that they are just dragging a dead horse. As for me though, I will probably still buy it and play it to really get my opinion then.

Also, I enjoyed the Silent Hill movie. While the director created his own characters, I loved how he referenced the video games still and am very excited to hear that there is a sequel in the works with the same characters again.

As for other horror games, I am a fan of the Resident Evil series (although as the series has been progresssing, it's been turning more into a survival game than a horror suvival game, imo) but I am a HUGE fan of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series. I really wished they had brought the fourth game to the states (BLAST YOU NINTENDO!!!) but they didn't so I had to play that game in Japanese where I purchased a Japanese Wii just for that game. XD I am also excited for next month as a game that is based off of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series is coming to the 3DS called the Spirit Camera - it looks really promising.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime31st March 2012, 11:05 pm

I really did like how Silent Hill was reasonably (very) good for a video-game movie. Not only did it absolutely perfect the atmosphere but it stuck pretty well to the game.

Also, I thought maybe... since Shattered memories did have a pretty good plot which is exactly what made Silent Hill 2 so good, maybe this new one will have a nice plot too (it seems like a plot that would have a really good twist in it at some point)

I'm looking forward to trying it out (but not finishing it @_@ every game is difficult for me)
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime3rd April 2012, 1:43 pm

Hehe, I'm waiting to buy it when I find it preowned (lol). There are games I just can't say no to when they first come out, but this game I can still say no to. ^^

I have yet to play Shatter Memories. Was it any good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime27th April 2012, 10:50 pm

Oh I just watched a bit of a Downpour Let's Play, and the otherworld is absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

LadyShizuka

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime27th April 2012, 11:10 pm

Yes, Resident Evil would be another good game for you. My sister and I are obsessed with those games. We have been looking in to Silent Hill but haven't played one yet. I love the Silent Hill movie but I guess people would bash me for like it but what ever. lol I liked the Resident Evil movies and have all of them so far and people would bash me for that one too.

I heard Left4Dead is good too. I want to play it but haven't gotten to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime27th April 2012, 11:16 pm

Actually I really lpved the silent hill movie, it somehow did justice to (at least) the look of the game. Acting was quite good and was loyal to the game. XD it's different to most video game movies. Though I admit they did include a lot of inappropriate fan-service XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime27th April 2012, 11:17 pm

crying flashlight
Back to top Go down
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime27th April 2012, 11:25 pm

Lol, remember that fun track you made where suddenyl there was jazzy tunes.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime28th April 2012, 4:22 am

A new Silent Hill movie is coming out soon.
Back to top Go down
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime29th April 2012, 11:57 pm

There is isn't there? I want to see how it might play out but I really wish we had seen a film version of Silent hill 2, that would've made for great cinema with the right touches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silent Hill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silent Hill   Silent Hill I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silent Hill

View previous topic View next topic Back to top