The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum Empty
PostSubject: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime9th July 2019, 12:56 pm

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum Latest?cb=20180915060112
Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum UvJun0D
Together on GC we've laughed, we've cried, we've debated stuffed animals and proclaimed our favorite songs, seasons and versions of Sailor Moon.

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294 Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294 Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294

In this thread, let's reminisce about memories and members past and present, times old and new.

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294 Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294 Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 4011577294

Let's give a final farewell to our favorite forum as this chapter closes - one last goodbye as we head toward our Crystal Tokyo Discord future!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 3:00 pm

I gotta say some of my best memories associated with the forum are the insanely complex Mafia games and threads. Trying to figure everything out myself and reading the thought processes of others, wondering who would end up lynched or taken out and who would make it out alive, it was a legitimately tense and exciting experience. Of particular note for me was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time themed game about three ish years ago (three years already? wow), what a ride. The anniversaries in general have always been excellent too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 3:19 pm

FOUND IT! my intro post i was 28 then so 4 years ago back in march. i wish i could remember more but i cant really. but i know these last 4 have been fun
Back to top Go down
Malour

Malour

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 3:32 pm

Oh golly XD I remember I stalked visited this forum for several years before joining! It was actually Future Reunion that lead me here! I would read the occasional debate or RP, but never made an account, until last year. Boy am I glad I did!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 3:35 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
I gotta say some of my best memories associated with the forum are the insanely complex Mafia games and threads. Trying to figure everything out myself and reading the thought processes of others, wondering who would end up lynched or taken out and who would make it out alive, it was a legitimately tense and exciting experience. Of particular note for me was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time themed game about three ish years ago (three years already? wow), what a ride. 
I remember that game!! All the new roles thrown in there definitely made it exciting XD Not exactly knowing how things worked definitely made it exciting, even above the usual back-stabbing mafia joy XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 5:37 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Sailor Zelda wrote:
I gotta say some of my best memories associated with the forum are the insanely complex Mafia games and threads. Trying to figure everything out myself and reading the thought processes of others, wondering who would end up lynched or taken out and who would make it out alive, it was a legitimately tense and exciting experience. Of particular note for me was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time themed game about three ish years ago (three years already? wow), what a ride. 
I remember that game!! All the new roles thrown in there definitely made it exciting XD Not exactly knowing how things worked definitely made it exciting, even above the usual back-stabbing mafia joy XD

My husband will be ecstatic to know he made the forums yearbook with these memories ♥
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime10th July 2019, 6:08 pm

over the 3...or is it 4 years I have been here... you all have made this man's life happier every second, every minute, every hour and every day. If I was down, you all picked me up, when I was sad, someone took the time to make me giggle, even fall out of my chair once..Thanks Andi for that one! When I had my first surgeries earlier this year, lots of you banded together to give me love, well wishes and support. Truthfully, I have no Planatery clue where I would be if it was for the mighty collective of The Galaxy Cauldron.

MUCH LOVE, HUGS, (GIFS) and APPRECTION,

From Sportsnutd/Sports/Stephen/Pun-King/Gif-Master/Cool Uncle/FluffyTeddyBear and overall Nice (and SUPER GRATEFUL) Guy.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime11th July 2019, 7:13 am

I will never forget my first RP event, The Hunger Games. XD That was when I started to understand what brand of ~evil~ Kyra is. ;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime11th July 2019, 7:51 am

Oh dear there are just soooooo many memories. I've met so many friends along the way...without GC, SeaofSerenity.net would not even exist! I also probably would not have gotten into the musicals as much as I have (or I'd have been a late bloomer for sure xD). So many wonderful people, fun threads, debates, theories, livestreams, manga club!!, tinychat, RPs...and I'm so happy I was able to be as highly involved as I was as moderator, then admin and now as a regular ole member.

Some of my fondest and earliest memories are from the 1st year anniversary, where I was dead set on making it a big deal and super excited for it! The fact that me and previous member, Houyou no Senshi, planned an entire week filled with 24 hours of streams WITH COMMERCIALS (what were we thinking?!). The first Double Moon bash event that made me want to have more and more events and activities. The April Fool's pranks...the villain takeover, the moustache take over, memeocalypse. xD Not to mention all the fun contests, games, etc.

Out of Sailor Moon communities, I don't know if there's one that worked as hard as GC to provide so much fun stuff for members to do. It had everything for everyone! I hope Discord is able to continue to provide that and I'm looking forward to continuing and growing our community on there. In recent years Ive found less and less time to be able to devote to posting on forums and Discord has made it that much easier for me to keep in touch with all the friends I've made here. <3 I look forward to what the future brings!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime11th July 2019, 10:36 am

ARGH. This is making me a bit nostalgic and melancholic... I joined back in 2014, practically in the end of 2014 as Marianne. I have been observing the forums as a guest for quite a while. Back then, I was not that much of a good graphic designer, despite me having worked as such for over a decade already (<.<). When I joined, I finally found the courage to improve my skills and got to know so many other, talented artists I drew so much inspiration from. I'm so thankful for that, truly.

My favorite anniversary was probably the Masquerade one. Loved the theme, the games, the atmosphere... just everything. it's so vivid in my brain still, I simply really really adored this anniversary <3

I will never forget the forums, the members and of course, that GC will always have a special place in my heart <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime17th July 2019, 12:26 pm

The greatest gift GC has given me is some lifelong friends, and all the wonderful stories we got to write together at the RP section. Like the others, I am glad for all the events, festivities, wonderful shiny graphics and gifts that have been handed out over the years too. There has been so much laughter and fun and love in this forum since I first joined in 2013. I recently had the pleasure of meeting my wife and soul mate Sailor Uranus in person and I have to say she is even more awesome in real life. And without the people of this forum, I wouldn't have ended up finding my actual husband either, so for that I'll always be thankful to GC. May the memories live on even 20 more or 50 years from now.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime22nd July 2019, 11:12 pm

I wish I could have joined sooner, but it's definitely been nice being together in these forums. :bunnylove:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime27th July 2019, 4:17 pm

Memories...I have a lot of memories...in the GC forum. It has been fun posting my thoughts on a number of topics from anime to sports (the GC Olympics) to the weather in my 6 years I was a member of the GC. I loved my participation in the GC World's fair and reading about other countries in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime28th July 2019, 7:59 pm

Note!:

I've thought about what I would write in this for a few weeks and honestly I still don't know what to say exactly. The GC means a lot to me. It's been a huge part of my life for the last almost-8 years. It was the first website I checked in the morning and the last I checked on at night. During lunch at work I would be scrolling through on my phone while catching up with the other teachers on my team. My mentor teacher is familiar with a lot of roleplay section business, lol, including different plots for the HC events and my team here xD Summers at the cottage pre-internet access was dotted with trips to the local library - half an hour away - to use their wifi to check up on things (usually anniversary related things, as my trips up there unfortunately typically coincided with the anniversary ^^'). My husband has only ever met Bubbles irl, but he is familiar with all the other admin, rp mods, HC players, and active RPer's from over the years. I even shared the site with my anime club last year when introducing them to the ins-and-outs of roleplaying xD The swap to discord is a little bittersweet for me, because this forum - the header, announcement banner, the side panel with the navigation module and that ever-important 'latest topics' list - it's been home. It's as familiar to me as the back of my hands. I've got headers saved from over the years, screenshots from discussions and walkthroughs on how to change things within accounts from back when I was the "welcome section" moderator, showing people how to change their avatars and sign up for grumpybumbers for a rotating sig. I have themed signature groups on grumpybumpers, did you know? Lol one i use for when HC events are active, one for festibration, one for when bubbles and i got forum-married, one for my birthday, one for bubbles's birthday, three seperate groupings for usagixmamoru based on the lunar chronicles hc events, and one that's filled with just ridiculousness. I even have my first signature saved still - and that's a mess because even though I was mod for the siggy section, my signature was smaller than the recommended size. I had the aspect ratio right but had it at 400px w instead of 450! it months for me to spot that! lol.

As an admin, during the last 7+ years I've learned a lot about managing peers through my experiences here; I've learned how best to initiate confrontations in regards to expectations and rules, and how not to (lol), and it's been really interesting because it's actually given me work experience??? GC moderating and administering has actually reinforced certain aspects of classroom management, student discipline, and team management, and vise versa. Nuts, right? I've learned a lot about providing benefits and perks for active involvement, how to organize behind-the-scenes to make things run smoothly. I've also learned a lot about fostering relationships, working towards common goals, and the benefits of brainstorming with people that you admire to make a place that can foster growth and development with relationships just as much as with storylines. I've made so many friends here, and making friends doesn't really come easy to me. I'm a very project-oriented person with a particular sense of humor and small-talk has never held my interest @-@  So actually having friends - friends that I talk to practically every day, friends that I can keysmash at and be ridiculous with and bother on the regular, while also maintaining a common goal to stay connected even when I have nothing else to say - it's been, honestly, the best thing for me.

Ha, so, before I go on I just want to personally thank Momma Jupi and old co-founder Cosmos for being positive voices on my moderator application. I want to super excitedly thank Brit-chan for being the best back when I joined and being an amazing play-mate back then, and then a fantastic co-worker-slash-boss when I became a mod, and then being my dastardly partner in all the shenanigans back then - including the unannounced first april fool's day pranking ;D. Working with you, Brit-chan, was a treat and an honor and I'm glad I got to know you because having another source of chaotic energy running about made it even more fun to blow expectations out of the water.  I'd like to thank the first RP team - SeleneHime (original Pluto), Yumi (original Saturn), and Chmia (original RP Director, Venus) - for their hard work in setting up the section, and their enthusiasm for welcoming me onto their team, and then - lol - rolling with everything I wanted to do and wanted to update and change and put into place. Chmia bumped me up to Uranus without an application for how coo-coo-bananas I was with RP motivation back then, and, originally, my job title was something like "rp mascot", but I'm grateful that she brought me in and let me continue full-steam towards the future. AND NQS. Cae. xD When I stepped up to cover for Venus and became a 'secret' inner-admin, I was so relieved that you were aware of my shenanigans and fully supported them. Thank you for opting to keep me on as 'secret' inner admin even when Chmia returned XD >D wormed my way into your heart, didn't I? mwahahahahaha
My roleplay team. Babes, my outer senshi and RP mods mean the world to me. That "golden age" of RP when we had all four outer senshi and six rp mods, all with super high activity coughcoughcough what activity card number requirement? coughcoughcough the rumours that I kept them in hanging cages in the basement and only fed them crackers is egregiously false. ... Aurae got tea, too. And Anait was fed coffee to keep her rp post tallies up and accurate. And they got to decorate their cages, I'm not a monster. Man, just thinking about back then, around the time when the first few HC events came out, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside XD Some of them aren't active anymore, but still, shout outs to Tsuki-love, Yumi, Verdi, Addelyn, JTC, Ed, Anait, Bubbles, Aurae and EK (EK!!!) for making that time period just balls to the wall awesome. We may have never made it to my goal of collecting 7 rainbow crystal moderators and awaken as the great and terrible powerful Princess Kyralih, but damb if we didn't post like there were 11 of us anyway XD  and LIGHT!! We kidnapped you goooood >D mwahahahahahahahaa! You've been an absolute rockstar to have on the team, and i'm so glad you didn't sue after we tied you up in that basement. ;D
Jupi, thank you for reaching out to me for shenanigans xD You've pulled me into so many different things and I like being a little sh*t with you, hahahah XDD 
VERDI. YOU ARE ALL THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WORLD AND I AM PRIVILEDGED TO GET WORK WITH YOU ON PROJECTS. You just being you reminds me to be kind, stay optimistic, and help out whenever I can, wherever I can. You're such a positive force and working with you - both as an administrator and a cowriter - is a real treat and I'm never letting you go c: mwahahahahahahah.
AURAE. ONE DAY I WILL INVADE CHICAGO AND WE WILL HAVE TEA AND YOU WILL TAKE ME TO THIS RUMORED "FRESH GUMMY" STORE AND I WILL BE AMAZED BY YOUR ADORABLE OUTFITS. You, I am also forever keeping. Your drive to keep things going despite (and sometimes in spite of ;D) the odds is so inspiring!!! 
BUBBLES. MY BUBBLES. MY BUBBBLESSSSSSSS. iLOVEYOU. Like, seriously. Do you know how unbelievable I still think it is that I found my best friend over the internet? And that i've now lived in your house for daaaaysss??? Meeting you was just fantastic because you hear sometimes that when you meet people for the first time it can get weird or awkward or whatever, but when I met you it was just like click! just irl XD You're sassy and snarky and iloveyou XDD Thank You for putting up with all of my nonsense ridiculous male characters over the years, and thank you for being such a fantastic writer and amazing roleplaying partner and friend and all of everything. :> ilu. 

YEAH SO ANYWAY, This place has been my home. I know the layout by heart. I can tell you if there has been a theory and debate discussion on something from 7 years ago. I can give you a general timeline for when certain changes were rolled out. I can give you directions to every change that can be made here. I have learned how to make sprites for this site, how to make youtube videos for ridiculous debates and award ceremonies for the first Hunger Games event during that second anniversary. I have snuck in to change the banner, add auto-play songs, even changed people's signatures to point out their bad taste in plushies. This place has been my home. While we may not be able to post anymore after the end of September, I'll always have the memories. It's bittersweet, but I think the change is necessary. Over the past year, the 'latest topics' list has not changed all that often, and when I think back to that time when you could refresh the page and have a brand new list of boards showing up there, it's just clear to me that it's time to let it rest. 

Since I visited it back at the beginning of September in 2011 when google found an image from the manga somewhere within the theories and debate section, the galaxy cauldron has been in the exact center of my google bookmarks bar. Even though the boards are closing down, it will always remain there, because it's been such a huge part of my life. 

So, this is my Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron, and I will fully admit that I am legit crying right now as I type that out.

♥ Always,
Sailor Uranus

P.S.:
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Naru

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime29th July 2019, 3:29 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
I gotta say some of my best memories associated with the forum are the insanely complex Mafia games and threads. Trying to figure everything out myself and reading the thought processes of others, wondering who would end up lynched or taken out and who would make it out alive, it was a legitimately tense and exciting experience. Of particular note for me was the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time themed game about three ish years ago (three years already? wow), what a ride. The anniversaries in general have always been excellent too.

Honestly, I think the Clue Casino Mafia game which convinced me to sign up for GC in the first place was the funnest memory for me.  

I also loved being able to share my Sailor Moon mania with other like-minded people for the short time I was here.  I only wish I had found the place sooner.  The melancholic in me is really having a hard time.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime1st August 2019, 2:20 pm

God, what am I supposed to type in here without getting overly sentimental or sappy?

The GC forums really have broadened my horizons and got me more social. No joke. It's almost like every old post or thread I find is in a time capsule that reminds me of where I was and how far I've come. I'd never been in a forum before-let alone, one that had been active with events and even RP events. And I was able to make so many friends; heck, some that know me better then the friends  I know around my town. I can also see how other members have grown. 

The graphics, the events, the roleplaying section-just. Everything. I'm going to miss it all so much. 

Probably gonna end up looking back with the entire "aaa I should have said THIS instead of THAT or added THIS" mentality, but this is honestly the best goodbye I can muster. Besides, it's not like we're gone forever-we ARE gonna be on discord, after all. 

Besides, there's always the wayback machine if it ever comes to that. I looked up the forums exclusively for posting the url in this thread-it's actually an almost-complete archive. I was able to click through pages and threads with no issues-here's hoping it stays that way if forumotion ever goes away.

So crack open a cold one for The Galaxy Cauldron Forums, guys! It's been an absolute blast! I just wish it could have lasted just a little bit longer.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime15th August 2019, 10:47 pm

I haven't felt quite right posting here until now. To be honest, I've had an alarmingly hard time dealing with this change emotionally speaking. I've gone through basically... grief? It stuns me how much I am attached to and cared about this place even though it was not mine at all. Not one speck. I guess we'll just chalk that one up to a cautionary tale and a learning experience, shall we? X''D

In any case, I wanted at least to be able to post something positive here: some memories that really made a difference in my life both generally and as a fan and finally I feel able to do that now that the negative feelings have dulled.

First of all, this was the first time I really came out from the shadows of fandom to *engage*. I mean I've had in person interactions with other fans at cons over the years but I didn't realize how different the interaction can be with a fellow fan that you actually *get to know*. All those years I totally could have asked for the other person's contact but I never did. I just figured the broad-strokes comments we exchanged were always going to be where the discussion ended and real life would take over. But GC showed me that mostly isn't true. Brit, obviously I think of you strongly here lol hey more spotlight :p but so many others here too that I've gotten to know and am just blown away by your fan knowledge, perspective, and nuanced individual appreciation for so many different facets of the Sailor Moon canon, characters, and the fandom too... But it's not independent from you guys as people, y'know? And getting to know you personally in bits and pieces over the past few years has made me realize I was missing a lot in trying to only extract the make believe without connecting on real life terms. I mean it's a known cliche that everyone has their own perspective on things but really getting to know so many different and interesting people and *how and why* they personally relate to the same themes and plots that I love beyond reason... It's been an amazing and *fun* first-hand experience of that cliche.

I feel lucky that I was able to participate on GC for so long.

So, thank you to every single person here who has opened up my mind in so many ways. There were so many parts of the fandom (e.g. Otaku Senshi) and canon (e.g. Sera Myu) that I actually almost disparaged before meeting all of you. And now all these things I have such a deeper appreciation for because of you, lots of fun memories of enjoying together with friends, and a reason to explore further. I still have my favorites and definitely enjoy sharing my opinion on those :3. But yeah... it's just been such a wild ride of interactions both on Discord and on here and it wouldn't be the same if we weren't able to get a little personal too.

I don't talk a whole super lot about my life or my daughter, but I think despite that you guys have got the impression that she's basically my world right now lol. If I hadn't found this place so soon after she was born I don't know how I would have expressed how much she's changed my understanding of Queen Serenity, Chibiusa, Usagi, Mamoru, NQS and King Endymion. It would have just been shower thoughts escaping into the night... But over the years I think I've been able to process a lot of my experience of being a mother through those discussions about their characters. And that's just one example of the topics here that have really meant a lot to me personally. So I guess what I'm saying is that this place has been such an epic library of well-organized group shower-thought fodder and I've just loved it to pieces for that XD. Here, I'll add an extra little thanks to our resident "NQS" for starting this whole crazy forum up in the first place. Hard to argue this has been the best forum out there for a dang long time, activity levels notwithstanding.

Lesser but still important to my time here was the introduction of RPing as an alternative to fanfic writing which has always been this thorn in my side since I suck at finishing things solo ^^;;;;. I couldn't believe how supportive the staff and other members of all ranks were of my first forays into that realm. Again, thank you guys! I don't know how much time I'll be able to set aside for it in the years ahead (or really much of any Discord discussions, really I'm afraid) but I'm still so happy I got the experience :3. It gave me a great confidence boost in my writing ability.

So here's a toast to all the amazing threads, people and ideas here and OMG ESPECIALLY THE SHINIES!!!! DID I FORGET THAT!?! CAUSE GOODNESS ME DO THEY NOT EMBODY SO MUCH OF THE APPEAL OF SAILOR MOON GENERALLY?!?!!? LIKE YOU GUYS PUT SO MUCH OFFICIAL MERCH TO SHAME WITH YOUR AESTHETIC TASTE! SERIOUSLY, DAAAAAMN!!! THANK YOU ALL YOU WONDERFUL GRAPHICS ARTISTS, YOU!!

ahem

Galaxy Cauldron Forums, I'll always have a special place in my heart for you. All of it. The good, the bad, the ugly, the especially pretty XD... And crazily enough, I still have a list of a few things I'm hoping against hope I get time to do/post before the forum doors close for good. This place sure does foster that sense of inspiration, eh? But thank you above all to every single member of all ranks and tenures for all of your humanity that gives continual life to Sailor Moon and the memory of it. You have my deepest respect.

<3 Diagnosed
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime19th August 2019, 5:50 pm

I guess I have to prepare for the inevitable end of this wonderful forum. Sure, it will live on through the Discord, but still, this forum carried a lot of memories. I went searching for this forum back probably when I got a little scared off by the other Sailor Moon forum, with their loose rules, and a few trolls that haunted that site with little response from admins, at the time.

It was here, where I joined my first club on the Internet, and I actively contributed and spoke with others in an active discussion. I got to hear from others, and give my thoughts to them as well. Soon, when Addelyn stepped down as co-leader the Sailor Moon manga club, I stepped up and worked with Brit on it for a good few years (which I hope continues after, on Discord). Btw, shout out to those two: Addelyn gave me a glowing recommendation that helped my become a Lotus member; and Brit has always been a great partner for the club and just a cool GC member, in general.

I also remember the fun awkward times as well: arguing with a diehard fan over the break-up arc, hearing various opinions on ships, trying to make a rule-abidding sig for my profile. All good sport and humor.

And I recall the fun games, like a jigsaw puzzle, or the candy bingo was an event I participated occasionally. Plus all the great people that I met through the forums.

Sorry if my thoughts seem a bit all over the place. I'm not very good with writing things like this (even in a physical year book). But I am going to miss this place, dearly. I am still going to be present on Discord, but it won't be the same and I am just going to miss the creative postings, the subjects, the creative, consistent threads, the prizes. I'm just going to miss participating in this place, so dearly.

So fair well, GC. Maybe we will see you again in the future, but if not, you will be missed. And as for the members, I still look forward to talking with you guys on discord.

The best

-Magic713

Last edited by magic713 on 31st August 2019, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime31st August 2019, 6:40 pm

Thank you GC <3  Thank you for always trying to bring all the best for every member. Thank you for all the love, creativity, hard work, and friendship you've brought into the world. Thank you for being a light when things are dark. I'll miss what you were, but I'm excited to see how you grow.

And thank you to every member for sharing in this wonderful experience. I love you all <3 <3 <3 Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime2nd September 2019, 12:51 am

It's hard for me to really summarize my feelings about the Galaxy Cauldron. It has been one of the friendliest communities I know, and has left a fondness in me for the people I have met there. At the same time my heart aches a bit, knowing that I will likely be less active while on Discord - if not already - because I just don't live in the best timezone. It's a strange mix of joy and hurt.

I came by the Galaxy Cauldron at a time when I was dipping my toe back into the internet after a hiatus of five or six years, and actively participating in it for almost a decade. At the time I was deep in developing my fanfiction, and was looking about for more active forums. I forget exactly who directed me here but I think it was Diagnosed. I recall my first few interactions as a bit fraught, getting a warning very quickly for an avatar change. Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 1637294219
But that was a minor blemish to a wonderful time. It did take a while and plenty of interaction, but I soon made friends with many people; Brit-chan, Andalusite, Sportsnutd, cardea, Malour, to name a few. I fell like I can sort of say that about Jupi, Mars and Mercury as well, but maybe that was just politeness. Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 3884866259

I do have a regret though, not being able to really get past the RP barrier. That was a problem I made for myself, and without a good reason. In the heyday I did not do much role playing, and I genuinely wanted to dive straight in a have a go at it. The process and rules were so over my head and daunting I recoiled and mentally run away screaming. Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 1948543417
But I had an opportunity to taste some RP with my friends, it was so much fun that it really got me to get over my absurd fear and create a character with the format. Despite my attempts I was never able to participate fully, and on a more personal note, I'm still profusely guilty at Uranus for being a butt about it. Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum 3541594201

What upsets me the most though is that my time here was short. I have made many friends, but I do feel like I missed a lot of fun as well. I have no plans to leave, but I sincerely hope I can remain in the Discord and still hang out with everyone. I always try to make the time to be there and enter into a discussion, if I think I can contribute, and that's not often. I want to close with a video, one that genuinely changed the way I looked at life and how I live it. It does start out depressing and talks about mortality, but it has a truly fantastic ending that I feel we should all try to achieve, both in real life and with the Discord group.

"Do the things that make you feel good. You get to decide whatever this means for you."

Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Chronos Typhoon
Lotus Crystal

Chronos Typhoon

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime6th September 2019, 12:41 pm

Wow, I have no words. This forum will always hold a special place in my heart. You moonies mean so much to me. Love ya'll forever - Chronos
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/chronostyphoon http://kawaiisailorlifee.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/missaidanatrocity92
Sakuranbo
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime6th September 2019, 1:36 pm

I always love being on here and it's too bad that the forum is going to closed. The Galaxy Cauldron is one of my favorite forums to be on, plus I will always remember the fun times that I have on here and the people I met too.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime9th September 2019, 9:23 am

GC forum... A beautiful story for me. I am here since 1 year and half, but i read the forum since 2016. I just didn't want to come because i am french and my english is very bad. 
But i am very happy because finally i come and all people in GC are very beautiful personnalities. I discover here lots of things about sailor moon and i love to talk with others sailor moon's fan.
On the discord it's more difficult for me because it's too fast and i have different time zone ^^ But i read all. 
Thank you GC for all !!!

Emrys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum   Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Yearbook ~ A Farewell Love Letter to the Galaxy Cauldron Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top