The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? Empty
PostSubject: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime17th October 2018, 8:44 pm

This what-if has been on my mind for a while, and now I'm finally making it public.

If Sailor Moon was produced in the 1980s instead of the 90s, what do you think would change about it? What would stay the same?

Personally, I don't see much changing as far as the plot is concerned, but as far as aesthetics go I can envision things like the Senshi all sporting fukus that are more like Sailor V's. With shoulderpads and perhaps even eyemasks.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime17th October 2018, 8:54 pm

oh, wowsers! Great question again, Spike!

Personally, I am not really sure what would change, I mean heck I was born in 1984 so I don't know if I would have understood what was going on at the moment other then, "I likes the blue one!"

Blue was my color back then...
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime18th October 2018, 1:06 am

For one, I wouldn't have seen it. #90skid.png

But if we're talking realistically plot-wise, I don't feel like much would have changed aside from the animation style, character designs and environmental factors. The computers would look different, different props ect.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime18th October 2018, 10:53 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
For one, I wouldn't have seen it. #90skid.png

But if we're talking realistically plot-wise, I don't feel like much would have changed aside from the animation style, character designs and environmental factors. The computers would look different, different props ect.

Who said it couldn't have still been brought over here in the 90s? Razz I mean, it wasn't until 2001 that the original Dragon Ball (which ran from 1986-1989) was successfully brought over to the states.

Anyway, I'm in agreement with what how you think it'd turn out, but I'd love to see someone draw parts of this AU. 80s Senshi and villain designs! It'd be perfect to do especially considering drawing retro anime styles and fake screenshots has been relatively popular in recent years.

Best case scenario, I could see Marco Albiero taking this on.
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime19th October 2018, 9:16 am

Hum... i think in 80' It was just one girl like other magic girls, so just Sailor moon with cats, and not senshi.
Or, it's possible that they put a team, but with boys. It was fashion in 80'.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime20th October 2018, 8:24 am

Oh yes! Emrys I totally agree it would be just Sailor Moon... Or maybe Sailor V would actually have her day XD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?   What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What if Sailor Moon was made in the 80s?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top