The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

What's an episode you know by heart?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

What's an episode you know by heart? Empty
PostSubject: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime14th October 2018, 6:53 pm

What the title says. Is there an episode of the 90s anime you practically know by heart?

For me it would have to be Episode 141 - Storm of Love! Minako's Grand Two-Timing Plan. I just so happen to be writing up a summary for it on Wikimoon right now in fact and that for sure has assisted in my memory of it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime14th October 2018, 7:15 pm

Hmm...probably Episode 34 "The Shining Silver Crystal: The Moon Princess Appears" and especially it's dub counterpart (episode 30 "A Crystal Clear Destiny"). I've watched both versions so many times, it's ridiculous. xD The next ones are episodes 45 and 46, the season finale. "Death of the Sailor Guardians: The Tragic Final Battle" and "Usagi's Eternal Wish: A Brand New Life" (as well as its dub combo counterpart, ep 40 "Day of Destiny"). Those are probably 3 of my top favorite episodes of the entire series. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime14th October 2018, 8:01 pm

I feel like I *should* know Day of Destiny by heart but I sadly don't quite! I think for me it's the dubbed skating episode of season 1 - "Ice Princess". I ended up rewatching it a ton because I managed to tape it to VHS and was super in love with Makoto's character and figure skating back then. So, it was this perfect storm of things I liked lol. The way Tuxedo Mask works with Sailor Moon despite being evil and his whole rivalry with Malachite Kunzite... Ugh. Just so good.

Yeah, I know that one by heart. It's amazing in a lot of little ways, like how it was one of the first to give a glimpse of what normal life was like in the Moon Kingdom as well~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 8:09 am

I really happen to love episode 15 "Usagi's Panic: Rei's first date". That episode is just so beautiful I can't help but watch all over again XD It's one of my favourite episodes, with the other three being ep 54, 101 and 102(Usagi's anniversary combo)
Back to top Go down
Izuku
Star Seed

Izuku

Star Seed

Title : Shooting for the Stars

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 10:07 am

The final battle with Galaxia is my favorite part of the entire series. It was so enjoyable and just really showed the most intense situation Sailor Moon ever dealt with in my opinion. 

I would have to say episode 197 out of it is the best.
Back to top Go down
An Ordinary Girl
Lotus Crystal

An Ordinary Girl

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Naru

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 10:42 am

The pilot, numero uno.  It is a classic!  And 45-46.

Also, I know most of season one's episodes pretty well, though maybe not by heart.  The one I would rewatch if I had to pick one and only one?  Probably #31.  Or #6.

Can you tell what my favorite season is?

Outside of Classic, 171 is fantastic.  Heck, all of Sailor Moon is fantastic -- well, not the dinosaur episode.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 11:47 am

An Ordinary Girl wrote:
Heck, all of Sailor Moon is fantastic -- well, not the dinosaur episode.

Did you hear the story that it wasn't included in the ADV box set because Naoko was super embarrassed by it? XD Apparently that was a false statement in the end but I kind of wish it were true lol.

I'm trying to think if there's other episodes from later seasons that I know off by heart... I've rewatched a LOT of Super S because for a while that was the nicest DVD set I had and just really liked using it but... It was always kind of a random episode instead of just one or two...

Oh! I think I know the Ami's First Love Special off by heart now, though! It's so cute and light-hearted XD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 2:17 pm

Well, I used to know and recite the old dub episode when Sailor Venus was introduced lol
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 4:37 pm

I know pretty much all of episodes 30 and 31 the dubbed version.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime15th October 2018, 5:15 pm

Did all of us have that VHS tape where it was those two eps or something? Cause that's how I watched mine over and over again. XD

I just love Serena's reaction to Darien being Tuxedo Mask, just monotone "He is Tuxedo Mask I don't believe it."

and "I got a C+ in first aid ya know!"

oh and my favorite Mercury dub line "Go bleach your roots creep!" XD XD
Back to top Go down
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime16th October 2018, 3:29 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Did all of us have that VHS tape where it was those two eps or something? Cause that's how I watched mine over and over again. XD  

I just love Serena's reaction to Darien being Tuxedo Mask, just monotone "He is Tuxedo Mask I don't believe it."

and "I got a C+ in first aid ya know!"

oh and my favorite Mercury dub line "Go bleach your roots creep!" XD XD

I still have all of those tapes in the pink boxes! I still giggle when I watch it subbed and still think Mercury is gonna tell him about his "roots"  What's an episode you know by heart? 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Queen Of Jewels
Star Seed

Queen Of Jewels

Star Seed

Title : Shawn Aino

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime24th February 2019, 7:22 pm

I know episodes 167-172 by heart
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime24th February 2019, 10:02 pm

The episodes of Sailor Moon S I think I know pretty well, but I also know some others, like the date with Seiya and the anime (21?) episode, also having done some rewatching or wiki stuff.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime25th February 2019, 6:19 am

I definitely remember episodes better if I've done wiki-related work on them too!
What's an episode you know by heart? 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Mitsukara
Pyramidal Crystal

Mitsukara

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Heir to the Dork Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime25th February 2019, 9:42 pm

I know Season 1 pretty well, too, although I start getting a little fuzzy on a couple of the Kunzite episodes. I think I remember them all well enough to identify them by number from memory, and to give a pretty accurate synopsis if I really needed to?

But to narrow it down to the most unforgettable ones:

• Episode 23 (Wish Upon A Shooting Star! Naru's Pure Love)
  • Episode 24 (Naru's Cry! Spoiler Spoiilers for Spoiler)
  • Episode 26 (Bring A Smile To Naru's Face! Usagi's Friendship)

Also the final three episodes of season 1 (especially 44 since I like to comb over the backstory details), and the first episode. But really a lot of Season 1 is very familiar to me! Possibly because I've watched some of it like five times at least. Speaking of which...

An Ordinary Girl wrote:
The one I would rewatch if I had to pick one and only one?  Probably #31.
I approve! It's like Gone With the Wind, but with a more handsome Rhett Butler. Also Zoisite is absolutely amazing in this episode, with his "greatest challenge". XD

My memories of other seasons are fuzzier, unfortunately. I remember the big important stuff, but there's a few whole episodes of S I sadly forgot existed for a little while (like the one with Tamasaburou), so I'm definitely due for going over them again sometime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/mitsukara/gallery/68885149/Sailor-Moon-Fanart
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime20th April 2019, 7:37 am

125, I have watched it loads of times over the last 11 years or so, though not so much recently and 124 too, but not so much recently as well. Currently 106 is the one I know best, I think, been watching it a few times lately and I really like it.
Back to top Go down
The Mysterious Traveller
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime16th May 2019, 7:42 am

No question about it for this Scouter. What I'm about to say might strike the rest of you as an odd choice buuuuut...Fight To The Finish anyone?

Given that it's the first time The Negaverse ever goes out of its way to confront our heroines, it feels like a real milestone. They've gone from being looked upon as a pesky annoyance to being recognized as a force to be reckoned with, a threat that must be eradicated if the villains are to succeed in their wickedness.

Watching the trio of Sailor Scouts accept Jadeite's challenge and turn the tables on the evil general, capping their glorious triumph off with a speech which declares that girls kick butt, makes it an episode I'll never forget as long as I remember Sailor Moon. An episode that deserves to be considered a true classic.

Psst! The moment when the jet is bearing down on them and Mercury comes up with a plan on the spot to deal with them was hilarious. ("Everyone run for your liiiiiives!")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's an episode you know by heart?   What's an episode you know by heart? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's an episode you know by heart?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top