The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! Empty
PostSubject: Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!   Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! I_icon_minitime13th September 2018, 10:01 am

Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! Hungar10

Welcome to the World Fair's section on Hungary!

Hungary is located in the European Continent, in-between Austria and Romania. It has Slovakia directly north of it, and Serbia and Croatia directly south. It's flag consists of three horizontal stripes: Red on the top, white in the middle and green on the bottom.

(I had to add the text in red)
Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! Pbt10

Hungary's history is vast, with the earliest documentation of it gaining it's own independence as a nation as far back as 895 A.D., after the fall of the Roman and Carolingian Empires of which it was divided and at constant war with. It rose to power with the introduction of Christianity and the Monarchy in the early 1000s, but fell out of power by the 1500s due to constant warring with the Ottoman and Holy Roman empire and lack of proper heirs to the throne from their late king, King Matthias. It was divided into three parts, and would stay that way until they were unified once again in roughly 1711. There would be a revolution at this time that would cost Hungary leadership to Austrian occupation that would later lead to a civil war that wouldn't end until roughly 1867 with the Austro-Hungarian compromise, leading to a dual monarchy that would build the nation of Hungary back to power by World War I, where the unified Austria-Hungary empire would be able to draft 9 million soldiers to-but would ultimately lead to the unification dissolving by the end of the war in 1918. In between the world wars, Hungary would continue to lose land due to political struggles in regards to the dissolving of the Austrian unification, and would lose roughly 70% of its territory by the end of the 1920's, and would be swayed into joining the Axis powers during WWII in 1941. In 1946, it would become a satellite-state; a nation that is under heavy influence from another country-to the soviet union. It would remain under an appointed Soviet ruler until 1956, and would be an independent nation for the first time in decades, free from communism by 1989.

Today, the population of Hungary is roughly 10 million people across 35,920 square miles or 93,030 kilometers of land. It's capital is the largest city, Budapest, and it's currency is Forint. It is ranked number 57 out of the GDP-which short for Gross Domestic Product, a value of all final goods and services produced per nation. It has two major waterways, the Danube and Tisza rivers that help shape the country's geography and is known to have hot summers with low humidity, but with frequent rain and cold winters.

Wow! That was a lot of info! But what about the culture, you may be thinking? Well, there's so much to Hungarian culture that there's an entire separate thread for that!

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy the rest of the world fair!
Sources:x ,x
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!   Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! I_icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 12:34 pm

My Mom toured Hungary with her choir when she was young and said it was really beautiful. I didn't realize how much strife it had gone through even before the World Wars!

Thanks for all the info, Cosmos!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!   Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! I_icon_minitime8th October 2018, 9:58 am

I live near Hungary and its culture and language influenced a lot the town where I live. Even more than 50% of the town's population are only Hungarian speaking people XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!   Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Isten hozott Magyarországon! Welcome to Hungary!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Event Hall :: Celebration Threads Archives :: World Fair Archive-