The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ Empty
PostSubject: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 11:44 am

The stage has been prepared for the announcement of another RP awards category. The spotlight falls on the microphone at the center of the stage, as the crowd waits impatiently for the commencement. There seems to be some delay? Some murmuring can be heard backstage...

"Not negotiating this."

"But this isn't how this is usually--"

"Nope. Off they go."

Suddenly, the lights on the stage were switched off.

"Good. Much better."

A shadowy figure emerged from backstage and made his way to the microphone. It was hard to make out details besides the general shape of a body.

--

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Stars of the Silver Millenium Character Awards! As you have probably realized, there are several aspects that make an RP entertaining for both participants and readers alike. For one, it definitely needs to have an engaging and intriguing plot behind it. But equally important is the portrayal of the characters within the story. The ability to make us feel for them, root for them, or even love to hate them.

There are those who manage to portray already established (canon) characters with absolute excellence. And there are also those who have the talent to actually create a brand new character from scratch and enrich them with a deep backstory, goals and motivations, strengths and flaws, and simply make us readers keep asking for more. All that starting from literally zero. Impressive, wouldn't you agree?

In this section, we will give a shout-out to those original characters that were loved by readers and managed to stand out from the rest!

The Categories:

Favorite Otaku Senshi

Favorite Original Civilian

Favorite Original Villain

Best Romantic Character Couple / Ship

Best Character Friendship/BFF's

Stay tuned for the upcoming announcements in the next days!

Last edited by Light on 7th August 2018, 11:42 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 12:25 pm

We will start things off with the voted Favorite Original Villain! It is actually much rarer (so far at least) for antagonists to be chosen to be portrayed in a storyline (instead of NPC'd). It's nice to see that there are still several players who take on this challenge!

But who stood out the most? Let's take a moment to remember who was nominated - which is an achievement in the first place by itself!

R0z3g01d (portrayed by Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[Substitutes of Justice]]
- Because she is the sassiest and I love how done she is with all the incompetence in her life.

Steamstress (portrayed by Sportsnutd)
- Sportsnutd is really trying hard to participate in more games, and his use of this villain tends to fulfill an important gap in a Storyline. We have more people who want to be heroes than we have people want to play bad guys. I think he's getting a little bit clearer with direction for her each time she's in a Storyline.

Chenille Quill (portrayed by Sailor Saturn / Verdi)
- Who would ever think of using magical needes? Chenille Quill, that's who.

Peridoto (portrayed by Sailor Mercury / Aurae)
[[Black Rain]]
- A good, solid display of personality and character, goals and ambitions, inner thoughts.

Kyan (portrayed by Andalusite)
[[Sailor Art Online; New Heights]]
- Her powers are super cool and well thought-out.

Each of those villains have shined in their own different way within the roleplay section, but who shone the most? Let's find out without further ado~

The winner of the award for Favorite Original Villain is...

Spoiler:

Congratulations! Please accept this signature award for your achievement! ^^

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ 8pRzEIa
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 12:30 pm

yay congrats YAY!!! Great job Andi and everyone!

and by the way, whoever wrote that stuff for Steamstress..thanks from the bottom of my heart makes me feel good inside.

Last edited by Sportsnutd on 2nd August 2018, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 12:38 pm

Congratulations to the winner and nominees! ♥️ (I appreciate the kind comments for Peridoto.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 1:25 pm

<3 Congrats Andi! This Leek is proud of you!
And to all the nominees!
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime2nd August 2018, 2:17 pm

Congratulations Star!!! XD and thanks for the R0z3g01d nomination! XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime3rd August 2018, 2:10 pm

Moving on with the voted Best Character Friendship! Sometimes, it's not just about interesting characters by themselves. Whether planned from the beginning, or actually evolving during the story by circumstances, some characters just clicked with some others more. Perhaps by chance. Perhaps there was the right chemistry. But most certainly, the writers managed to portray this relationship exquisitely and made it stand out.

Our nominees for this award were...

Star Catcher Team - Kitty, Shaska, Cassandra, Saphira and Leon
(portrayed respectively by Sailor Mercury / Aurae, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Saturn / Verdi, Sailor Neptune / Bubbles and Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[Starcatchers HC Event Series]]
- Maybe not all of them are BFF's yet but I love how much they've each bonded with each other different ways. They're been through so much!

Sailor Aegle and Sailor Alshain (portrayed by Sailor Uranus / Kyra and Anait Zelleire)
[[Conscription HC Event Series]]
- We learned a lot about these two in their various roles in the HC events! They care deeply for each other, but Crysdal was initially too distracted by masculine eyecandy to be part of the great agenda. I hope sshe changes her mind and goes for Chalybs.

Shadow and Sailor Leviathan
(portrayed by Jasper and Sailor CJ)
[[HC Event Series]]
- It was interesting to see their friendship develop throughout the HC Events!
- I liked how they stuck together, even when things didn't look so great around them; they were each other's backup when the faith others had in them was shaken, and they made it through in the end, knowing that, if no one else, the other had their back.

It was nice to watch all of those relationships blossom in the course of their respective RPs! That said, the votes are in, and the award for Best Character Friendship / BFF's goes to...

Spoiler:

Congratulations! Here is your prize signature!

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ KMsb7zU
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime3rd August 2018, 2:31 pm

Congratulations!!!!! :DDDDD
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime4th August 2018, 12:27 pm

Our next award is for the favorite original civilian! In a RP universe dominated by senshi, queens and princesses, an average civilian with little or no ability to use any kind of magic is not the most popular choice to play as. But some break the trend and still do it. And instead of waiting to be saved by knights in shining armor girls in sailor fukus, they tend to do the saving themselves, with or without help.

But which ones captured the interest of readers the most? Our nominees this year were the following!

Cassandra Bailey (portrayed by Sailor Saturn / Verdi)
[[Starcatchers HC Event]]
- I love the way she looks at things in this dreamy/storybook quality. It's so unique.

CARTMAN (NPC - Portrayed by Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[Starcatchers HC Event]]
- ANYONE WHO DOESN'T NOMINATE CARTMAN IS A FOOL AND A COWARD

Angus
(portrayed by Cosmos-Hime)
    [[Our Pets Save the Day]]

Nikos (portrayed by Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[HC Event - Fields of Enyalius; the Warrior Princess and the Miraculous Enyalian]]
- Because he can be brave and collected at one moment and lose all control the next xD Good character for serious and comedic scenes
- Because he was tempted to roll down a set of really long stone stairs rather than answer an embarrassing question.

Congratulations to all of you on the distinction of standing out and being nominated in the first place! But by popular vote, the winner of the Favorite Original Civilian award is...

Spoiler:

Congratulations! Please accept your signature award! ^^

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ OAoNvTM
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime4th August 2018, 2:38 pm

♥️♥️♥️ Thank you for choosing ridiculous-infatuated-flabbergasted Nikos as Favorite NPC everyone!! ♥️♥️♥️ He will wear his award pin with pride.
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime5th August 2018, 2:48 am

Moving on! The next category to present is the people's choice for the Best Romantic Character Couple / Ship! Quite similarly to friendships, it's interesting how these relationships develop! Sometimes it may be planned from the beginning, but quite often too... It just happens. Love at first post, or something. Whether they are more direct and simply go for it, or beat around the bush for a year or two, they become so relatable that the audience constantly cheers them on along the way.

So! I hereby present the couples (or trios?) that were most adored by readers based on nominations!

Sailor Valdis x Sailor Bastet - (portrayed by Sailor Saturn / Verdi and Brit-chan)
[[Concatenation HC Event Series]]
-They were so cute the way they bonded in the face of terrifying life and death situations!

Cassandra x Kitty x Shaska (portrayed by Sailor Saturn / Verdi, Sailor Mercury / Aurae and Sailor Jupiter)
[[Starcatchers HC Event Series]]
- Part of this was planned, and part of it happened naturally! I couldn't be happier to see this agenda continue on!

Sailor Andromeda x Nikos (portrayed by Sailor Neptune / Bubbles and Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[Fields of Enyalius HC Event ; The Warrior Princess and the Miraculous Enyalian]]
- Because I'm reading their RP even though I generally don't care much for romance stories ._.
- They're the ultimate YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO SO JUSSSSSST DOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT but they KEEP GETTING IN THEIR WAY.

Congratulations to all of the respective players for having their characters nominated! The readers have spoken; they want more, so keep at it!

However! The winning couple (or trio?) for the Best Romantic Character Couple / Ship award is...

Spoiler:

Congratulations! Please receive your signature prize!

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ XzIHIOZ
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime5th August 2018, 7:41 am

;u;
TvT Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime5th August 2018, 12:49 pm

And it's time to return to the big guns in order to wrap up this part of the awards ceremony! A good story needs additional characters such us villains and civilians, additional sub-plots including friendships and romance, but there's no story at all without a protagonist, now, is there?

With dozens of approved profiles, the award for people's favorite otaku senshi definitely has the most fierce competition! By the creativity and imagination of our roleplayers, the Galaxy Cauldron has given birth to numerous maidens of Cosmos* with unique background stories, links to mythology, designs, personalities, strengths and flaws, abilities and elemental affinities.

*Kyra had used this in a HC event and I liked it and I'm stealing it thank you very much.

But which such maidens prevailed in the nomination process?

Sailor Valdis (portrayed by Sailor Saturn / Verdi)
[[Concatenation HC Event Series]]
- I just love her development in general and how she was so ready to trust every nice person xD
- I don't think anyone can say that they don't love Haldey, not after all we read about her in the HC Events. She's so sweet and cute, and I loved seeing her determination!

Sailor Bastet (portrayed by Brit-chan)
[[Concatenation HC Event Series; The Galactic Adventures of Space Lord Frieza and the Alien Bastet in Space]]

Sailor Enyalius (portrayed by Sailor Uranus / Kyra)
[[HC Event Series]]
- Good backstory, solid portrayal of character and emotions. Strong but adequately flawed (maybe more than what's good for her, but oh well here's to second chances~)

Congratulations to all three players for having their character nominated out of so many possible choices! In fact, all of them had already been featured as otaku senshi of the month, so they are clearly established fan-favorites!

But the votes are in and the winner has been decided.

The winner of the award for Favorite Otaku Senshi is...

Spoiler:

Congratulations! Please accept this signature as an award for this accomplishment!

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ KnOE9QZ

This concludes the "Characters" category of the Stars of the Silver Millenium awards. Thanks to everyone for participating in the nomination and voting process!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime6th August 2018, 8:56 am

Aww, what great nominees and excellent winners! Congratulations, everyone! ♥️
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 9:47 am

Congratulations!!!

also Light, lmao XDDD YOUR INTRODUCTION
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 12:14 am

Congratulations everyone and thank you for the nominations and votes! And that intro is best  ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ 3884866259
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 1:24 am

Way to go, everyone! I look forward to even more good characters and characterization now! We've got a lot of talent!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 7:32 pm

Awwww I can't believe yall love my lil kitty bby senshi so much. <3 Thank you!! ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ 2869872805

And congrats to all teh nominees and other award winners. I haven't read much about Nikos and Andromeda but omg what I have read I already adore their relationship. <3<3<3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime8th August 2018, 9:11 pm

To all nominees, please take this bumper!

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ OWYo7bn
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime12th August 2018, 10:21 am

Ahhhhh... I can't believe you guys picked Kyan! ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ 2869872805 Thank you soo much! I really need to update her profile. XD

Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees! I wonder if we'll see any of these characters in future RPs! Wink XD
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime15th August 2018, 8:14 pm

YAAAY My nomination of Kyan made it all the way through!! <3 Congrats Andi! And to Brit for best Senshi as Sailor Bastet! Love that design... And to the other winners and nominees as well! Angus not the burger! XD Sorry I don't know much about them but it makes me happy that you guys have had so much fun with these characters together ^_^.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦   ♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

♠♥Character Stars of the Silver Millennium!♣♦

View previous topic View next topic Back to top