The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread Empty
PostSubject: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime2nd March 2012, 7:36 pm

This is the official thread for the first Discussion event! If you weren't able to join us for the livestream, please watch the episodes on your own time and feel free to join in!

So, now its time to talk about what we watched!

What did you like? What didn't you like? Did you find some moments strange? Maybe all that awkward animation moments. Whatever!

So lets start!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime2nd March 2012, 7:41 pm

Episode # 34 - "The Sparkling Ginzuishou! The Moon Princess Appears!
Episode # 35 - "Recalled Memories! Usagi and Mamoru's Past"

Beautiful episodes that pull at your heartstrings... Particularly Zoisite's beautiful death, Usagi's expression when she becomes the princess... when she looks over the Tokyo Harbour... I just love it... The insert song also makes me cry T.T Glaaasss Crystal <3
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime2nd March 2012, 8:37 pm

Those two episodes are for me classics!

It's funny how Usagi looks so scared at anything as normal girl Usagi.

Then when she's in the elevator with Mamo and realises she has no other choice but to reveal her true identity to him if she doesn't want them to completely roast in there as Zoisite attacks them from the roof.

Aww and I also love it so much when Mamoru opens his jacket to get a rose... Usagi's reaction when she realises he's tuxedo mask!

Of course, both moments when Mamoru is finally seeing his princess as he's losing strenght and Zoisite's death make me cry each time...
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 11:41 am

My favorite moment of these episodes is when Rei just smacks Usagi in the face. A bit cruel, yes, but I just love how Rei is like "get a grip" XD I've always appreciated Rei's harsh ways and attitude.... she is my favorite inner after all.

Zoicite's death always = T_____T "I want to die beautifully..."
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 1:16 pm

It makes me question whether Kunzite and Zoisite are in love or just have some sort of sexual or romantic attachment to one another. Because when you think about it, its very very odd for two villains to be capable of love in Sailor Moon unless they attempt to redeem themselves. Perhaps its lust and desire? But again, they do seem awfully romantic with one another =\ It stumps me why their relationship is even present in the anime. Surely this is about "love conquers all" not "some love conquers others"

It may have been a beautiful death but the real question is, did Zoisite deserve it?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 8:31 pm

The scene where the Ginzuishou appears out of Usagi's tear and "Maboroshi no Ginzuishou" plays in the background, which is one of my all time favorite songs, is one of my favorite scenes in the first season. There's just so much emotion in it and the song in the background manages to accentuate the gentleness and bittersweetness in the scene. It's so lovely.

In episode 35 I also love seeing scenery of the Moon Kingdom. It's such a beautiful place! I particularly love it when Earth is present in the background.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 10:15 pm

Well in case any of you don't know or I haven't told you yet, these two episodes are hands down my two favorite and also most watched episodes of the entire Sailor Moon anime. The first VHS of the American Dub that I owned had these two episodes on it. I watched them over and over and over. Watching Usagi mature into the princess is one of the most beautiful scenes. I love both the japanese and english songs used for that scene.

Watching this in Japanese the other night, I realized I had never noticed the awesome music that plays right when Zoisite shoots the fireball down at the elevator Usagi and Mamoru are in is so epic and amazing. (and side note, while writing this, i spent like an hour trying to find the song and haven't found it yet and i fail at this).
Back to top Go down
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

Title : Hierophant Princess

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime4th March 2012, 4:14 pm

I really like these episodes, both for Usagi and Mamoru's relationship growing, Usagi finding out who she really is, and for the villains. I really love the action in these episodes and how all of the character interact, probably some of the strongest episodes from the first season.

Also, Zoicite's girly scream of death gets me every time. I am indeed a terrible person.
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime4th March 2012, 8:12 pm

Sailor Cosmos wrote:

In episode 35 I also love seeing scenery of the Moon Kingdom. It's such a beautiful place! I particularly love it when Earth is present in the background.

OMG Yes!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread   SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SM Discussion Group: Episodes 34 and 35 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top