The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? Empty
PostSubject: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime31st January 2018, 10:41 am

No really. What are they? We know they come from another star system. We know they must've went through some sort of portal to get to Earth (howww???) We know they use some sort of magical energy and we know that they need vessels to be able to live on Earth. But what are they exactly? Inter-dimensional beings? Pseduo-dieties? Do they not have physical bodies from their home world?

I actually don't really have any theories for this so I was curious what others thought!

Then there's the fact that they need to create perfect hosts for them aka Prof. Tomoe's daimon creations. He managed to make the Witches 5 (which leads to, who were those girls before they became death busters?). And why do they need "perfect bodies"? Hotaru is pretty much made into a cyborg in order to become the perfect vessel for Mistress 9 but Mistress 9 still complains about the vessel being weak and needing to be free. If they just turn into monsters anyway, why do they need human bodies?

I KNOW IT'S SO MANY QUESTIONS but thats why I'm here. What do you all think? For once, I don't have much head canons for the Deathbusters cause there is honestly so little information beyond what we got in the manga and I know there are way more creative people than me on this forum. XD
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime1st February 2018, 10:20 am

I have made a connection that the Daimons need hosts in order to exist. Daimon is also another name for demon, and if you think of the kinds of demons, like in The Exorcist, they need to possess humans as well to interact in the world. I could also compare Daimons to parasites as well. Until they can completely corrupt their host, they need them until the corruption is complete and they emerge as monsters.

But whatever Daimons are, Pharaoh 90 is the ultimate Daimon, but instead of a single host, he possesses or infects a planet. And we see what happens to humans eventually when the Daimon over powers them, so you can only imagine that the planet would suffer a similar corruption as well.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime1st February 2018, 11:01 am

Even so, does that mean they infected their home system so bad they had to move? Did they have to take over their "home system" initially? Were they physical beings there? By saying they are demons, that's putting them on another plane of existence, one akin to stuff such as angels, fairies, spirits, etc.

Kinda wish we knew more about why they had to come to Earth in the first place asides from being attracted to the power of the silver crystal.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime1st February 2018, 11:15 am

Pharaoh 90 did call their home system a graveyard, so maybe they couldn't survive there anymore and searched for a more fruitful planet. Also, when I mentioned demons, that was more of an analogy towards the name, where I'd prefer to call them parasites. Interstellar/interdimensional parasites.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime28th February 2018, 1:32 pm

:0 I never got into this thread! THIS MUST BE RECTIFIED!

Brit-chan wrote:
And why do they need "perfect bodies"? Hotaru is pretty much made into a cyborg in order to become the perfect vessel for Mistress 9 but Mistress 9 still complains about the vessel being weak and needing to be free. If they just turn into monsters anyway, why do they need human bodies?
I got the impression that either because of the travel to Earth or just the difference between their home world conditions and Earth's, their original forms were too weak and needed vessels to survive at all - sort of like a meat space suit XD. This is pretty much headcanon for the details, but I assumed that in order to come forth in full strength after that, they also used said vessels to grow/adapt to Earth's conditions. Having a "perfect" host then would mean one that would give them the best physical immunity to Earth... Except Pharaoh 90 apparently? Maybe he was so powerful, he could transport himself and kind of just hang out on Earth without protection...? Or was he actually between worlds the whole time, in the time/space rift they created to get to Earth? I sort of tacitly assumed the later but now I don't know...

Sorry... making even more questions here XD.

Brit-chan wrote:
Were they physical beings there? By saying they are demons, that's putting them on another plane of existence...
It seems to me that with Germatoid and Mistress 9 being dormant in human bodies and them being not only from another system but also another "dimension", that they could be a combination of physical and non-physical beings. I mean, technically humans are too if you believe in the soul but the Death Busters seem to be much more expansive on both ends if that makes any sense ^^;;;. Like, for Pharaoh 90 to simply physically infiltrate the Earth and still expect it to stay somewhat intact... it sort of seems unlikely if you're just working with normal every day physics? Feels like there's something very incorporeal going on as well. But I mean it's hard to know, considering we've never encountered a force that has attempted it XD.

magic713 wrote:
Pharaoh 90 did call their home system a graveyard, so maybe they couldn't survive there anymore [...] I'd prefer to call them parasites. Interstellar/interdimensional parasites.

I sort of got the sense that their home system was something they revered/respected though, so I'm not sure that "parasites" is *quite* accurate? Though the way that Pharaoh 90 infects Earth would suggest that they certainly have that sort of capacity... Just not certain that's what their main mode of existence would have been in the Tau System... Then again, they needed an *entire system* and not just a planet to themselves, so "parasites" is probably right after all.

Also, they were still drawing power through the Taioron Crystal while on Earth, which I always assumed was directly connected to their home world somehow... So perhaps there would have still been something about the Tau System that they were at least initially intending to go back to or save or something...?

Gosh, even though we *just* read those volumes now I gotta go back and look again OTL. It's so easy to forget when they only get like a handful of little panels explaining their backstory and a looooot of missing detail!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime1st March 2018, 4:49 pm

We could grab a bit from Myu canon here to expand on some stuff. In Mugen Gakuen, we are introduced to characters that are from a planet called, Grimm, who are on Earth because the Deathbusters had destroyed their planet. Now it's been quite some time since I've watched this musical, so a lot of details are fuzzy, but I don't think they really described just how the Deathbusters destroyed their homeworld so perhaps, the parasite theory could work in this case? The Deathbusters went to Grimm looking for a planet that would suit their needs, much like how they arrived at Earth.

Hmm maybe we should've watched that musical as a compliment to the Deathbusters arc. XD
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime1st March 2018, 9:31 pm

That's actually one of the few old Myu that I've watched! It was years ago now (!) so I don't remember if they gave detail on how the takeover happened either.

Lol! Will have to try to think ahead next time about reading and streaming pairs~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?   Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deathbusters: Who/What are they and why do they need people as hosts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top