The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Senshi: Sailor Mintaka

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

Senshi: Sailor Mintaka Empty
PostSubject: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime25th February 2012, 1:55 pm

Old profile

Spoiler:

General Information
Name: Zarya Anderson

Birthday: May 2nd, 1991
Birthplace: Anchorage, Alaska, USA

Physical Description (include clothing generally worn):
Zarya has dark brown pin straight hair which falls a little below her shoulders. Her hair also has a teal streak incorporated in the middle of the left side. She has high cheek bones and her eyes are emerald green with thin lips. Zarya has pierced ears along with a piercing in her left cartilage. She is tall and skinny, and often made fun of for how scrawny she appears, but don't let her slender model appearance foll you, she is quick and agile and can pack a powerful punch when defense is needed.

Zarya normally wears yoga pants or jean shorts with a tiny strapped tank top and a zip up hoodie when the weather calls for it. One of her other styles, for party set environments, are tight jeans accompanied with her almost knee high leather boots and body tight top. As for jewelry, she only wears a necklace that has dried amber in it dating back to the prehistoric times.

Personality:
Zarya is the type who will go out of her way to do almost anything for anyone as long as it is for the better. She often volunteers at local charities & helps out with non-profit organizations, such as the local animal shelter. On top of this she helps out by not only by doing volunteer work, but Zarya uses her share of the family fortune to buy & donate items to not so fortunate families & for the poor. In fact, Zarya tends to feel extremely guilty when she has to miss one of her volunteering events to do school work around finals and school exams.

When it comes to relationships, Zarya isn't really looking for her soul mate at the moment. She feels that a relationship will eat up her free time, which is often used for any other volunteer work that might suddenly be needed or fighting bad guys in her super secret Senshi form. As for friends, Zarya normally sticks to herself and the other volunteers she often works with. This is because of her past history at her old school. She doesn't want a reputation like she used to have and has come to learn that many of the people around her aren't even worth her attention anyway since most of them just like to party and pick on people of less fortune than themselves.

Any Unique Abilities/Skills: (added hobbies to this)
Enjoys collecting rocks & fossils. Zarya's most fond fossils are the few dinosaur ones (foot prints, a tiny bone, etc) while on a family excavation vacation with her family.  Zarya is also a very talented musician. Her instrumental abilities allow her to learn how to play instruments very quickly.

History//bio

During her high school years, Zarya didn't possess the friendly & caring personality that she does today. She used to be one of the "mean girls". Everyday her and her click would laugh at those who couldn't afford brand name clothes or makeups. To her, people who didn't have money/popularity were nothing in her eyes.

Along with being one of the most hated girls in school, you would be surprised to learn that she was involved in marching band. Due to her families fortune, she grew up learning how to play multiple instruments, and played whichever instrument was needed at the specific time. The people in marching band with her saw something in which she didn't. While in band classes etc, Zarya acted different than when she was in her other "popular girl" setting. Instead of acting like her "fake" self, she let her real true self shine through in this setting and she never picked on anyone etc, but as soon as one of her friends appeared a switch would go off and she would be the chibi again.

One day while walking home from school with her friends, a little boys scream could be heard. Curious, Zarya and her group ran to the source where they found something they have never would have imagined. The little boy was held at gun point by a crook in the back of an ally way. Again the boy cried out after the criminal yelled something at him and proceeded to reach out his hand to aim the gun at the boy as if ready to shoot this time.

After this sight, Zarya's group began to run due to fear but without thinking Zarya ran to the boy instead and made it just in time as the gun went off. As the gun cried bang, Zarya let out a scream of her own and suddenly was over come by a warm sensation. She thought she was dead, but when she opened her eyes the bullet was frozen in front of her and she watched as it fell to the ground. The criminal was shocked as to what just happened since Zarya wasn't Zarya anymore, but Zarya didn't know this. Along with her new Senshi form, a teal streak appeared in Zarya's hair which remains to this day. Desperate to save the boy, Zarya picked up the child and ran away from the villain, who was still in shock. Zarya was only able to just now unlock her powers since she finally realized in that moment of heroism her true self a person who cares for others and who will do anything to protect them & that everything she was doing to others was wrong. Now Zarya believes that she only acted the way she did since she was raised in that kind of crowd by her parents growing up.This also explains why she acted different when she was away from the other popular kids. But this is the only time Zarya was able to transform within that year, since she didn't know how, or why she did in the first place.

After high school Zarya moved far away, along with her sisters who stuck by her side, in order to leave her past and to create a new future and life for herself. It was in this new town where a guardian (unsure which one) found and told Zarya about her past. Zarya felt blessed and promised that she would fulfill the mission and use her powers to protect the innocent from everything bad (including random youma that appear and bullies)

Senshi Information (delete this section if not applicable)

Senshi Name: Sailor Mintaka
Senshi Fuku:
Senshi: Sailor Mintaka Beltv211
(Middle Image)
Tiara: Bronze with a star

Choker: powder blue with a white star

Collar: powder blue with a white sailor stripe

Brooch & Front Bow: the bow is white and the brooch area is powder blue

Bodice: white

Skirt & Back Bow: the skirt is powder blue white a white stripe on the bottom & the back bow is a grayish white

Gloves: wrist length & white

Shoes: knee high boots which point to her knees with a powder blue stripe on the bottom

Accessories: A claw which appears. Her transformation item is a fossilized piece of round amber with the star belt on it and her star highlighted in a brighter orange. This item hangs on her neck as a necklace. After transforming, it appears on her wrist, the same as the claw when it appears.

Henshin/Transformation:  
To become Sailor Mintaka, Zarya grasps the prehistoric amber necklace that she wears and chants mysterious words unknown to her. Although the words are unknown, from a long forgotten language, they fall natural from her tongue. Once the chant is complete a warm energy fills her body and she becomes Sailor Mintaka.

Powers:

Realm of influence: Dinosaurs

- Defending Grawr: Means protecting roar (substituted the meaning with synonyms). This is the attack which was used when Zarya yelled & caused the bullet to stop. This attack allows an incoming attack to be reduced or stopped depending on the strength of the opposing attack.

- Power Claw: When Zarya uses this attack, a claw appears on her hand and when it comes into contact with the target, it deals massive damage. This is her most powerful attack. When used it causes energy loss for Zaraya. If not careful, would be both fatal to the target & Zaraya

- I might add another attack in the future once this RP begins.

Weapons or Magical Items:
A claw which appears on Zarya's right hand which is used in her most powerful attack. Something like this:
Senshi: Sailor Mintaka 78dd3137ad40f828b8b72be8241063df1232422589_full

Symbol:
Senshi: Sailor Mintaka XRXK1

RP Sample

"The weather was hot and Zarya was being nagged by her younger twin sisters. They wanted her to drive them to the local pool, but Zarya had other things to do. Of course, these other things involved giving away her time to help others. It was Ren's birthday at the homeless shelter tonight and Zarya had picked up the responsibility for throwing her a party.  In fact, every birthday was her responsibility. She had memorized all 16 of the sheltered birthdays. Each one was carefully planned out and themed based on what he or she liked. Ren was an older woman and growing up she used to have a doll collection. Zarya had used her own money, since her family had an unlimited source, and bought Ren a doll shaped cake along with some rather expensive collectible figurines."

Last edited by Sailor Saturn on 2nd July 2012, 3:27 pm; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime3rd March 2012, 10:11 pm

Oh btw, the twins names are Aurora (Alnitak) and Dawn (Alnilam). Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime12th March 2012, 4:58 pm

I like what you have so far, but I might have some suggestions for the biography part:
Sailor Saturn wrote:
During her high school years, she wasn't a very friendly person. Since her family has money, she used to use it to her advantage. She used to only speak to "her kind" and would chuckle at those less fortunate than her. After her discovery of being a Senshi, her view of things changed. She now sees everyone as equal, and throughout her entire college career, has been trying to make up for her bad actions in high school. In order to mark this change within her, she added a blue streak to her hair in order to remind herself of the change. Because she doesn't need to work for money, she often is found volunteering at events which help out the less able and makes monthly donations to charities with her allowance, since she does get a lot every month from her parents.

I like that she changed and that the blue streak in her hair serves as a reminder - that's pretty cool - but I was wondering if we could think of another catalyst to that change, as she won't be becoming a senshi until she's already in college; maybe the death of a student she had personally bullied? Whether by suicide or by freak accident, having the weight of having been unpleasant towards someone who has died would probably break a snob of their snobbery, realizing that people are people no matter how wealthy. Perhaps the person who died died with one of her own personal friends, someone who had been afraid to come out to the group about their secret relationship knowing that they would be teased and not feeling strong enough to stand up to the group. ((I.E.:

Julie is rich and popular; Jack is poor and unpopular. Jack is picked on by Mintaka's group for dressing poorly; Julie saw past that to the wonderful person he was underneath and was secretly dating him, knowing she could never stand up to her friends and make the relationship high school public knowledge. One night while on a date, Julie and Jack get in a car accident and die. The school is shaken, and when Julie's younger sibling comes forward to publicly announce why Julie was out with Jack, blaming the popular crowd for her sister's death, Mintaka is horrified and ashamed by her role in the tragic love story; if Julie had been able to come to her freely, Julie and Jack would have been at the movies with the popular gang instead of getting in that car crash and dying. What Mintaka takes out of this is that you should never judge a person for their economic status and accept everyone for who they are on the inside, like Julie did. She swore to start helping out around the community in her own way of making amends for the wrongs she had committed for being an 'immature brat'.

This is why she decided to move far away to go to college - not only did the college in Elysian Fields have the program of her choice, but it was also away from where she knew Julie, and while she was starting to lay that terrible burden to rest, she felt it would be better for her to move on with her life and let ghosts lie. As soon as she moved to the college community she started taking up work at charity organizations, constantly volunteering to make the lives of those less fortunate more fortunate as she worked towards her career goal of being a __{Social worker? Guidance counselor (so that what happened might not repeat itself)? some other sort of noble thing, or an archaeologist or something to tie into her love of rocks and fossils}__.

While her parents fund her every whim, she does not take as much from them as she had before, her learned humility quashing her more lavish of dreams; she accepts from them only what she needs to survive plus a modest allowance, maybe just a touch more ever since her twin younger sisters moved in, as she still likes to occasionally surprise them with small treats.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 10:32 am

I was actually thinking around the lines of having her walk home one day and see a monster (or maybe thugs) & run in to help the kid. When she heroically runs in front of the boy she gives a speech about how you shouldn't pick on people blah blah stuff blah blah.

Maybe one day when she was walking home her and her group heard the scream of a young boy. blah blah blah blah blah end part: Mintaka decided to run in and try to help the boy, speech time, transforms because she realizes what she saying is true and begins crying maybe for realizing that she was no different than the thugs.

Also, I would prefer if she went to college in the same town where the story is taking place since her sisters are also there.

For the costumes, can we/are we basing theirs off of the early photos that people made in the forum?

Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 4:33 pm

I would say yes (cause I kinda like thems). I can link you the photo if you want to make one of just Mintaka by herself and maybe adjust things like hair style and what not.

Or i could draw them. I've been meaning to do that. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 5:01 pm

^^ its the same place -- her college town and the town the story takes place in. I hadn't heard any suggestions other than Elysian Fields so I went ahead and threw that in.

And you mean you want her to awaken first, years before anyone else? Or she rescues the boy from the monster at college?
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 6:10 pm

Not what i am saying.

I am saying, younger sisters, how are they at the town? Are they in highschool or do they go to the same college? You said "why i went far away to college" if i went far away, how would i interact with my sisters?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 6:32 pm

Oh! Sorry; Small Lady suggested in the idea thread that Mintaka moved from Alaska to Elysian Fields to get away from her parents; the twins followed because their parents are too busy for them (or something along those lines; it might've been to assert their independence like their older sister) and moved in with Mintaka. They go to high school in Elysian Fields, Mintaka goes to college there.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 7:18 pm

Ok, and our folks pay our bills with our moola. Muahahahaha.... Ok haha. Illl add to this once i get on a computer. Huggles for everyone!
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime17th March 2012, 11:43 am

I thought of something, since Zarya likes to collect fossils, perhaps she is very fond of her dinosaur fossil collection that she found while on a trip with her family to.... look for fossils? Maybe her power source could be related to those fossils?

One of her attacks could be a "Rawring" something & another could be maybe some sort of weapon that appears which mimics the strength of some sort of dinosaur? (This would be her most powerful, when needed, attack)

Also, I added my symbol & a lot to my bio
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime18th March 2012, 4:27 pm

XD her attacks are really unique! I love that her weapon is a claw! That's so cool!

But I'm still not sure about her awakening while still in high school in Alaska when all the other girls awaken in Elysian Fields somewhere in the continuous US -- a bird or a stray cat would be hard pressed to make the trip there and back and survive, unless the family adopted one of them and Z took the 'pet' with her to college. ... which could be doable - crows are found all over the Alaskan tundra, and I imagine stray cats wouldn't be too out of place in a city no matter where you were.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime18th March 2012, 6:32 pm

Well, I was thinking that maybe that was the only time she changed, and after she moved one of the guardians found her and explained to her what happened & how to change (since her first transformation was just her unlocking the power, but she still didn't know HOW to do it).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime18th March 2012, 7:18 pm

Ooh! gotcha!
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime18th March 2012, 7:27 pm

^_^

I'll make it more clear as I edit it up.

I was thinking of a dinosaur related attack, from her fossils, and thought hmm.... claws! The claw photo is from My Hime, which is one of my favorite animes. Only 20 some episodes, I love it.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime25th March 2012, 10:42 am

Besides for the last name field, and which guardian awakens me, I think this is ready for review now. I can go back and fill those two things in after, since the profile itself is complete.

I lied. I want at least one more attack.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 12:02 pm

Attack Suggestion:

"Talon Reaver" - Offensive
Makes use of the claw attachment and focuses on the dinosaur realm of influence. The Talon Reaver would be a focus of raw attack power that forms energy around each claw, before releasing it with a slinging motion and forming flying blades.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 12:37 pm

DUDE! LIKE INU YASHA'S IRON REAVER SOUL STEALER!! <3 <3 <3
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 12:39 pm

XD, it does?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 1:22 pm

well, maybe more like "Flying blades of Blood"

Incredibly badass.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime20th May 2012, 4:57 pm

Feel free to change this to the new universal character profile. The change may or may not help you out.

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t1280-character-profile-submissions-information
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime2nd July 2012, 3:17 pm

Ready for review.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime8th July 2012, 1:31 pm

Apologies about the wait, Yumi-chan! This is certainly a well thought-out profile. It should be quite interesting to see it in action, too. :3

APPROVED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senshi: Sailor Mintaka   Senshi: Sailor Mintaka I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senshi: Sailor Mintaka

View previous topic View next topic Back to top