The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

[Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime26th September 2017, 4:18 am

Hello yes I am back from the deadlands of inactivity  [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper 2632955583

SO I zombiefied myself in order to get some critiques and comments on my latest creation. I've become pretty confident with my graphic making abilities and I usually like what I make but I can't help be greedy for any advice others can give me that will boost me to the next level Twisted Evil   iwanttobetheverybest

So seriously my peeps, lay it on me. Don't hold back, I WANT you guys to nick pick this into oblivion. I can handle it. I HAVE THE POWER  [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper 3150097195

Also beware, this thing is a monster. I've started working with very large formats so I can sell them if I want to but because of it's size I'm not sure if it'll stretch the forum when you open the spoiler Razz

#ag #agcritique

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime26th September 2017, 10:50 am

Hmm I don't want to start off with the critiques right away and it might be my taste, but I'm not really liking this one in comparison to some previous works of yours. Also, I'm going to keep in mind different brightnesses and stuff on differnet monitors can affect things so that could be an issue here.

I think the top is a bit too blinding and the place where my eyes are drawn too isn't really all that interesting to me. I'm a fan if silouette figures but in this case I think it's too much of the same color. I'm not sure if you were going for a monotone look (cause if so just ignore me) but I feel that either making the figure much darker but staying in the same palette range or doing a completely opposite color that would make it stand out much more.

ALso the space just feels a bit uneven to me. Not that you should have everything in the center but something feels off balance.  Though, having looked at it longer, i am enjoying the negative space you've sort of created with the back of the head and neckline where the text meets up.

Also is the person supposed to be recognizable or is it anonymous? either way works, I was just wondering what your intent was with that.

Last thing is the quote being use, I like how its following that sort of negative space/outlie you made but I'm not 100% certain if I like it there?? Im not really sure how to explain myself with this one or give a suggestion since text is one of my weak areas in graphics anyway. Maybe someone else may have a suggest or different opinion?

Annnnd I can't think of anything specific off the top of my head at the moment. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime26th September 2017, 11:13 am

Wow! :O I really like the concept you have established for this wallpaper so far!

Brit-chan wrote:
I think the top is a bit too blinding and the place where my eyes are drawn too isn't really all that interesting to me.
I agree with Brit's statement. When I first opened my thread my eyes were immediately drawn to the upper right corner of the image where all of the white is. However, I personally do not think that it's too bright (at least not on my monitor xD), but I do think that cropping off some of that white from the top would help readjust the viewer's focus more toward the really awesome stuff you did with the silhouette/words/clock.

Spoiler:

The yellow highlighted part is what I would personally remove or do something to. I know it needs to be a specific dimension since you specified that it would be a wallpaper, so maybe even doing something simple to the topmost white part--like adding in a band of color--would help "frame" the piece so that the viewer's eyes are drawn elsewhere? Edit: Actually, maybe adding some yellow up there might help? I noticed after highlighting the white part that my eyes wanted to go to your flowers around the head instead of the right top of the image. Maybe you could do a band of color complimenting the hue in a part of the background near where you want the eyes to look first?

I hope this helps! Please post the final version once you have it figured out! I'd love to see it again! [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper 1955989781
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime26th September 2017, 7:40 pm

@Brit-chan - I think the blinding-ness of the top might be at least partly chalked up to screen differences because for me it's a very light grey/pink up there and not just white. I looked at it on my phone as well and the color seemed the same as on my computer just a shade or two darker. 

With that in mind I can totally see what you mean about it drawing the eyes away from the main part near the bottom so I combined your advice with @Andalusite's and moved things down so I could crop out the brightest part at the top. 

The silhouette is supposed to be anonymous, I just took a male model photo that fit my needs and made it all one color. I do have a texture overlaying the whole thing so that it's not just all one stark color, so I darkened the subject in order to better see the pattern. 

Here's the revised version! Take a look and let me know if the changes help at all Smile 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime30th September 2017, 12:09 am

Bump  [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper 1434556979
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper   [Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Critique Wanted] Large Format Wallpaper

View previous topic View next topic Back to top