The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Info] School System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

[Info] School System Empty
PostSubject: [Info] School System   [Info] School System I_icon_minitime31st August 2017, 10:25 am

[Info] School System 10Bp4Cl

[Info] School System Ro

[Info] School System GHurtg3

Primary (școala primară)

• lasts for 4 years (starting when you're 6 or 7 years old);
  • we do not get grades during these years but marks which have the following meaning: FB=10 (maximum), B=8 (good), S=6 (enough to pass), I=4 (unsatisfactory/ lowest mark)
  • one teacher ("învățător") rules/ takes care of the the whole class. With him/ her we have almost all the classes with some exceptions (like foreign languages);
  • at the end of the 4th year you have to take an exam to pass to the next school level.

[Info] School System Tumblr_natuxf1sv01snc5kxo1_1280

Middle (gimnaziu + lower cycle of high school)

• lasts for 6 (4 for gimnaziu and 2 for the lower cycle of high school) years (starting when you're around 10 or 11 years old);
  • we start getting grades starting from 2 to 10 (maximum). 1 is the lowest and you get it for copying. Teachers in gimnaziu don't usually use 1 and 2 that much though. However when we get to high school this changes. Razz 
  • we have teachers for each class who explain and tell us what to write in our notebooks;
  • at the end of the gimnaziu you have to take an exam (Evaluarea Națională - maths & romanian). The grade you get will help you choose and get the profile you want when starting high school. This means that if you get a higher grade in these exams you'll have a better chance at being accepted at a specific profile. This depends on many things though (how wanted is that profile, how many of them your high school has etc.)
  • when you start the lower cycle of high school you get to choose a profile and the number of classes you'll have will be based on it (for example, my profile was philology which is related to foreign languages so I've been having extra hours of french, english & romanian. Also I stopped studying maths, biology, chemistry and such after finishing the lower cycle of high school).

[Info] School System B_o_o_k_by_piksiebunny-d4o7p1m [Info] School System Ro

Secondary (upper cycle of high school)

• lasts for 2 years (starting when you're around 16);
  • it is optional however most if not almost all of the students do it;
  • the 11th and 12th grade classes are exclusively based on the profile you chosen at the beginning of high school. That's why it's important what you choose when you first enter it which is in the 9th grade;
  • beside the classes it is not much different from the lower cycle of high school;
  • at the end of the 12th grade you take another exam (BAC-ul or Bacalaureatul) which is the main reason most people continue their studies after they finish the lower cycle of high school). The grades you get at this exam are very important if you plan on going to University.

[Info] School System 481580lys5o6fr6c

Tertiary (University)

• lasts from 3 to more than 5 years depending on your choices;
  • if during primary, middle and secondary stages you get teachers to tell you what to write and you had an exact schedule (6 hours per day) those two things change completely during university: YOU get to note what YOU consider is important and classes (courses) usually last 2 hours and can be hold at different times of the day (unlike the other school stages when you usually learn in the morning from 8 am to 2 pm).

[Info] School System Pbucket
[Info] School System Ro

[Info] School System GHurtg3
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Info] School System   [Info] School System I_icon_minitime18th September 2017, 11:17 am

Wow neat that they split the high school years this way! We have something like specialization in grades 11-12 in Ontario (Canada) as well but it's not as formal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Arkas

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

PostSubject: Re: [Info] School System   [Info] School System I_icon_minitime18th September 2017, 5:23 pm

I love the idea of starting a specialization in high school! Where I live, we have to do a lot of general education work until we finish college - I had to take math and science courses even though my degree is in English Literature, and we don't have to choose any kind profile at all until we select a major, which you normally do somewhere in your first year of college.

Thank you for all the information, I love learning about how other school systems work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Info] School System   [Info] School System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Info] School System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top