The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Rayquaza
Star Seed

Sailor Rayquaza

Star Seed

Title : Astrology Queen

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 1:50 pm

Hi! Since I'm new here, I thought it'd be best to introduce myself. I'm Sailor Rayquaza.

I actually got into Sailor Moon a few years ago by browsing Youtube and watching video called "Sailor Moon- All Transformations". This was around the time I was hunting for new stuff to watch after I finished Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 and the animation caught my eye, so i thought, 'hey, why not give this series a go?' Ever since, I've been hooked. 

Since my younger self didn't know any better, I watched the Dic/Cloverway dubs of the 90's anime instead of the Japanese version, but after a while I realized (from reading comments on the videos and my own research) that their were a lot of differences between the dub and original but I still kept watching the dub because of lack of headphones and my parents (it wasn't that they opposed me watching it, they just sort of had this thing where if I watched stuff in another language I'd have to turn the volume down since I could just read the subs but I always liked listening to the voices  Hello Everyone! 1549413412 ). 

Once I finished the dub I got into the manga, which still remains my favorite version of the series till this day. I absolutely adore Naoko Takeuchi's artwork, it's breathtaking and it's what got me into art myself. I drew tons of fanart of myself and my friends as Sailor Senshi   Embarassed back in the day. I also got into writing too because of it and tried writing some fanfiction (but I'm lazy and never finish anything). I also watched PGSM and Crystal too but I have mixed feelings about them so we won't bring them up here  Razz

As for nowadays, I'm still into anime and manga. Sailor Moon was my doorway into the shoujo genre so I mostly watch those stuff (mixed in with horror too Razz ). I also still draw and and (try to) write.

Last edited by Sailor Rayquaza on 29th July 2017, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Dreaming
Lotus Crystal

Moonlight Dreaming

Lotus Crystal

Title : ----tv static----

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 1:58 pm

Welcome to GC!
Back to top Go down
RutleJake
Lotus Crystal

RutleJake

Lotus Crystal

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 3:06 pm

Hi, there! Welcome to GC! I'm RutleJake (Or Jacob if you prefer)
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Back to top Go down
http://jacobchu.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0LJZN3ouyvCZFAG_FxwEw
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 4:33 pm

Hi and Welcome to GC!
Back to top Go down
LaMoonstar
Lotus Crystal

LaMoonstar

Lotus Crystal

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 6:49 pm

Welcome to Galaxy Cauldron!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4632488/1/In-the-Shadow-of-Starligh http://kindnessiseternal.tumblr.com/ http://lamoonstar.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC37YaBDyUey7tN9vhPHaU1w?
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 7:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums! Hello Everyone! 2503753863

I hope you enjoy your stay! Since you mentioned drawing, I figured I should link you to the Artists, Graphics, and Cosplayers Guild. Very Happy http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/f99-artists-graphics-cosplayers-guild
Back to top Go down
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Arkas

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 7:15 pm

Hello and welcome to GC!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Rayquaza
Star Seed

Sailor Rayquaza

Star Seed

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 7:37 pm

Whoa, Thank You all so much for welcoming me! I can already tell it's a super tight-nit community here and I'm immensely happy to join! I can't wait to join discussions and chat with everyone here.
I'm actually not very skilled with digital art or graphics Hello Everyone! 1948543417 
I'm more used to traditional art and still practicing with digital stuff and editing.
But! Regardless of that, I'll still look into it as it could give me chances to improve and get used to different forms of art. Thankies~
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 7:59 pm

Sailor Rayquaza wrote:
I'm actually not very skilled with digital art or graphics Hello Everyone! 1948543417 
I'm more used to traditional art and still practicing with digital stuff and editing.
But! Regardless of that, I'll still look into it as it could give me chances to improve and get used to different forms of art. Thankies~
That's not a problem at all! As we speak, I'm working on some traditional doodles! Smile Haha! If I'm remembering correctly, there are some other people who listed "traditional art" in their guild member information posts. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Rayquaza
Star Seed

Sailor Rayquaza

Star Seed

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 8:40 pm

Andalusite wrote:
That's not a problem at all! As we speak, I'm working on some traditional doodles! Smile Haha! If I'm remembering correctly, there are some other people who listed "traditional art" in their guild member information posts. Smile

Ah, it's so good to know that I'm not alone in that department. I'm only now getting into collage making and those cool aesthetic posts you see on tumblr-but that's more of photo editing   Cheers.
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime29th July 2017, 8:55 pm

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 1:06 am

G'day and welcome to GC. I wouldn't worry about the dubs, really that's how I got into Sailor Moon. Crystal makes me want to pick up the manga wherever I can find it.
Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Sailor Rayquaza
Star Seed

Sailor Rayquaza

Star Seed

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 1:05 pm

chrissifniotis wrote:
 I wouldn't worry about the dubs, really that's how I got into Sailor Moon. 

Ah, I totally get what you mean! It's just thinking of that 'what if' scenerio of I had been introduced to the Japanese version first rather than the dub.

I understand that a lot of people got into Sailor Moon through watching the dub on T.V. and while I was unfortunate to not be around during that time, I still kinda think it builds a connection between those that watched it during that time and me (mainly because I know what they're talking about Razz ) so I definitely don't regret watching it! 

Hello Everyone! 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 2:02 pm

welcome to GC!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 2:15 pm

Welcome to the forums! I can't help but notice your avatar-you like Tokyo Babylon too? Have you read any of CLAMPs other works? Also, I second what everyone's said about the dic/cloverway dub-no shame in saying that's the version you got into/introduced first-a lot of people got into sailor moon that way.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Rayquaza
Star Seed

Sailor Rayquaza

Star Seed

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 3:54 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Welcome to the forums! I can't help but notice your avatar-you like Tokyo Babylon too? Have you read any of CLAMPs other works? 

Yes! I love Tokyo Babylon Hello Everyone! 1955989781 It's one of my favorites but I haven't seen a lot of people talk about it so I'm super happy to see someone else recognize it!! I absolutely adore Subaru Hello Everyone! 1434556979   
Hello Everyone! 2422052349

I've also read X and Cardcaptor Sakura and watched anime versions of Chobits and Kobato. I've only gotten into CLAMPS works about a year ago (except Chobits, I watched that years ago) and plan on reading RG Veda next.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime30th July 2017, 7:48 pm

Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron, Sailor Rayquaza! I hope you enjoy yourself and can't wait to see you in the discussion threads~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime2nd August 2017, 11:53 pm

Sailor Rayquaza wrote:

Ah, I totally get what you mean! It's just thinking of that 'what if' scenerio of I had been introduced to the Japanese version first rather than the dub.

I understand that a lot of people got into Sailor Moon through watching the dub on T.V. and while I was unfortunate to not be around during that time, I still kinda think it builds a connection between those that watched it during that time and me (mainly because I know what they're talking about Razz ) so I definitely don't regret watching it! 

Hello Everyone! 3884866259
Awwwww. Hello Everyone! 1955989781 I accept you. Hello Everyone! 846261370
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime3rd August 2017, 4:41 am

Hello, there!

Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron Forums! :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Everyone! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Everyone!   Hello Everyone! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Everyone!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Introductions-