The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Favorite Sailor Moon Villain?
Queen Beryl
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Shitennou
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 8 ]
Ail and An
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Black Lady
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Ayakashi Sisters
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Esmeraude
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap2%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Prince Demande
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mistress 9
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap12%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 8 ]
Witches 5 + Tomoe
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Amazon Trio
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Amazons Quartet
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 7 ]
Queen Nehelenia
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 5 ]
Sailor Galaxia
 11% [ 7 ]
Sailor Animamates
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap5%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Other
Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

AuthorMessage
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th July 2017, 5:18 am

I liked the Witches 5 in the original anime. They all had such different methods to achieve similar goals. I only wish the last three had more episodes.

And I like Queen Nehellenia in the manga the most. She was pretty much an evil witch and her role in the Silver Millennium reminded me of my favorite Disney villain.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Arkas

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime14th July 2017, 2:23 pm

I really like the Trio in the original anime.  I put it as a gut answer earlier, but then I had a think about why I would have written that, and I think I have the answer.  They scare me.  They are goofy and weird, but in the end, they are way scarier than the other villains, because they are people you could almost meet in real life.  After all, there just aren't that many megalomaniacs determined to take over the world, so I was never really afraid of characters like Sailor Galaxia or Nehelenia, just interested in what they would do to the story.  But there are goofballs who will do something horrible because they are ordered to, or just because they think it will be fun.  I've always liked the villains I was a little bit  afraid of (so long as it's not enough to give me nightmares), so the Trio it is!

In the manga, I don't really have a favorite.  I pretty much like everyone there for some reason or another, and never really chose favorites.  If I needed to answer, I would say the Quartet or the Shitennou.  If I am not afraid of villains, than I want them to be not-so-completely-evil, apparently.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2017, 1:31 am

Honestly I love Nephrite in the 90s anime, he is such a badass and I love that Ferrari.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2017, 5:39 am

chrissifniotis wrote:
Honestly I love Nephrite in the 90s anime, he is such a badass and I love that Ferrari.

This, this, and this. XD

But I voted Galaxia in the end haha. (Gotta love that character song...)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

Title : Lovely Angel Fisheye

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th July 2017, 6:45 am

Diagnosed wrote:
chrissifniotis wrote:

This, this, and this. XD

But I voted Galaxia in the end haha. (Gotta love that character song...)
Ikr??? And what about this moment?

classic.

Omg, I'm surprised by how low the Witches 5 are on this poll so far. Not that they're really in my top favorites either but I know they're usually pretty popular. Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 1695130124 BTW if anyone's interested in seeing some historical data from Japan about who was the most fan voted villain back in the day, I suggest this article I found today. The answer may surprise you, I was kind of surprised myself. 
Most popular villain article
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUSm_SqnGvh9lhgp58q3Fxw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Mitsukara
Pyramidal Crystal

Mitsukara

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Heir to the Dork Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th January 2018, 7:11 am

I love how he's so proud of that moment, and then doesn't check his handiwork and just leaves XD If only he had a mustache to twirl.

Anyway, I love all of them! I voted for the Shitennou, the Animamates, and Professor Tomoe (and the Witches 5 but it was mostly for Tomoe, although Eudial and Mimete are rad too).

Here's my most to least favorites and a brief(?) (warning: not brief) statement about each. This is for the '90s anime versions:

----- Big favorites:

1. Nephrite
- At first he's funny and cool, with the awesome hair and the star divinations and the Ferrari and jumping over a fence with his hands in his pockets and he's all like "gimme that raquet" and no one questions it. Then he sorta saves a park and saves a kid from falling off a cliff (???). And then we see his true colors and it turns out he's a lot better at lying to himself than to anyone else, and... yeah. His final episodes are my favorites in the whole show.

2. Zoisite
- I laugh at him (especially when he stepped in some sewage and said "This must be my greatest challenge!"), but I cry with him. Thinking of the backstory of how he got to be the way he is makes me want to give him a big hug even though he's prone to stabbing people. A fantastic character. Also, he's very very pretty.

3. Professor Tomoe
- Surprisingly, he's a fantastic dad and a really nice boss, so forgiving that he's probably too forgiving when it comes to Mimete. On top of that, when he's crazy he's cute and hilarious! A total inversion of Beryl in all the best ways, and incredibly charming.

4. Saphir
- Wait a minute, was Saphir even a villain?! Heheh. Always long-suffering and intelligently focused, but he's on a sinking ship of fools. I love what we learn about him in the end and how far he goes to try to help his brother. A very cool guy.

5. Kunzite
- I've heard people complain of declining competence/villain nerfing, but I think there's a fascinating arc to this guy if you look at his motivations. Essentially, he falls to pieces after what happens in episode 35. He's outraged, but he is perhaps literally incapable of turning that rage against the one actually responsible, so he tries to lash out at acceptable targets. But he becomes more and more depressed and hopeless and bitter and in the end I don't think he even cared about the mission, only about Zoisite. He ties to go out with one last scrap of honor in the name of his teammates (even though they weren't really a functional team onscreen ), and so I find him very pitiable and respectable. Although he's still enough of a jerk to kick cats to cope with his depression so I dunno XD

6. Sailor Lead Crow
- Her plight reminds me a bit of Kunzite's, but here we see much more viscerally how fixated she is on what she's lost (especially when she's talking to the picture frame about the amusement park Sad ). She also reminds me of Rei's attitude towards Usagi a little bit, except turned up to 11, with her tsundere insistence on how "rivals" are supposed to work. I would've gladly watched another dozen episodes about this character at least.

7. Sailor Aluminum Siren
- Her time was too short. What we did see was a bit of a flakey ditz, and yet someone who goes for the throat when she knows what to do. She's bubbly and friendly almost constantly, and quite charming! Honestly, she's a lot of fun and her dynamic with Lead Crow is hilarious and adorable. Also, with her eating habits and whatnot, she sort of reminds me a little of Usagi...

8 & 9. Major episode 197-198 spoilers
Spoiler:

10. Thetis
- This one-off youma was fascinating! I feel like she has much more of a story behind her and her unseen history with Jadeite. Much is left to the imagination, but there's enough there to capture mine. Also, she was really pretty in all her forms.

11. Jadeite
- All we saw of this guy was dry and stiff and that he could get very angry. I've heard him described as "some sort of evil administrator". He's the least interesting of the Shitennou (which is still a compliment!), yet I still find myself thinking about him quite a bit. He's so dry and stuff, and so formal around Beryl, more so than any of his peers and perhaps any other miniboss villains in the show (except maybe Saphir). This makes me think he's a very serious-minded dutiful kind of guy who takes this stuff really seriously, far more seriously than the capricious and thoughtless queen he serves, and he has a hard time loosening up and doesn't realize until too late that there is no winning by simply doing his duty correctly. And when I think of him like that, he starts to become much more interesting.

12/13. Ali & En
- These two are like feral kids who have grown up as teenagers with vast resources but little knowledge of life. They're a ton of fun and almost every scene they're in is amusing or heartfelt (mostly amusing). They're both easily caught up in jealousy, but it's Ail who first starts to realize that maybe they're going about all this the wrong way. I really like these two.

14. Fiore
- What I really like about Fiore is when he realizes how badly he misunderstood and what he does about it. And while I don't go in for jealousy much at all, the loneliness he went through is very understandable. This guy deserves a hug, and a nice boyfriend.

15. Sailor Iron Mouse
- An adorable little goofball!! If I was two feet shorter I think this is what might happen if someone made me be a villain. She doesn't get to do all that much besides one-off attacks, or grow as a character, and that's a shame, because she's charming and funny and extremely cute. Especially with that whole mafioso look and the business cards.

16. Fish Eye
- What is Fisheye's preferred gender pronoun? I'm gonna go with male only because that's what was said in teh show. Anyway, he's so pretty! I mean the hands are a little odd but that's fine. At first he's very shallow and a little frustrating (but not as bad as  Tiger's Eye) but then with Mamoru, he starts to rethink everything and starts to grow, and that's when things get really interesting and I really start to feel much more softly for the trio. I wish their finale revelations had been more of a gradual arc instead of all at once right at he end after almost 20 episodes of a flat pattern, but even so I really like how it all turned out all the last minute. Iffy story arc, but a great character.

----- Medium size favorites:

17. Eudial
- She's so gung-ho about everything that I bet she has her own pure heart crystal that nobody saw. Always driving her van at 90MPH out of random scenery, recklessly wielding a flamethrower, pretending to play a grand organ with a boombox... Eudial is pretty fantastic.

18. Mimete
- A goofy little stalker-murderer, she's kind of charming in her own sort of awful way and a whole lot of fun. Unless your name is Eudial...

19. Sailor Tin Nyanko
- Tin Nyanko's outfit looks very strange. On top of that, her introductory actions incline me against liking her, as I side very much with Lead Crow during those events. On the other hand she can be pretty funny now and then. But THEN we start to see the rest of the picture. That black-and-white thing with the personality switching... that's when I fall in love with this character completely. She's actually pretty great!

20. Major episode 36-46 spoiler
Spoiler:

21. Mistress 9
Late season 3 (S) spoilers:
Spoiler:

22. PallaPalla
- It can be hard to separate the quartet but I always feel like PallaPalla was sort of the funniest one and had a very carefree, casual sense about her. She always seems to shrug everything off with a smile and that's kind of great. And then she pops the dolls' head off and gets creepy and that is also great.

23. VesVes
- She always felt like the grounded leader of the Quartet, the levelest head but still kind of a petulant goofball because they all were. I like her.

24. JunJun
- She seems like the tough kid of the group, wearing the black jacket and trying to act all serious and broody and irritable when she's really just as silly as the others.  I can kinda dig it.

25. Esmeraude
- What a crazy lady! She's a ton of fun, but surely unwell. What a mess!

26. CereCere
- She always seems very haughty, and when she's condescending and demanding to Kamoi over her (conjured) wealth versus his needs as a starving artist, I find her irritating and insulting, but in the long run I suppose I still like her.

----- Not as sure about these but still like them:

27. Black Lady
Late Season 2 (R) and Season 4 (SuperS) spoilers:
Spoiler:

28. Queen Beryl
- Onscreen we saw basically nothing pleasant about her, and sooooo much is her fault. Yet I still wonder how she got this way and what lead to this point, and exploring that can be very interesting.

29. Sailor Galaxia
- It was a while before we learned anything about her. What we did learn was kind of cool. We still don't know much about her personality, but I do like her. Also, her true form is very pretty, as opposed to that goofy looking crown-hat thing she usually has.

30. Prince Diamande
- At first I didn't like this guy, and then I disliked him even more. But then, something changed. What I see in Diamande is a man who completely lost sight of who he was and what he wanted for his brother and for his people, and only started to snap out of it once it was far too late. But unlike Kunzite, he manages to push back a bit harder, and that's a pretty satisfying moment in it's own way. I have mixed feelings about this character but I kind of like him, and I can imagine him being a much better man under other circumstances.

31. Petz
- I particularly like her brief scenes with Saphir.

32. Koan
- She gets a pretty cool recovery scene.

33. Hawk's Eye
- I feel similarly about him to Tiger's eye, but we saw a lot less of him so he didn't have as many chances to start grating. Also, he seemed to have a pretty good sense of humor which was charming, I especially like when he made fun of Zirconia. But what really wins me over is what he does for Fisheye in their last episode, turns out he's kind of a champ in his own way.

34. Tiger's Eye
- I have a soft spot for all of the Amazon trio in the end but dang was this guy a stupid jerk a lot of the time XD He never seemed to learn any kind of lesson at all until the last minute and could be very frustrating. Yet, given his background and (near-total lack of) life experiences, I don't think it was all his fault. Also, he was also very funny at times, and sometimes he could look cool (though sometimes he looked kinda ugly depending on what he wore). Also, he's definitely loyal to his friends, and that's worth a lot.

35. Queen Nehelenia / Zirconia / Zircon
- At first I thought Zirconia looked cool, then she got kind of annoying. Then we see her connection with Nehelenia and I became intrigued again. Then there's that chestbursty thing which is kind of awesome. Nehelenia herself is a strange character and at times could be a little flat, but I loved the finale of her story and in the end I'd say it was pretty good. Also, Zircon's a cute little flying eyeball critter, though it seems he/she's at least as questionable a stalker photographer as Umino XD Can you imagine Umino and Zircon trading notes?! (P.S. Umino's not a villain so I'm not listing him here, but I love him to bits)

36. Bethier
- Her subtle breakdown after the chess thing is pretty memorable.

37. Calaveras
- I don't much to say about her but she was alright I guess.

38. Kaolinite
- Much like Jadeite, she's a hard one to get a read on (other than her feelings for Professor Tomoe). I expected something more to happen with the "Kaori" thing late in the season, but it seemed not much became of her in the end. An intriguing character, but she never seemed to really find her big moment to shine.

39. Tellu
- She only gets one really interesting moment, vs. Mimete. But she is a bit intriguing.

----- Very little opinion or apathetic:

40. Vliuy
- This character barely appeared so I don't have much to say.

41. Ptriol/Cyprine
- Likewise.

42. Poupelin
- He didn't make much of an impression on me and I had to look his name up when I wrote this Sad

43. Rubeus
- This guy was just kind of a jerk XD I dunno. I feel like there must be more to him than we saw. (I like how the manga version briefly tries to run away and ditch the Black Moon Clan though.) Even at the bottom of my list here, I still like something about him, enough to be interested when he appears in fanfiction, anyway.

----- Unable to rate:

- Incomprehensible malicious beings:
Queen Metallia
Death Phantom / Wiseman
Xenian Flower
Pharaoh 90
Snow Princess Kaguya
Nehelenia's talking mirror from episodes 166 and 172
Queen Badiane / Black Dream Hole
Chaos

These were all kind of creepy and interesting, but how do I evaluate them as characters??

- Not counted:
Makaiju
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/mitsukara/gallery/68885149/Sailor-Moon-Fanart
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th January 2018, 9:49 am

Definitely the Quartet, obviously! Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 66663152
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th January 2018, 4:54 pm

I couldn't click other fast enough. xD I can't help it that my favorite villains are in the musicals! Dark Plasman and his crew are just so great from the Kaguya Shima Densetsu shows, especially the lovely jewel ladies: Leah Ruby, Bilah Emerald and Zilpah Sapphire. There's a lot of depth put into these characters in the two hours we get to know them, especially once we start learning more of their reasons behind why they are doing what they are doing. And then we have the pirates of Artuqa with Loof Merrow at the helm! Onna Kaizoku no Sakusen is a fantastic song and the original actress, Hikari Ono is just.../fans self

And then we have the complicated mess that is in the Dracul series and its Biblical and Judaic references. Just listing my favorites in no particular order:
Count Dracul
Death Lamia
Bloody Dracul Vampir
Lilith of Darkness (OH LILITH YOURE BEST FEM VILLAIN)
Baron Gilles de Rais
Elizabeth Bathory
Mandrake
Astarte/Sailor Astarte
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime8th January 2018, 8:56 pm

Had to agree with Brit and go with other!! While I love all of the musical-only villains, my absolute favorite would probably have to be the pirate troupe, especially in Shin Kaguya, where we get more backstory and development on them. 

Shoutout to the PGSM shitennou tho. Love those guys.
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th February 2018, 8:30 am

Mistress Nine!
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th February 2018, 9:36 am

DARK MERCURY!!
Back to top Go down
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th March 2018, 12:32 pm

it's difficult because of different versions.
 In the manga, my favourite is Galaxia. In anime or live, it's the shitennou ! But i didn't like Zoisite in anime and he is my favourite in the live action....
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th April 2018, 4:35 pm

My favorite villain is Mistress 9 because she has very amazing powers and she is a very interesting character too.
Back to top Go down
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st May 2019, 4:08 pm

Professor Tomoe is my favourite, well, anime-only. I never really... cared that he was fun or eccentric or whatever, but I don’t know, together with that, some things he does have a sinister tweak to them. Also, he feels pretty mysterious, as his backstory is revealed towards the end of the season and even then, we don’t really see him doing much else except for his work with the Death Busters, so it is sorta mysterious to me, I guess. And his backstory, that made me like him so much when I first watched S, especially episode 125, it was very moving. Also, when he gets serious during the last few episodes, it’s pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st May 2019, 5:54 pm

Eudial (gadget villains Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 2676185830 ), Professor Tomoe (he's nuts and hilarious Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 1218656912), Sailor Galaxia/Shadow Galaxia/Sailor Animamates (also pretty crazy group Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 586865221), the Amazon Trio (they really felt like villains from a circus in style), and possibly Wiseman/DP (from the Myu)

If Hotaru/Sailor Saturn also counts, then she'd probably come after Tomoe, as not only is she a kind of sad character, but her relationship with Chibiusa was also very sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?   Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Sailor Moon Villain(s)?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top