The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

My Journey Through The Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

My Journey Through The Manga Empty
PostSubject: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 9:04 pm

So, I've never read the manga before and for the past two days, I've been reading online scans like crazy. I just finished the S part of the manga just now. May I just say that I love the manga way more than the anime. There's quite a bit of differences and I'm starting to appreciate the manga, the anime, and the live action version more and more. It's all Sailor Moon, just different versions of it that make it so exciting to watch and read.

So, discuss your journey on reading the manga without giving away any spoilers. ;] <3
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 9:06 pm

don't forget the musicals! ULTIMATE VERSION Very Happy rawr!

My trip through the manga was mainly a seriously of tears and "OH MY GOD!" and then "DONT END DONT LEAVE ME! STOP IT! STOP RUNNING OUT OF PAGES! STOP IT"

except books tend to not listen for some reason. X3 Manga kicks the Anime's butt

EDIT: second time "musical" was supposed to be "manga"

Last edited by UndergroundSources on 19th February 2012, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:12 pm

I see the musical versions on Youtube, but I'm so confused that I'm not sure where I'm going with it. I need a guide to watch the musicals or something. XD

Right now I'm on SuperS and I read every page more and more excitedly. The manga is sooooo much better than the anime. <3
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:13 pm

Maybe I'll make you one some time @_@ PM me if you have any questions about them... I don't want to get too offtoppic in this thread. I'm really bad at that. X3
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:50 pm

It's okay. Not a problem at all.

I just finished SuperS for the manga. It's definitely not what I was expecting. I love it! *w*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:54 pm

THe SuperS Arc is one of the best imo. It just really shows how awesome Mamoru is and like how everyone is and its just overall awesome.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 11:54 pm

The only thing the anime beat the manga in for SuperS/Yume was Nehellenia's development as well as development of the Amazon Trio and the Amazoness Quartet in my opinion. May I point out that the Samael Quartet were even better developed in the musical "Transylvania no Mori" than they were in the anime. Wink
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 12:13 am

UndergroundSources wrote:
The only thing the anime beat the manga in for SuperS/Yume was Nehellenia's development as well as development of the Amazon Trio and the Amazoness Quartet in my opinion. May I point out that the Samael Quartet were even better developed in the musical "Transylvania no Mori" than they were in the anime. Wink

Well when it comes to that, I can totally agree. I think if the anime had stuck closer to the plot lines of the SuperS manga arc and kept in the development of the villains, we would be in a perfect world. Unfortunately we are not. D:
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 1:50 am

I definitely agree about the development of the villains in the anime of SuperS were amazing.

I also just finished the Stars part, so I just read the whole series. Let me just say, if only the anime was more like the manga, it would be 100x more amazing than it already is.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:27 pm

I was able to read and watch the manga and anime at the same time when it was being released. I will always prefer the manga over everything even though manga can't play the music. The storyline seemed more clear to me, granted there are still plot holes, it's just nicer to read.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:58 pm

Time restraints and budget cuts were probably the main cause for a disappointing stars =\

*coughs* The Musicals combine anime and manga elements-with music. The development of the Quartet surpasses the anime and the manga, regrettably Nehellenia became an extremely minor character. As the original SuperS Musical came out during the Amazon Trio arc of the anime, they couldn't possibly bring out Nehellenia and spoil it for everyone so they left her to the revision and let Zirconia take main stage (Zirconia is great in the musicals!) In the revision, however, Nehellenia's appearance was very very very short and reduced pretty much to nothing. She did not return by Galaxia like in the anime, this role was taken by Queen Beryl instead. So Nehellenia got a bad deal out of myu =\
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime4th April 2012, 7:41 pm

Well I just started reading the manga as it is now being re-released and I finally understand why everyone says the manga is so much better, yet I still have love for the anime. So far my favorite volume has to be two. I just love the love that Usagi and Mamoru have for each other and all the kissing scenes. Reminds of my own Mamo-chan. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime2nd May 2017, 9:16 am

I know this is an old thread but I never had a chance to say my feelings of first reading. I'll try to keep it non-spoiler, but can't guarantee it. I'll try to keep this focused on my first read through and try to avoid making a review as much as I can.

First reading through the first arc, I was so surprised by the differences from the original anime. There were a lot of similarities, but the differences really surprised me, specifically who lived, and died and how they died. There were some very scary images in there as well. And I was impressed by how fluid the romance felt and how Tuxedo Mask was to Sailor Moon. Now, there were boring parts of the arc, so it wasn't totally fun, but it was simple to skim through until the good stuff. Though there was a lot of repetition with the images, I noticed.

In the second arc, the villains really scared me because of how powerful they were in the first few chapters against their respective Senshi. And the true form of the main villain was such a surprise to me, since that extension was removed from 90s. I was impressed by how important one specific Senshi was in the story arc and became disappointed that such a role didn't transfer over into the anime. There was also one 'irk' moment I could've lived without seeing, but other than that, the arc was fine. And the awakening of another Senshi was much more impressive than anime made it. I was thinking that it looked like manga placed more importance on Sailor Moon than as her regal form.

In the third arc, it is where I really started enjoying the story more. The new villains were interesting and also scary, though more by their appearance, like the daimons and how they emerge from hosts. I thought it was cute seeing Chibiusa develop her friendship with Hotaru, and I was totally shocked at seeing Hotaru's injuries from when she was a child. I liked how the grail was created and very impressed by the role the talismans were meant to play in the manga (moreso than the anime, but their role in the anime was fine as well). It's funny that after telling story of Saturn, I recall that when Chibiusa went to see her friend, I completely spaced out on one last villain that had yet to appear until then, so I was genuinely surprised when she did emerge, thinking it would be the Senshi. And finally the awakening of the final Senshi of the Solar System. It was so beautifully done and very powerful imagery. As much as S was my favorite season, they really dropped the ball on the final Senshi and her fight with the villain.

My favorite, the fourth arc. Well, I loved that Mamoru's role was so much larger and more important than the original anime had allowed. What was impressive was that, without new Senshi to introduce, the story could focus on developing the Senshi already there. And I love the family dynamic with the Outers. The majority of the arc was filled with action, with everyone involved in the fight. Plus, the henchmen, the Quartet, were very involved with overseeing the fight alongside the MOTW, which I thought was impressive since we never saw that since the Shitennou. And, personally, I loved the main villain and her "Sleeping Beauty" connection to the Silver Millennium. What I really liked was that the villains had almost like a constant assault on the Earth throughout the whole arc, so by the end when Sailor Moon defeats them, it was like the end of a long night. And everyone's new forms was a joy to see. Personally, this would've been a satisfying end for me.

Then we get to my least favorite arc. I guess I'm glad it is last because it means I could just stop short of it in rereads (unless discussing them in groups). Anyways, both the first time and every time following it, the arc depressed me. There was a shock factor involved in the first read through that I'll give credit towards, but it left little to follow after. I felt so bad for our main hero because this villain was determined to make her emotionally suffer and it almost felt like Sailor Moon was helpless to stop it. Sure, she could fix things in the end, but she couldn't prevent tragedy in the first place. The sad thing is that there was a lot of interesting things in this arc as well: the places, the allies, Cosmos, Chaos, etc. These things very endearing but I felt they were just overshadowed by the misery our girl was suffering. I almost didn't finish it because it was such an emotional struggle to read, but I worked through it.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Journey Through The Manga   My Journey Through The Manga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Journey Through The Manga

View previous topic View next topic Back to top