The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon Empty
PostSubject: [December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon   [December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon I_icon_minitime14th December 2016, 1:16 pm

[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon Kc7VoWQ
December's Featured Otaku: Sailor Oberon!
[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon JA0Eg7X
Quote :
Oberon has a... complicated past, starting out as Prince Ethelion, son of Queen Thelion, a senshi of a planet that exists far outside the Milky Way Galaxy, in a place that doesn't even exist anymore. Theirs were a people of immortality... unless dealt a fatal blow in battle. His mother died thus, in her last providing her son with Thelion Final Blessing, a shield that would not break, thus saving him from the destruction that met her with her end. Ethelion received not only this gift of protection and life from her, but also her senshi powers, which passed onto him upon her death. Her passing left him with a legacy he respected, but one that he changed - he would no longer run or trust that peace will win up; taking up a sword, he swore to protect his people and his planet by fighting for them, rather than simply protecting them should danger find them.  This soon alienated him from himself, and while respected, his rule over his homeworld had not the same warmth as his mother's had.  This first life of his ended in Chaos, as a chaotic entity invaded the galaxy and began to destroy it. In one last selfless act, his mother's senshi sacrificed their own lives and star seeds so that Thelion would be reincarnated elsewhere, somewhere safe. And so he left his galaxy with the sight of its destruction the last on his mind.

From there, Oberon's story continues with a new life in a new place to a family of nomads that traveled from galaxy to galaxy, planet to planet, integrating the best of new worlds into their own culture. His were a people who were ageless and flawless, with eyes of galaxies and minds of forgotten treasures, and yet were still the creatures of nightmares for some, therefore adopted glamours to travel off world. In short: they're awesome. Oberon and his people occasionally traveled to Earth, where they were taken as fairies, tricksters, and dryads - their people the basis of some folklore that survives to this day. Among his people he was something unique, bearing the planetary powers of the planet Oberon and thus taking upon the mantle of King; his Queen was chosen from him to be a protector and co-ruler: Titania le Fay.

And this is literally only the beginning. Oberon's story is fantastic, well thought-out and well written, and he's delightful. Known around this section for being an amazing support-class senshi who's boss with shields and opening telepathic communication lines in Hardcore Events, Oberon also has a good handful of roleplays with his (estranged? is that a good word to call their relationship? XD) wife, Titania, whom he completely left to govern their planet alone because he didn't want to do it. Their relationship is entirely too entertaining and I highly recommend keeping up with them! XD
Quick Facts about Sailor Oberon: 
Oberon has been in play on the forums since December 2015!
Oberon's home era spans from the Silver Millennium through Crystal Tokyo!
Oberon has been in 3 completed RPs!
     --Leviathan Core [HC Event]
     --Fields of Enyalius [HC Event]
     --Light in Darkness [HC Event]
Oberon is currently playing in 2 RPs!
     --A Midsummer Night's Scheme
     --Murphy's Law
     --Royal Trouble
     --Red String of Fate
Oberon's Profile can be found here: Knight Oberon
If you're interested, you can look into requesting a pre-formed connection with her here: Eternal Knight's Connection Center

Spoiler:
And Now, The OC Show!
Transcript wrote:
Code:
Aaaand now it's time for the OC Tonight Show, with your host, the Hostess that needs no introduction, ---
"Oh, Announcer, darling," She interrupted with a toothy grin and a seductive wink as she sauntered on stage and blew a kiss to the audience at large, "They know who I am, who they don't know is tonight's guest!"

Grinning, she situated herself behind her large wooden desk, leaned over, and began, looking across the top of her glasses, unable to stop smiling, "Tonight I've got something special in store - First up our special guest - a man than many know of but have yet to meet, followed by yet another of our special Animal Guests, an acid-breathing skink that will just make your spine shake!" She squinched up her nose playfully and made a show with her second pair of arms of blowing out her tuxedo trails so she could elegantly sit.

"Let's see if we can coax that guest out here, shall we? Give him a big round of applause, it's King Oberon!"

EK | Eternal Knight

Skink? He decided that for the sake of good liaisons between...anything present probably, he would simply ignore and hope he'd be gone before the Animal Guest entered. He entered, untransformed and glad that he had not been forced to be under the guise of a senshi here, uncomfortable in... quite everything he would have to wear then. He walked to her without much expression, but took the time to place three fingers above his heart and to dip his head toward her in a polite salute.
What do you say, 'good evening?'. He didn't bother. Wasted words and his own salute encompassed most of it.
He sat, wings going on restlessly behind him even if he was still.

Cheeselog Representative | ♅

She looked towards the audience mischievously, fanning her face with a second hand and grinning, "Charming, isn't he?" she drolled, raising eyebrows suggestively. "With an introduction like that, how can I possibly follow through with any line of questioning - maybe we can hold the interview with body language alone," she teased, turning her attention back to him and attempting the same sort of salute, but crossing her fingers playfully as she crossed her legs. She then took her hand from before her heart and fanned out her fingers in a wide, playful wave, "Hi~"(edited)

EK | Eternal Knight

His lips stretched into a thin line, eveen though amusement shone in his eyes. She was the hostess, couldn't she figure it out? "We would have to speak the same language for it to work. Thank you for the invitation." And just to maybe press on the issue as he wasn't culturally obliged to add another wave so soon after the other one, as he said his thanks, he pressed two fingers in the middle of his forehead, closed his eyes, opened them again before making a small but swift motion towards her. "Do you need any assistance for your line of questioning?"

Cheeselog Representative | ♅

She glanced back at the audience after his second signal, looking impressed, before turning back to him, putting an elbow on the desk and cupping her chin in it, leaning forward. "Thanks for the offer, darling, but I think I can manage coming up with some questions," she winked and straightened up, " - for example, what kind of salute was that? Was that native Oberian?" She continued, her voice lilting up towards the end to signify it was a serious question.

❄Sailor Crystal Winter❄ Neptune

Titania wasn't sure how she got here or why Oberon was doing a talk show without her, but so far, she wasn't pleased.

EK | Eternal Knight

"It expressed my thanks or highlighted your kindness" Which was not a lie, but so soon after another one, his second salute had been more mocking, perhaps of her personally also, but he simply kept his features gentle. "It is a traditionnal Oberian greetings. Most expressions that would be wasted with words are usually expressed through motions. It is shorter and means a lot more than empty promises."
< No. Think of the political scandals. And the diplomatic meetings it would call upon. > No thank you.

❄Sailor Crystal Winter❄ Neptune-Today at 6:50 PM

She fumed, but kept her flames to herself. < You know I never care for those... > How she managed to govern Oberon on her own without him without causing massive political scandals was still a mystery. Who thought it was good idea to put the short-tempered, volatile queen on the throne instead of the patient, less dangerous king?

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 6:53 PM

She nodded knowingly, shooting the audience a wink, "I think I can relate."

"But tell me," she encouraged after giving the audience a beat for chuckles, "I hear that you Oberians are a people of explorers and travelers - are there any interesting signals you have picked up along the way? Any you would care to teach us? Naughty ones are always nice, you know," she said knowingly, a cat's smile creeping across her face.

"For instance," she cut in conspiratorially with an example, making a gesture by putting her hand in a fist as though grabbing the handle of a cup and raising her pinky, "This little doozy can get you arrested on some planets."*(edited)

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:04 PM

< I might revise my judgment here... > He commented lightly while the only thing that spoke of his momentanous discomfort came in the form of a surprised blink. Naughty ones clearly weren't for the crowd, but her smile said she cared little about that. He looked and listened as she demonstrated and nodded. "It speaks of selfishness and ideas of grandeur in some others." He tilted his head on the side, taking her body language and features in before straightening himself again, his wings twitching once. "This one is used to treat your acquaintance like a peasant in a small planet way outside this solar system." He explained, tapping on his right shoulder twice with his palm before balling it into a fist near his neck. "It means that you are a worthless living being and that the universe made a mistake." His lips finally cracked into a small but visible grin. "They were delightful as you can imagine."

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:10 PM

Her grin grew as he gestured and explained, obviously committing it to memory, and when he finished and added his quip, she laughed, her eyes widening in surprise. "Ooohohohohohohohohohohohohoho!! Sarcasm! I would never have expected it!" she commented as her laughter died down, her grin still wide from ear to ear. "I'll make sure to remember that one - only too often these days we run into the universe's mistakes," she nodded knowingly, but her eyes gleamed mischievously.

"So, now that we are fully aware that you can publically insult all of us without out slightest suspicion, let's get to the meat of things. Oberon - may I call you Oberon? Do you go by any other names? Is it odd to share a name with your home planet? I'd hate to share a name with where I'm from," she commented, glancing to the audience as though to include them into the conversation.

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:16 PM

He didn't quite smile, but it was there. Fairies. They were fairies. Most of his people were more mischevious than he had become with the years, but he used to like the jokes and insults and the mocking. Many creatures were so easily offended that it made for an interesting hobby. "I will try not to insult you too much." He promised gently. "And I am nothing else but Oberon and it is... not quite odd. They gave me the name because I am its King, but I am used to seeing such names given to the warrior who fights to protect it and not the one who governs it. And well... the planet has its ways more than not."

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:19 PM

She nodded to him in mock graciousness when ne replied he wouldn't insult her too much, a playful thank you that looked good for the camera and attempted to keep the mood light and fun. As he went into his name she became a little more serious, listening to his answer carefully. "The warrior that fights to protect it - you mean it's Guardian Senshi, do you not? Are you she?" she asked, baitingly, knowing full well the answer. "And, if you are, were you known by any other name before you took up the mantle of Sailor Oberon? In addition - hang with me here - you mentioned a difference between a planetary protector and a planetary governor - if you are Sailor Oberon and you are also King Oberon, do you not also govern your planet?"(edited)

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:26 PM

It took most of his self-control for him not to cringe. That Sailor business was going to come out, he was already sure of it by now, but he still wouldn't have minded if they hadn't talked about it before... way later. "I am its governor" Who had fled his home under a burden that probably was only in his head at this point, but it was still the truth. "not its guardian. The planetary powers were passed on to the Queen and my wife, Sailor Titania. I am not the planetary protector, but she is both as she has as much political power than I have." If she had made her homework she probably already knew that anyway.
"My becoming Sailor Oberon was an accident." His wings twitched again but didn't slow their beating.
< At least now you can keep mocking me. >

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:28 PM

"An Accident," she all but purred, leaning in, only too glad the leading questions took them this way, "You don't say?"

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:32 PM

"Not as interesting as you would want it." He scoffed. "I first transformed when Earth was taken under the moon family's wings. During the Queen's coronation."

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:33 PM

"The White Moon family?" she inquired, "Which incarnation?"

A small smile was growing...

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:35 PM

He didn't like her smile, nor the implication. He threw her a glance, his features less gentle, but mostly serious.
"Neo Queen Serenity." He said with finality. And if anyone would have asked: 'why you want to know', he didn't.

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:41 PM

She seemed to back up a bit, "Oh, hmm. Well then maybe you can't help me out - I've heard rumours, you see, about how a certain fairy race used to visit Earth back in the times of Queen Serenity the First and cause all kind of mischief in the planet's earlier history; the rumors said that the visitors were actually adapted into the culture of the place - I had wanted to check the validity of that and give them Kudos, but that must've happened quite some time before you arrived there. I apologize for the assumption and any offense that line of questioning might have caused," she leaned back in her seat, looking a little disappointed in herself, but you could see her thinking a way back towards lighter conversation.

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:49 PM

He exhaled through his nose slowly, letting time for his heart to settle down. It was probably his fault here. But what linked him to the moon family usually went back to a place he wasn't exactly thrilled to be. He avoided any thoughts or glances toward where he knew his wife was. He seemed to relax and his features resumed to something softer. "Your sources are frightfully accurate, but I guess it is what you do.." Information was a weapon, though he doubted this one would use it as such. She seemed more entertained than driven. "And we did. The first time, however, Earth was not exactly inhabited. But we came back from time to time." He shifted on his seat. "As an apology, I am sure you can deduce a small anecdote yourself.
"You know I am certain the planet Uranus? Can you name its moons?"(edited)

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:52 PM

The disappointment wiped off her face in an instant, replaced with sheer glee. She leaned forward, obviously interested in where this was going, "Let's see... There's Umbriel, Ariel, Miranda, Desdemona, Ophelia, Portia, Titania, Oberon, Puck and -- Oh wait! What do we have here?" She looked to the audience with a playful, open grin, then turned back to Oberon, "A coincidence?"

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 7:57 PM

"Call it a very pompous and sentimental present." He answered, half amused. They were younger, though not very young already back then. "And coaxing someone into thinking those names were the best to give was a rather interesting encounter. Humans are as charming as they are odd creatures. Even if, I must admit a certain story helped, if you go with the names keeping ours company." His wings were beating without interruption, the fay more comfortable now. "I am fond of that moon."

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 7:59 PM

She smiled, "Do you visit often? Plan on making a settlement?"

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:02 PM

"I live on Earth most of the time, but it has been a while since I went back. The moon is more of a napping fort. Comfortable and peaceful. I have enough 'settlements' with my duties on Earth and my duties on Oberon, another one would be folly. Young nomads visit there sometimes when it is their first round to Earth." Not an information that was vital for their security. They were, after all, nomads. Seeing them around wasn't really surprising.

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:03 PM

She nodded understandingly, "The cold doesn't bother you too much?" she asked, seeming to be leading towards something...

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:04 PM

"No...?" Fire did. Ironically. "Should I ask 'why' at this point?"

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:06 PM

"Oh, I had just heard it could be cold and dark and many species don't quite enjoy that," the comment hadn't meant to suggest what it had suggested - that perhaps Oberon's kind weren't as 'normal' a mammalian species as some would like to believe... but that was for others to delve into, not our Hostess. She leaned in conspiratorally. "Do you know what species really enjoy cold, dark places?"

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:09 PM

"We travel through space, it would be rather bothersome if the cold and the dark annoyed us." Any implication it might have had went right above Oberon's head as what would make him usually tick was carefully avoided in this interview. Bless the hostess for small mercy. "Many, did you have one in particular in mind?"

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:11 PM

She straighened, playfully preening, "As it so happens, I do! King Oberon, I would like you to meet tonight's special animal feature, The Nightmare Skink!" She stood, motioning off stage, where a mass of darkness so deep and profound waited, it was hard to immediately catch the glint of green eyes glowing in the darkness, but once you did, it was hard to look away. The sight sent chills up most audience members' spines, but the Hostess seemed unfazed. "Why don't you bring it closer, dear?" she called to the creature's handler.

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:15 PM

Someone, he should have seen that coming. So, no leaving before the creature appeared, then. It wasn't that he was afraid, but more that he wasn't... maybe a sort of disdain, or a lack of certainty. He couldn't quite look away, however. They were travellers, and novelty interested him as much as any of his species. "Where did you find it?" And could it destroy the whole room? He stood, mostly because sitting while a potentially dangerous creature was brought closer to them both didn't seem like a good idea.

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:18 PM

"Me?" she repeated, "You are too kind! I just know people who know people! These babies are apparently native to the deep cometary trenches; they've developed a liking to dark places and tend to make light warp around them to make them appear darker - isn't that fascinating?" she lilted, "Let's bring him farther into the light!" she called again, but... there was no answer.(edited)

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:19 PM

"It sure is." It was genuine, but the fact there was no answer actually concerned him. "Are you sure they are safe to bring around civilians?"

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:20 PM

Suddenly a slimy mass of ilk shot out of the darkness, landing on stage. It hissed and popped and smoked, eating away at the wooden floor entirely, and as it fell beneath the concrete below was heard to disappear.

"Well," she hesitated, "It should have been, but it appears its muzzle has been removed... maybe cauterized! How interesting! Just watch out, as it tends to spit--"

Code:
A gob of silvery gunk flew out of the darkness, heading right towards the camera, landing on the lens. The camera went dark, they swapped to another camera.

"Oohhohohoh!!" she laughed, obviously impressed, "Watch out, little thing! That stuff is expensive! There he goes again!" The camera left the Hostess to pan to the crowd, were people were running out of control trying to leave the side of the stands nearest the creature. The mass of darkness inched closer, spitting gobs of goo every which way. "This just in, the stage manager is ordering an evacuation! Soo~"

Snazzy music started to play her out, "That's it for The OC Show To----"

Code:
Signal Lost.

EK | Eternal Knight-Today at 8:26 PM

He cast a shield around himself, her and those around who he figured were to close for comfort and looked at her, half amused, half confused. "Does it happen often?" He asked while they all got ready to evacuate.

Cheeselog Representative | ♅-Today at 8:29 PM

She winked, *"Makes things interesting, doesn't it? Come now, show's over~"

With a snap of her fingers, everything vanished. Audience members and guest alike were instantaneoulsy teleported outside the studio, safe and sound, the interview but a happy memory -- and a recorded show ready for download and purchase around the galaxy for the low low price of 30 bits.

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 5th January 2017, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon Empty
PostSubject: Re: [December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon   [December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon I_icon_minitime14th December 2016, 6:32 pm

Oberon is now available for audience questions! ♥
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

[December] Featured Character: Sailor Oberon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top