The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Douzo Yoroshiku~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 11:58 am

Hi everyone!!

I'm so excited to be joining such a vibrant and upbeat Sailor Moon community! I found out about GC from some campaigning over Twitter. I'm so grateful you made the effort! Also, let me say ”The Galaxy Cauldron" is such a perfect name for a place like this that it makes me geek out just for that XD. Can't wait to geek out over all the other Sailor Moon topics with everybody here! I have been isolated for too long  Douzo Yoroshiku~ 3884866259 .(And these amazing Princess Naomi emotes...! Ugh!! So good!!)

Okay so now that I've offloaded all my squees, here's a bit about me:

• My favourite Senshi is Sailor Venus (especially the manga version). Although I have definitely called upon just about every one of the others for inspiration in my life. (I can't be the only one imagining myself as Ami while studying for exams!) Lately, my life looks a lot more like Mako-chan’s - less karaoke nights and a lot more cooking and cleaning lol. Still, V will always be #1 in my heart!

• I put on the 90s anime bgm and singles on pretty much a daily basis (and sometimes PGSM and English version music too). Some tracks are not even that great, objectively speaking but I’ve listened to them so much over the years, I can't help but love them! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 2695440696 I'm a big fan of the Crystal music too. Gotta buy some CDs and listen more…

• My favourite arc is probably the Makaiju arc of the 90s anime. Though overall, I love the manga the most. Takeuchi-san's art is so beautiful. Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1394610236

• I avoided watching PGSM for years thinking it would be hokey but ended up loving its original take on the story.

• I have only watched a few musicals so far. Again, avoided for a long time for silly reasons such as: “There's a song called Salad Time? That sounds dumb.” Douzo Yoroshiku~ 3884866259 Now my goal is to finally watch all of them in the next few years. So far, I like Anza the best as Moon but I prefer the songs from the newest runs. To me, the old ones sound like they were composed for violin instead of voice!

• I cosplayed quite a bit before getting braces… which I have had now for almost 7 years. (They said it would only take 2!! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1404836419) I am so longing to get back into that hobby!

• I’m a first-gen member of a Sailor Moon song cover group called Tsuki no Uta. (You can find us on YouTube… Wasn't really sure about linking since I guess this is an ad technically ^^;..) Our cover of Hereafter is what made me watch my first Seramyu! (That scene made me cry, too.) Our mixes have gotten much better as we grew and learned together which makes me really happy. We're on hiatus atm though. Sigh...

• I really enjoy learning new and revisiting old info about the Sailor Moon universe. I participate on wikimoon when I can for that reason. Writing there really gets you down into all the little details!

• I used to participate on an LJ landcomm devoted to Sailor Moon. It's still active I think.

• I am a merch collector but have really slowed down with it since I stopped working outside the home. It's been tough watching the flood of stuff coming out and just pass me by… Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1948543417

• I’ve never done forum-based RPing. Kind of intimidated by it tbh!

• I have an 11-month old little girl. She is the center of my world right now since she's still so young~. I also have a dog, though I like cats better haha.

• I love working out! I've been using my baby as a weight haha. I also play Ultimate Frisbee, which my husband got me into when we first started dating, almost 10 years ago.

• My husband is a non-fandom person so sometimes it can be lonely having such an obsession for Sailor Moon. I love him so much though. Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1955989781

• The only other fandom that I pay any attention to is Ace Attorney but it's a pretty far second place lol. I love video games in general but haven't played much since pregnancy.

• In the past, I’ve also gone by the nickname “lemon-sama” because I drew some cute fruit characters for my friends and I was the lemon ^^. My real name is Sarah. :Bunnywink:

That's a pretty good long overview, I think! Can't wait to get to know you guys too! (Omg all 1819 of you - hoooowee!) As a final note, I am most often using my phone instead of the computer these days because of my daughter. (Always on the move, that one!) Sadly that means I won't be doing any graphics work for awhile but I hope to participate as much as I can, otherwise!

...and hopefully I won't fat-finger anything too badly on my phone Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1637294219

Alright… on to Step 2 of the Newbie Packet lol!

Last edited by Diagnosed on 15th November 2016, 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 12:03 pm

Welcome to GC, Diagnosed!! You seem pretty well-versed in the SM canons! I would recommend checking out our RP section and some of the clubs~!
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 12:12 pm

Douzo Yoroshiku~ 7sAuJlT
Quote :
I’m a first-gen member of a Sailor Moon song cover group called Tsuki no Uta

This is SO COOL! I definitely want to see some of your stuff posted on the forum. I think it should be fine to post some vids!

I'm the Member Relations Director on GC, so if you need any help navigating around the forums you can always come to me. We also have this great mentor program that will you guide you through the forums. Enjoy and welcome!
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 12:13 pm

Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron, lemon-sama Sarah!  Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1434556979

I've had braces before, too! They said it'd only take 2-ish years but I ended up having them on all throughout high school! qq It made me very self-conscious about cosplaying as well to the point I didn't cosplay at all at Katsucon one year LOL 

However I did take a peek at your cosplay.com! Your V-chan is sooooooooooooooo cute!! Did you make your costume!? We do have an Arts/Graphics & Cosplayers Guild here, if you'd like to join it! We discuss a lot of different cosplay related stuff, share tutorials, and other things! You might like it :3c 

Also, the roleplay section here is very friendly and easy to get into! If you ever feel like getting into role-playing here, definitely check it out! There's many different types of roleplays to jump into~
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 2:01 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found us! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 2503753863

I'm Andi/Ena/Anda/Lus or whatever you decide to call me! Very Happy As a council member of the Arts/Graphics & Cosplayers Guild, I second Celest's comment! xD Here is the link if you are interested: http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/f99-artists-graphics-cosplayers-guild

I see that your favorite senshi is Sailor V, but who is your favorite villain? Douzo Yoroshiku~ 3042611168

Quote :
I’ve never done forum-based RPing. Kind of intimidated by it tbh!
GC is a good place to start forum RPing. You should try it out sometime! It's really fun! I've done a lot of forum/RPing throughout the past 12 years and I must say that GC RPs are the best RPs that I've ever participated in. Everybody in the RP section is really kind, patient, and helpful, and always in the mood for new RP characters/ideas! Smile
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 2:06 pm

Hello and welcome! Make yourself at home!
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 4:15 pm

Hello! Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 4:55 pm

Welcome to the forums, Diagnosed! Do you have any other anime or manga you enjoy?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 5:13 pm

I'm not the type to introduce people but I couldn't resist your introduction!

Umm, welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 5:28 pm

HELLO!!! And welcome to our awesome community! there's a lot to see here so don't feel stressed out by it =) and of course feel free to ask anyone if you feel lost~

This is one of the coolest introductions i've read so far ^.^

Hope to see you around~
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime15th November 2016, 5:44 pm

hello welcome i'm greenpea [yes everyone calls me that, can't get'em to call me anything else XD] anyway imma leave you alone and go on my way talk to you soon!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime16th November 2016, 1:33 am

Hey, and welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron Forums!

Hope you enjoy your stay already! I'm Diana, and I'm the Graphics Director here on GC. Jupi already recommended our mentor program to you; which is a very helpful training to check out, especially for our newbies!

If you still have any questions, issues etc. regarding GC, you can always poke me on here or Discord!

:diana1:
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime17th November 2016, 5:49 pm

Wow thank you for such a warm Sailor Moon style welcome! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1286073631 And for pointing me in a few directions here. What a big playground! I feel like I could spend forever just lurking around lol. The mentor program is such a great idea. I hope maybe one day I'll have enough experience here to be a mentor too… Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1644003999

Now to find out if I can successfully multiquote from my mobile! ...Huzzah! Here goes!

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
This is SO COOL! I definitely want to see some of your stuff posted on the forum. I think it should be fine to post some vids!
Yay thank you!! I’ll go find an appropriate place to do that in then ^-^.

Celest wrote:
Your V-chan is sooooooooooooooo cute!! Did you make your costume!?
Gosh such a compliment from a pretty girl like yourself! (I snooped your Twitter :p.) I did make it! So many painstaking hourrrrrs lol. I’ll definitely see you and Ena over at the Cosplay Guild soon!

Andalusite wrote:
I see that your favorite senshi is Sailor V, but who is your favorite villain? Douzo Yoroshiku~ 3042611168
Oh man this made me think!! Chaos/Galaxia is pretty awesome (just her image song alone is killer!) but actually the first answer that came to mind was Prof Tomoe. Douzo Yoroshiku~ 3328163167 I think that emote just speaks for itself lol.

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Do you have any other anime or manga you enjoy?
Lately I've been reading ReLIFE. My favourite anime/manga series are Utena, Slayers and Read or Die. And then there's Ghibli films of course! (Nausicaa made me cry T^T.) I haven't watched much new anime but one I definitely recommend to any Sailor Moon or magical girl genre fan is High Earth Defence Club Love! So hilarious… Also, Love Live was super inspiring to me despite being so sadly unrealistic OTL.

Again thank you so much to everyone here for the kind words - I’ll definitely remember you when we bump into each other next!

Take care till then~. Douzo Yoroshiku~ 111859084
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime18th November 2016, 8:44 pm

Hello my name is stephen or Dark Sportsnutd which ever is easier for you..

I would like to know more about what you thought of PGSM and we have a section on the home page for just that.

Also you have a great singing voice and who ever reads this should go to your youtube page.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime20th November 2016, 9:26 pm

Oh hello!! I've been catching back up on forum stuff and noticed youall up on the threads. xD Welcome!!  I can't believe there's someone who also really loves the Makaiju arc! Not many people in the fandom like but while its not necessarily my favorite, I always look forward to watching it during my anime rewatches!

I'm really glad that you gave PGSM a chance. So many people put it off cause of your exact reason but its just so good! I hope you can also check out more of the musicals. I miiiiight be slightly Myu obsessed so if you got any questions about the shows I don't mind answering. (I can explain the Salad Time thing if you're really curious xD).

Now I'm off to check out your group's covers and your cosplay! Very Happy

Edit: just watched half of the Kirari cover and i'm sold. Insta-sub! XD
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime21st November 2016, 11:17 am

Dark Sportsnutd wrote:
Also you have a great singing voice and who ever reads this should go to your youtube page.
Brit-chan wrote:
Edit: just watched half of the Kirari cover and i'm sold. Insta-sub! XD
Thank you both so much!! That means a lot to me! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 2422052349

Brit-chan wrote:
(I can explain the Salad Time thing if you're really curious xD).
LOL I figured I'd get to it eventually, but since you're right here now I MUST KNOW!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime21st November 2016, 1:52 pm

Okie, here comes! xD

Salad Time is a variation on the Shakespearean idiom, "Salad Days" referring to a youthful time in ones life. So the song title "Chikyuuiro wa Salad Time" (The Color of the Earth is Our Salad Time) means something along the lines of "the Earth appears youthful and fun", basically a "we're young and happy!" kind of thing (this is backed up by the lyrics of the song). I didn't get the idiom either the first time I saw the song until my translator at Sea of Serenity explained it to me. You can read our post about it here.

Myu lyrics are full of all sorts of fun things like these. I feel like I"m always learning stuff about them each time I watch them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime19th December 2016, 9:48 pm

I'm a month late to this thread... but I was listening to Tsuki No Uta's cover of Heart Moving and just made the connection that one of the singers is a member of GC!!! That song is on my list of favorite Sailor Moon covers ever! All of you have beautiful voices and I love your solo. Minako would definitely be a fangirl  Douzo Yoroshiku~ 2027930456
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime19th December 2016, 10:15 pm

D'awwww thank you Usa-chan!! I'm so honored!! Douzo Yoroshiku~ 1286073631
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Douzo Yoroshiku~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Douzo Yoroshiku~   Douzo Yoroshiku~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Douzo Yoroshiku~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Introductions-