The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread Empty
PostSubject: ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread   ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime10th February 2012, 7:33 pm

You're My Jewelry which translated into English as "You're My Jewellery" O_O is a song from the Sailor Moon Musicals. Specifically from "Kaguya Shima Densetsu" and its kaiteiban as performed by Usagi and Mamoru. It is a cute love duet for Fumina Hara. I personally feel its GREAT for couples karaoke X3

It is among my favourite of the love Myu songs :3

There's also a hilarious montage in the 2000 (Transylvania no Mori) Fan Kasha videos of five couples performing it as a duet.

But they were as the following:

Yuuko Hosaka (Sailor Pluto) / Yoshiya Yumikura (Mandrake)
Miki Kawasaki (Le Fay) / Mario Tomioka (Sailor Saturn)
Yuuta Mochizuki (Count Dracul) / Kasumi Takabatake (Sailor Chibimoon)
Eri Kanda (Sailor Mars) / Yuuka Asami (Sailor Neptune)
Hikari Ono (Bloody Dracul Vampir) / Nao Takagi (Sailor Uranus)

the actresses portraying Senshi were in their character costumes while the others were in their regular clothes... The scenes were full of jokes, Yoshiya getting out a stool to put his arm around Yuuko (as he's quite on the shortside). Miki pretending to kiss Mario... (Mario is probably underage...)... Yuuka catching flies on her date with Eri... :3 Bets of all, Nao putting her hand over Hikari's mouth XD Wish I could find it.

Enjoy~

PICK OUT A DEDICATION SONG THREAD FOR YOURSELF:

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t1323-new-song-dedication-threads

Last edited by UndergroundSources on 16th February 2012, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread   ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime16th February 2012, 4:47 pm

Aw, this is so adorable! They are so cute together. I was wondering if you could perhaps include the Japanese lyrics and the translation as well though? Smile It would be nice to know what they are saying behind those shying expressions.

I know very little about Sera Myu. What season and act (?) is this from? I would love to watch what leads up to this duet and what follows. Michiru looks all coy and teasing and now I am curious to know what she says!
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread   ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime16th February 2012, 7:29 pm

This song is from the 1999 Spring and 1999 Summer Musicals. "Kaguya Shima Densetsu" (The Legend of Kaguya Island) and "Kaguya Shima Densetsu [Kaiteiban] - Natsuyasumi! Houseki Tankentai" (The Legend of Kaguya Island [Revision] - The Jewel Expedition Party) these musicals are from the "The Second Stage - Fuminamoon" series of musicals and are known for being the first to introduce an entirely new set of villains. The story slightly varies between the two musicals though the overall story is the same. Kaguya Shima Densetsu has been subtitled by Ken Yuen and Kaguya Shima Densetsu Kaiteiban has been partially subtitled by innocent-ami. They are very good musicals and apparently take place post-Sailor Stars ^^

Basically for this song, Usagi and Mamoru go jewelhunting because the girls all decide that jewels are better than love... in the kaiteiban, because Minako's got the better team (the team with Ami). Usagi forces Rei to come along too to use her spiritual sense XD

I highly recommend Kaguya Shima Densetsu to people new to the musicals.

Here is the original Spring Version and the kaiteiban's Summer Version with subtitles. (Not done by men!) Looks like you'll have to watch through 5000nen Kaguya Shima (a truly beautiful song performed by Kanako Yamamoto as Leah Ruby!)

Kagayaku kimi no hitomi wa
Houseki yori mabayui
Sono me de mitsumeraretara
Sekaijuu ichikoro sa
Sore tte aishiteru to
Onnaji imi yo ne
Uttori shite kuru no yo
Homerareru to Why don't you kiss me
Baby, come to me
Love you, only you
Hear me, only me
You're my jewelry
Houseki datte kasumu yo
Kimi no miryoku no mae ja
Dekkai daiyamondo sae
Tada no hikitateyaku sa
Kikasete motto motto
Ureshii okotoba
Kibun wa ohime-sama yo
Anata dake no Why don't you kiss me?
Baby, come to me
Love you, only you
Hear me, only me
You're my jewelry
You're my jewelry

AS WE ALL KNOW. The word "jewelry" translates into English as "jewellery".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread   ~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~You're My Jewelry~ Song Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top