The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who should Usagi be with (based on the anime)? Mamoru or Seiya?
Mamoru
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_vote_lcap83%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_vote_rcap
 83% [ 10 ]
Seiya
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_vote_lcap17%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 10:30 am

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? Te9tTW2
Original Thread: x

It's time for another installation in the Greatest Hits series! Very Happy I know a lot of people on the forum may consider their answer to this question to be a no-brainer, but the original thread still got some great discussion going and I'd like to see that happen again with input from members who weren't around to discuss it originally (it was posted 4 years ago, after all). Just a quick side note: this debate only concerns the anime versions of these characters since Usagi and Seiya didn't interact as much in the manga and other versions.

Quoting Crystalsetsuna's original post: "Everyone seems to have an opinion on who Usagi should be with. Some say Mamoru because that's who Usagi has always loved and will love. But some people seem to only want the idea of you choosing your own destiny, despite seeing a future that's contrary, so they insist Usagi and Seiya be together. What's your opinion?"

Personally, I am a definite Usagi x Mamoru shipper <3 I do think that Seiya really fits with Usagi personality-wise, but in a non-romantic way (like as a big-brother figure). But, I think the most important thing to remember is this quote from Goddess Yami in the original thread:
Goddess Yami wrote:
What I really loved was you mentioning Usagi is human. I totally agree with that. People tend to love more than one person in their lifespan. Sometimes it takes you a long time to realize who you truly love. I feel like Seiya helped Usagi realize how much she loved Mamoru and that he was her one and only.
I think that's a really great quote and it totally sums up how I feel about this topic. [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? 1434556979

But, I'd really like to hear what you guys think! Love is so complex, and often hard to understand, which creates the potential for a lot of great discussion. Happy debating! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 10:34 am

Mamoru 100%. Since I haven't seen Stars yet I can't even begin to imagine those two together, also I think Mamoru's more quiet introverted personality kinda balances Usagi out, while with Seiya it seems they would clash more due to being so similar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 1:41 pm

Depends on which anime we're talking about. If it's crystal, she should defiantly stay with mamoru. If it's the 90s, however, she may want to try with seiya. The only reason behind that is how dumb he acted in sailor moon R, I mean dumping her to "protect" her, after everything they've been through and not even bother to explain himself? Then again, this would impact chibiusa's existence, hence why I typed "try." Unless she were to get pregnant with chibiusa first, then go to seiya. That's kind of a scummy move, though

That being said, if she were to do that, would crystal tokyo still exist? I feel as though I'm branching into multiple topics/future debates here, so I'm just going to stop here before my brain runs with it even more.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Firefly

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 1:54 pm

I think Seiya because those two are very alike, Seiya vowed to protect her by going to her house for a whole night and stayed. I doubt Mamoru would ever do that. Seiya even treated her differently than Mamoru, much more nicer and understanding than Mamoru.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoXjkyUY8ALgc-juz0dw0jw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 7:14 pm

In a million years, NEVER EVER will say that Usagi was better with Seiya...and i'm not just saying this because I dislike i actually hate seiya with raging fire Seiya, she simply was not worthy of Usagi, simply as that. Mamoru could be cold and might seems he doesn't cared about Usagi, but he did, he always did, wasn't very good showing it >_> but he did.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Devereau Laelithar
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : GC's Official Demon

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime27th September 2016, 11:13 am

Mamoru is the typical Japanese boyfriend, I think. Affection (particularly PDA) is not very common within Japanese relationships. This doesn't mean they don't love each other, it's just a cultural thing. Usagi is super affectionate, though, which I think makes Mamo's standard Japanese boyfriend type seem more cold and aloof than he actually is. 

So yeah, I like seeing UsaxMamo. I couldn't imagine them with anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://shinraslave.mutated-butterfly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Should Usagi be with Anime Mamoru or Seiya?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top