The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime13th September 2016, 12:50 pm

Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) TUz9YIH

Hello GC and welcome to the state of Colorado! I will be your tour guide, Dark Sportsnutd and I hope you have a great time in The Centennial State.

Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) 220px-Map_of_USA_highlighting_Colorado

Here are some lovely stats about Colorado:
Capital: Denver
Height above sea level: A mile high
Motto: Nil sine numine (Nothing without providence)
State songs: Rocky Mountain High/ Where the Columbines Grow 
38th state (Former President Ulysses S. Grant signed Proclamation 230 making Colorado a state)
Area: Colorado is Ranked 8th in the United States

Total Area: 104,094 sq mi (269,837 km2)

Width: 380 Miles (610 km)

Length: 280 Miles (450 km)

% Water: 0.36%

Population Rank: 22nd

Colorado's Highest point is Mount Elbert at 14,440 ft (4401.2 m)

Colorado's lowest point is Arikaree River at the Kansas border. 3,317 ft (1011 m)

Colorado is home to such things and events as:

-The Rocky Mountains (See picture at top of thread)

-The Great Sand Dunes National park (See below)
Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) 220px-Mt_Herard_sand

Colorado is famous for being used in such films/movies as:
- True Grit
-The Searchers
-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
-Vanishing Point
-Bingo
-Starman
-Dumb and Dumber
-Sleeper
-Furious 7
-Good Luck Charlie (TV show)
The Colorado Office of Film and Television has noted that over 400 films have been shot in Colorado in Total.

Did you Know??
-CNBC's list of "Top States for Business for 2010" has recognized Colorado as the third best state in the nation, falling short to only Texas and Virginia.

-Boulder, Colorado also has more Master Sommeliers per capita than any other city, including San Francisco and New York.

-Denver international Airport (D.I.A.) is the 4th busiest domestic U.S. airport and 13th Busiest World airport.

-Amy Adams, Tim Allen, Jessica Biel, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, Jack Dempsey, John Elway, Adolph Coors, Dwight David Eisenhower (married in Denver), John Denver, OneRepublic (formed in Colorado Springs) and Condoleezza Rice (attended St. Mary's Academy in Cherry Hills Village) have all either lived in, was born in, or worked/went to school in Colorado (There's way more then just them..)
Here are some pictures I have taken: (Im not a great picture taker)

Me and my friends at The Broncos stadium :

Another picture of my friends i took at wildlife center :

(OOC: Im sorry you guys but I don't get out enough to get good pictures)

Last edited by Dark Sportsnutd on 16th September 2016, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 7:09 pm

another state I have yet to visit. I really want to visit though.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 7:13 pm

Sports, your images are broken! D:
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 7:47 pm

Dark Sportsnutd wrote:

I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than it should have. Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) 3884866259

Omg, I almost forgot all about Great Sand Dunes National Park! When I was at field camp in 2014, the professors dumped the entire class off at the park for 3 hours while they graded our maps. XD It was really fun to climb up the sand dunes and then "skii" down them. XD I also loved how the river was right at the base of the dunes, so if you got too hot you could just jump into the water. Smile Have you ever been to that park, Dark Sports?

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
D: They don't work for me either. Sad When I quoted Sports, I noticed that the links to the images were in .tiff format, so maybe that is the problem?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 7:54 pm

Andalusite wrote:
Dark Sportsnutd wrote:

I don't know why, but this made me laugh more than it should have. Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) 3884866259

Omg, I almost forgot all about Great Sand Dunes National Park! When I was at field camp in 2014, the professors dumped the entire class off at the park for 3 hours while they graded our maps. XD It was really fun to climb up the sand dunes and then "skii" down them. XD I also loved how the river was right at the base of the dunes, so if you got too hot you could just jump into the water. Smile Have you ever been to that park, Dark Sports?

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
D: They don't work for me either. Sad When I quoted Sports, I noticed that the links to the images were in .tiff format, so maybe that is the problem?
no actually i haven't been there Andi nor do i own skis..lol. I'm not sure how to fix the pics but ill try tonight.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 8:06 pm

XD I actually meant skid-running through the sand using skiing motions to get down the hill. XD

As for fixing the images, you could probably just change them to links! Then people could click on them to see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 8:07 pm

should be fixed now pictures..stupid mac computer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 4:21 pm

The Searchers is one of my favorite movies and I didn't even know they shot some parts of it in Colorado, that's nice.

Anyway it's one of the States I'd like to visit, these landscapes are gorgeous.  Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) 1394610236
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 7:20 pm

My maternal grandma briefly lived in Denver (Cherry Creek section) in the 1930s and 40s before she moved to the L.A. area in CA.

Denver's popular nickname is the "Mile High city", the 13th step of the Colorado state capital is exactly one mile (5,280 feet) above sea level.

and don't forget South Park (they had their season XX premiere last week). The town is fictitious, but there's a geographic feature (meadow) in southern Park county named South Park.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime21st September 2016, 1:24 pm

I still remember when, several years ago, my father took me on a summer vacation where we focused on exploring Colorado.  I remember noticing that Colorado was very beautiful, so our time in this state was my favorite part of this vacation.  Although that Sand Dunes National Park that you mentioned, Dark Sportsnutd, had apparently not been created by then (this was back in the late 1980s, and I definitely don't remember noticing it on this vacation).

BTW, I saw your pictures here, Dark Sportsnutd.  So your attempt to fix them seems to have been successful.

Last edited by mercuryfan on 21st September 2016, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add the note about the pictures)
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)   Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Colorado (World fair 2016)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top