The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Empty
PostSubject: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime12th September 2016, 8:16 pm

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! HaoiYDy

A hundred thousand welcomes to the Emerald Isle!

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__gCéad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__gCéad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g

Welcome to the beautiful country of Ireland! Home of magic, history, culture, and tons of booze! Ireland is a timeless land where the past and the present meld together, creating a beautiful culture that leaps across centuries. I hope you're ready for a good time, so pull up a stool, grab a pint, and let's get started!

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Ireland_flag_pixel_by_kawaii_yellowluigi-d90w51o

Introduction

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Map_of_ireland

This proud country separated from Great Britain after a heinous famine and bloody civil war, declaring themselves a state in 1949. Since then, they have been known as the Republic of Ireland. Their capital is Dublin, a city famous for their beautiful buildings and pubs. Move as far west as you can get, and you reach Connemara, home of the Connemara mountains and beautiful, green Connemara marble. There's a bit of magic in every city, town, and village, and I hope to touch on a bit of everything!

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Ireland_flag_pixel_by_kawaii_yellowluigi-d90w51o

Religion

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Gundestrupkedlen-_00054_(cropped)

Ireland has always been steeped in magic. Ever since the Celts migrated into the British Isles and Europe, fantasy has been alive and kicking. The age of the Celts held the Druids, a class of scholars that were exceedingly spiritual. The Celts also introduced their gods to the land, bringing what is now known as paganism and natural spirituality. As the Roman Catholics of Europe began moving into Ireland (including the famous St. Patrick), the druidry and paganism of the time began to meld with Christian ideals, and soon the gods of old were reduced to fairies and spirits. Catholicism quickly overtook the land, quelling what would become witchcraft. Over time, with the influx of new cultures and sophisticated society, Protestantism entered Ireland, causing a rift between religions that would last to this day.

Geographical Information

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! 1-irish-countryside-edward-peterson

Much of Ireland is covered in lush green farmland, making it easy to see why it was dubbed the "Emerald Isle". The land was mostly used to farm their main crop of potato, but since the potato famine of 1845, the farms yield many different kinds of crop. Sheep are very common on the land, and they dot the countryside as they graze. Much of Ireland is also covered by swampy bogs, and while bogs can't be farmed, they do produce peat. Peat is hard-packed bog earth, and has been used for centuries as fuel for fires. Bricks of peat would be cut and sold in place of firewood, giving the home an earthy smell. Peat is still used today, but more often for special occasions. Like England, Ireland is very rainy, most of its days being wet. It seems to be a well-known fact that there are no snakes in Ireland. The traditional story is that, as a symbol of the devil, all of the snakes were driven out of the island and into the ocean by St. Patrick. The more scientific reason is that Ireland's climate is not fit for snakes, and the only reptile that lives on the isle is the common lizard. Personally, I like to believe it was St. Patrick.  Wink

Fun Facts!

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Xl-p-753-dublin-st-patricks-parade-smaller1

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g The two main languages of Ireland are English and Irish, with Irish being the official language, though it's the minority
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g The official flower of Ireland is the shamrock
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g St. Patrick's Day is more of an American holiday, traditionally a day to celebrate one's Irish heritage; however, that doesn't stop the real Irish from getting drunk and partying on that day, too!
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g Traditional Irish music utilizes the fiddle, the penny whistle, and a flat drum called a bodhran; these instruments come together to pull that traditional-sounding music
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g Pub culture is HUGE in Ireland; while it can get rowdy and rough, pub atmosphere is normally warm and friendly, most pub-goers being men fresh off their shifts
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g At the start of the 20th century, Ireland was producing 90% of the world's whiskey
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g Irish food mostly consists of starches, fish, and lots of alcohol; famous Irish foods include boxty (a type of potato pancake), Irish stew, shepherd's pie, soda bread, and colcannon (a dish of mashed potatoes and kale or cabbage)
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g Ireland's patron saints are St. Brigid, St. Columcille (column-keel), and St. Patrick
Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__gCéad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__gCéad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! Journalgraphic_shamrock_bullet_by_momma__g

Thanks for visiting Ireland!! Please take this beautiful stamp as a souvenir!

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! J0K9N8k

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Some music for your venture!)
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 2:07 pm

Some kin from Ireland visited my aunt in July and luckily I was there and talking to them in English !
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 2:22 pm

That''s so cool!!! Did you get to hear about some of their culture??
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 2:29 pm

No, but they said that they eat fast food everyday XD
Edit:I also sent the quiz answers!
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 2:59 pm

Bahaha!!
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 6:58 pm

thanks for the fun facts
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime16th September 2016, 7:33 pm

But of course!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 7:51 pm

Wonderful! I remember my mother was very proud of her Irish heritage and her favorite memory was going to Ireland with my grand-mother. Alas, my mother never was able to take me to Ireland before she passed, but I do hope to go one day and carry her with me in my heart.
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 8:05 pm

I'm also very proud of my Irish heritage. It goes a bit farther back, but my last name is Irish (Martin). I would definitely want to go, as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!   Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Céad míle fáilte rómhat go hÉirinn!! - Welcome to Ireland!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top