The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! Empty
PostSubject: Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!   Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! I_icon_minitime7th September 2016, 10:55 am

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! OK1l3jR
~~~The Republic of Croatia~~~
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 5QbuAXN
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! PBrwzd3
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwLocation: Adriatic Coast, South Eastern Europe (Geographic Coordinates: 45 10 N, 15 30 E)
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwBordering Countries: Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! Q9Vxsmm
Velebit, Croatia
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwTerrain: Diverse; low plains in the north; low mountains and highlands along the coastline
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwClimate: Continental (hot summers, cold winters), mountainous, and Mediterranean (dry summers, mild winters)
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! ZYR3s9C
Plitvice Lakes National Park
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwArea: 89,810 km2
Like a Star @ heaven Croatia is split into 21 counties.
Like a Star @ heaven Croatia has 1,246 different islands, but people only inhabit 66 of them.
Like a Star @ heaven There are eight national parks in Croatia – four on the sea and four within the continent.
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! NHbO9Ge
Ban Jelačić Square, Central Zagreb
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwCapital City: Zagreb
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwPopulation: There are about 4,500,000 people living in Croatia. The majority of them are Croats, but there are also a decent number of Serbs, Bosniaks, Italians, Romani, Albanians, Slovenes, Hungarians, Czechs, and Slovaks living in the country. There are about 800,000 residents in Zagreb alone.
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! IZGv3M1
Coastal city Dubrovnik
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwOfficial Language: Croatian
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwMost Commonly Spoken Foreign Languages: German, Italian, English
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! DkQtWTy
Croatian village of Brdovec on the outskirts of Zagreb.
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwMajor Religion: Roman Catholic
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwNatural Resources: Salt, gypsum, oil, bauxite, calcium, clays, low-grade iron ore, calcium, natural asphalt, silica, mica, hydropower
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! FmTh2Em
St. Mark's Church in Zagreb, Croatia
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwType of Government: Parliamentary Republic
    Like a Star @ heaven Croatia has a president and a prime minister.
    Like a Star @ heaven Croatian Parliament is called Sabor.

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! TTg90UN
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! ZD8NNn0
Croatian Currency
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwCurrency: Kuna (Abbreviation: kn; HRK)
    Like a Star @ heaven There are 100 lipa in one kuna.
    Like a Star @ heaven One kuna is equal to $ 0.15, and one lipa is equal to $0.0015.
    Like a Star @ heaven The kuna shares its name with the weasel-like mammal, the marten (kuna in Croatian). Marten pelts were used as a currency for trading in Medieval times.
    Like a Star @ heaven The lipa gets its name from the Croatian word for linden tree.
    Like a Star @ heaven Fun fact: One lipa coins still exist, but they are hard to come by. When I was living in Zagreb, my friend's roommate included a 1 lipa coin in one of her payments at the cafeteria. The cashier lifted it to her face, inspected it momentarily, and then threw it into the trash. That is how insignificant these things are. XD
    Like a Star @ heaven Fun fact: In Croatia, you do not have to pay the exact amount in cash for items from the store, just something close. XD Instead, you can round up or down depending on the price. For example, if something costs 18.28 kuna, you could give them 18.20, 18.25, or 18.30 instead. You also won't always get exact change back from a shopkeeper. Again, this is because of the lipa and its worthlessness. XD

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! WqH4FTa
Sign warning people about the danger of landmines in Velebit.
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwNatural hazards: Earthquakes, the Bura (Bora)
    Like a Star @ heaven Bura is the north to northeastern winds that can reach speeds of 220 km/hr (~137 mph) along the coastline during the winter.
    Like a Star @ heaven These coastal winds create very dangerous conditions for sailing, they can cause property damage (usually to roofs and trees), and can force officials to completely shut down roadways.

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwManmade hazards: Landmines and unexploded items, such as grenades, from the war that occurred over 20 years ago
    Like a Star @ heaven According to the Croatian Mine Action Center (CROMAC), there are about 476.2 km2 of mine suspected areas as of July 25th, 2016.
    Like a Star @ heaven This area covers 9 counties and affects 69 towns and municipalities.
    Like a Star @ heaven 86.8% of mine contaminated areas are forests and 12.9% are agricultural areas. The remaining .3% is for everything else.
    Like a Star @ heaven There are 14,040 signs posted throughout Croatia to warn people of landmines and suspected hazardous areas.
    Like a Star @ heaven If you are interested, CROMAC has an interactive map here: Interactive Landmine Map

~~~Fun Facts~~~
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! NDLeQh6
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwHayao Miyazaki's film Porco Rosso is set in Croatia along the Adriatic Coastline with inspiration from places like Vis, Dubrovnik, and Rijeka. Smile
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 20Bl1nV
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwDonald Curtis, the main antagonist of the movie bares the Civil flag of the Banovina of Croatia on his uniform.

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwPorco Rosso's hideout is based on Stiniva, a cove on the island of Vis.
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! LHWHhEH
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 1lhkB6z

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwOn the OST for Porco Rosso, セリビア行進曲 (Serbia March) is the name of one of the tracks. Like Croatia, Serbia was also part of the former Yugoslav Republic.

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwQuestion from Dr. Drago Stambuk, Ambassador of Croatia during Hayao Miyazaki's interview at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan in Tokyo:
Quote :
I would like to use this opportunity first to ask why you chose to use the backdrop of Croatia for your picture, though you didn't go to visit the country, and would also like to use this opportunity to invite you to visit Croatia...

Hayao Miyazaki's response:
Quote :
When I made the film Porco Rosso, the setting was in the Adriatic Sea. There were flying boat fighter planes that were used for that film, and yet in World War I, it was only the Italian and Austrian air forces that took advantage of such aircraft, so that gave us our setting. We thought that, because of the setting, it would be obvious that the hero would have some place to hide among the islands of Croatia. I didn't actually visit Croatia, so I stared at aerial shots of the country for so long that there must now be holes in those photographs. But I fear that, if I actually go there, it will be considerably different from what was depicted in the film.
I originally intended to create a relaxing film, but after we started production, the conflict in Yugoslavia began, and there was much attention focused on the bombings in Dubrovnik in Croatia. Our film ended up being heavier and gloomier in nature. However, I'd like to express my happiness at seeing the peaceful state that Croatia is now in.
(Source of interview: screenanarchy)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwFor those of you who are fans of Game of Thrones, did you know that the scenes for King's Landing were filmed in Dubrovnik, Croatia?
King's Landing:

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! MwyQKWO
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! WVW7H67
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 1o3sEux

Dubrovnik:

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! Q38NSxH
Razz Look familiar? Razz

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! QJ269oD
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! HVXdLqB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 1002-3
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! T8sfgGb
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwIn Tokyo there is a Croatian restaurant called Dobro. It is run by Satsuki Kawasaki who became fond of Croatia through soccer. After being fired from his original job, Kawasaki traveled from Tokyo to Croatia. There he spent time studying Croatian cuisine in detail with the idea of opening his own restaurant back home. During his stay he even found a Croatian cook from Zagorje for his restaurant. Smile Pretty neat, huh?
Dobro Official Website (In Japanese)
Inside of the Restaurant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! XhE1KZl
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwDalmatian dogs originated from Croatia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 4FDH79Y
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwThe boundary between the Earth's upper crust and mantle, known as the Moho or Mohorovičić Discontinuity, is named in honor of the Croatian seismologist Andrija Mohorovičić.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! 2joCQMn
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! M6FDPES
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwHum, Croatia is the world's smallest city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! RGqlwdc
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! GeOQSIh
Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwIn Zagreb, there is a museum called Muzej Prekinutih Veza (The Museum of Broken Relationships), which exhibits the tales and items from all kinds of ended relationships. The museum is unique in that it strives to give individuals a chance to cope with any emotions that may have been caused by their relationships. That being said, anybody is allowed to donate their stories (and associated items from the their broken relationship) to the museum's collection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwIn Croatia, the cities Vienna, Rome, and Venice are called by the names Beč, Rim, and Venicija respectively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! EQ2fauS

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwEvery day in the upper old town area of Zagreb, the fortified Lotrščak Tower fires its canon at noon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Discussion~~~
1. Have you ever been to Croatia? If yes, where did you go and what did you do?
2. To those who haven't been to Croatia, would you like to go some day?
3. Are there any specific places in Croatia that you would like to visit?

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! JQuqUtwIf you have any questions or comments about Croatia, feel free to post them in this thread! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!   Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 11:56 am

I had no idea GOT was filmed in parts of croatia. I now need to visit those sites if I ever get the money to actually travel.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!   Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 1:35 pm

Croatia  looks like a beautiful place. I would love to go.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!   Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dobro Došli u Hrvatsku! - Welcome to Croatia!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top