The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[help] coloring over plastic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

[help] coloring over plastic  Empty
PostSubject: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime24th August 2016, 2:58 pm

So as at thrift store, I got one of those western belts with the gun holster. The Holsters come off, so I can put it on my own belt, but the only thing is it's brown and my belt is black. I've tried this paint i have, which is a craft paint that is muilt. use but it dose not cover well, I have also tried color over in permit. marker then painting over that. but the hoster have a design in it and getting the marker in all the spots might be hard.

is there a paint that works with plastic?
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime24th August 2016, 3:08 pm

Hi, Sailor Swifty! Yes, there are paints that work on plastic, but the paint you will want to buy will depend on the type of plastic surface that you are trying to cover. Is the plastic you are referring to pleather (/vinyl)? Also would you be able to take a picture of the belt/holster so that I get an idea of the surface you need to cover? Thanks![help] coloring over plastic  1955989781
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime24th August 2016, 3:33 pm

I have no idea what it is made of, it looks like it was on of those cheap kid toy ones. and it had no tag on it.

[help] coloring over plastic  Can10
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime24th August 2016, 3:58 pm

It looks like it's probably some sort of vinyl, but here are a few more questions just to be sure. [help] coloring over plastic  3884866259

1. The part on the right side on your image folds over to attach the holster to the belt, right? Is the material kinda flexible?

2. And are the stitches along the edges actual stitches or are they just indents?

If yes, then I would recommend Angelus Brand Acrylic Leather Paint and a bottle of Angelus Acrylic Finisher to apply over the coat of paint once it has dried. Although Angelus paint is marketed for leather, it adheres very well to vinyl and pleather (faux leather). Smile It comes in many different colors and has very good coverage.

To achieve the best results with this brand of paint, I suggest the following:
1. Wiping down the holster with a little rubbing alcohol to remove any dust before you paint. (If there is different paint on the holster, use some acetone to remove it.)
2. Painting with a foam brush to minimize the appearance of streaks.
3. **It may also be a good idea to test out the paint on a piece that you are not planning on using for your cosplay, just to make sure it will adhere correctly. I don't think you have to worry about this, but sometimes if the surface you are trying to paint has a silicone finish to it, the paint won't stick right. Angelus makes a product to remove silicone finishes as well.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime29th August 2016, 10:11 am

I tried the color over with perm. marker first and then took this muilt. surface paint. this is how it turned out. i might still look into the plastic paint, i sometimes get coupons from joanna fabrics and michelle's that might be a good time to get the paint and use it on the other one

[help] coloring over plastic  14141610

[help] coloring over plastic  14199710
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [help] coloring over plastic    [help] coloring over plastic  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[help] coloring over plastic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top