The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Help] Belt Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime8th August 2016, 8:02 pm

I need some tips on turning these belts into something more. the white one, i want to make like Leia's i just need something to add on the belt. it dosen't have to be the same shape. the Black one, i want something to put on the front like Hans and then i needed something to be like a holster. it can be just the strap parts that go around the leg.  so i put arrows on the things i want to add to the belts.

[Help] Belt Help 13932710

[Help] Belt Help Smaple10

[Help] Belt Help 13906811

[Help] Belt Help Exampl10
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime8th August 2016, 8:16 pm

Oooh! Nice! I like that you are working on Star Wars cosplays right now! Very Happy

I would like to clarify a few things first before offering some suggestions for your belt projects: Is your white belt made of cloth or pleather? And is the black one pleather? It's a bit hard to tell from the pictures and I want to make sure that we're helping you come up with ideas for the right types of material. Smile Also did you have a specific budget in mind?
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime8th August 2016, 8:25 pm

the white one is cloth. the black one i think is cloth but a diffrent kind then the white one. as for budget, as of now, i'd go on the cheaper side, but if i can't find it cheap, I'd hold off untill i can find a full time job and then spend a bit more on it.

There is no Due Date for when i need it.

(speaking of star wars... there is a star wars maifa just looking for players)
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime9th August 2016, 9:46 am

Okay! Here are my thoughts for making the decorative pieces to attach to the belt. You'll definitely want something flexible like craft foam. It comes in a lot of colors, but if you wanted to make it a metallic/silver color you could buy a small bottle or two of Acrylic paint (I personally recommend FolkArt for metallic paint, but DecoArt or Americana work just as well). If you are concerned about paint rubbing off onto clothes or other parts of the costume, you could purchase a can of acrylic matte (or gloss, depending on how shiny you want the pieces to look when done) sealant/finish. For the metal circles, you could buy something similar to those round plastic glue-on gems. I've seen glue-on silver circles before, but I'm not sure what they are called. I think they are usually next to the craft foam and/or the gems or feather boas in stores. If you are planning to glue the pieces on, you will want a strong, glue that bonds to fabric/foam and dries flexible. The chemicals in some glues are not kind to foam, so it is always a good idea to read reviews online beforehand.

Not sure how thick the belts are, but if you're looking for a more permanent option you could always go the sewing route and purchase a metallic non-stretch fabric, fold/iron the rough edges under, quickly tack them down with a few basting stitches by hand, and then top stitch the pieces onto the belt. You would need polyester thread for this since it offers more stretch to the seams, and if you use a sewing machine you would need to buy a pack of heavy duty needles (assuming the belt isn't too thick for the machine).
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime9th August 2016, 1:34 pm

they are pretty thick. but i did find a way to get the holster straps. take another belt and hook it on the belt part, then close the belt and just warp it around my leg, i think i can use velcron for the lower look to keep it from coming undone,

gems do some like a good idea for the round parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Help] Belt Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Help] Belt Help   [Help] Belt Help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Help] Belt Help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top