The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!   Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! I_icon_minitime29th May 2016, 9:22 am

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! J1Ht75J

Welcome everyone to our Artists, Graphics and Cosplay guilds!~
Here is your go-to place to improve your artistic skills whether it is graphics or cosplay!
Before you continue with your artistic journey, there are a few things you need to keep in mind, please click the links bellow to read everything you need to know.

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! OyeQGPq
Click one of the following images and they will take you where you want to go

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! UegM1jG
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! HmP7OVK
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! JzEW7X1
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! OhWUiNA
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! G7kce0E
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! NAciNQl
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 84PIl3Z
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 4ZAxoYx
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! UbbHA5B

If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the Artists, Graphics and Cosplay guilds please PM Sailor Venus and I will gladly answer within the next 24 hours ^_^.

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 13th June 2016, 5:19 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!   Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! I_icon_minitime29th May 2016, 9:23 am

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! VovZwLI

1. Be kind and respectful to the other guild members
We are all a family here and we are all here to learn from one another. We would like a safe environment for all to share. Please keep in mind the GC Rules and CoC when posting.

2.Do not post something that is not your creation
Do not use somebody else's art and claim it as your own. That is not fair to the original artist(s) and creates unneeded drama. Similarly, do not post a cosplay and claim it is you, if in fact it isn't.

3.All Artists Rules apply to this guild
That means certain things can and can't be displayed here. Please refer to the rules of the artists section to read up on those.

4. Please accurately title and tag your thread
Please tag your thread depending on its content. To learn more about it please check How'to's information.

5. Any type of graphics & cosplays are allowed here!
You work does not just have to be of the Sailor Moon fandom! Feel free to display graphics & cosplays of any kind.

6. Do NOT bash anyone for race, sexuality, or weight issues. We are not here to judge others.

7. Constructive Criticism
We welcome constructive criticism here, not "plain-old" criticism because it is more faultfinding than helpful. Please be mindful of this! The artist is allowed to choose if they want others to give constructive criticism to their work. If you want to know more information about how to give constructive criticism please click here.

8. Member Issues
If you have a problem with a certain member, please do not take action in a thread in the guild. Please, politely PM them on what worries you and if the situation spirals out of control, please send a detailed message to either of your Guild Leader, Sailor Venus

9. Thread Logging
All tutorials, resources, Q&A's, classes, etc. will be logged in several threads depending on what you are looking for:

1. Artists & Graphics Resource Index Thread ~ Your go to place to find all resources regarding Arts & Graphics.
  2. Artists & Graphics Index Thread ~ All your questions and their answers, help, discussions and miscellaneous will be compiled here.
  3. Classes, Workshops & Tutorials Index Thread ~ The place for compilation of all tutorials done specially for this forum also all classes and workshops.
  4. Cosplay Index Thread ~ Your go to place to find all questions with their answers, discussions, help, resources and miscelaneous.

All tutorials and resources will be properly credited to the maker. If you'd like to submit a resource site feel free to message Sailor Venus.

10. Have fun! - why yes, this is required.

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 14th June 2016, 6:35 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!   Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! I_icon_minitime29th May 2016, 9:23 am

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! AWVQbO4

Tags

List of available tags (please contact Sailor Venus if you want to/need to add more!)

How To Title Your Thread

Titling your thread helps organize the group and makes it easier for the Guild Leaders to put threads in the Guild Thread Index.

Tutorial Thread

Title: Tutorial: {name of what you're teaching}
Art & Graphics Example: [Tutorial] How to make GIFs
Cosplay Example: [Tutorial] How to make your own wig

Critique Request

Title: Critique wanted: {cosplay/art/graphic}
* Note: Please state in the OP what you're looking for within a person's critique. Once you feel as if you've received enough constructive criticism, contact your guild leaders to lock your critique thread.
Art & Graphics Example: [Critique Wanted] Manga coloring
Cosplay Example: [Critique Wanted] Sailor Venus Cosplay

Resource Thread

Title: Resource(s): {brushes for X program, textures, etc.}
Art & Graphics Example: [Resources] Photoshop Brushes
Cosplay Example: [Resources] Cosplay Inspirations

Contests

Title: Contest: {name of contest}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Contest] Last Icon Maker Standing
Cosplay Example: [Contest] Halloween Cosplay Contest

Challenges

Title: Challenge: {name of challenge}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Challenge] 100 icons challenge
Cosplay Example: [Challenge] Villain Costume Challenge

Classes

Title: Class: {name of class}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Class] {your name}'s Header Class
Cosplay Example: [Class] {your name}'s Cosplay Class

Game

Title: Game: {name of game}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Game] Say something about the signature above you
Cosplay Example: [Game] Guess that cosplay

Help

Title: Help: {issue}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Help] How do I resize this image?
Cosplay Example: [Help] How to make odango wigs?

Discussion

Title: Discussion: {Topic}
Art & Graphics Example:: [Discussion] What's your strength in graphic making?
Cosplay Example: [Discussion] Cosplay Cons

Misc

For everything else that doesn't fit in the above categories!

How To Take A Screen Shot

PC wrote:
PrtSc (print screen)
Then go to paint or photoshop and paste it there!
Mac wrote:
Command + Shift + 3

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 14th June 2016, 6:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!   Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! I_icon_minitime29th May 2016, 10:45 am

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! WxaYusK

What is constructive criticism?
Here are some definitions:

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 2393257330 Is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 2393257330 Criticism: The act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 2393257330 The act or art of analyzing and evaluating or judging the quality of a literary or artistic work, musical performance, art exhibit, dramatic production, etc. 
Here are some examples of good and bad criticism 

Example: Hey everybody! I'd like somebody to critique my graphic art for this little thing I'm working on! Any help is appreciated! I'd like you guys to state improvements I could do and any little tips and tricks that can make this piece better!
{insert piece of art}

Here a good example on good constructive criticism wrote:
Your art looks very lovely! I love how you used texture in this edit and it did it justice! I think if you added a bit more vibrance and tone down the brightness, it will look even more spectacular!

Here's an example on bad criticism wrote:
Ehhh.. It's ok? It's super bright though and it's hurting my eyes. And why are the colors so dull?

Example: Hey everybody! I'd like somebody to critique my cosplay for an upcoming contest! Any help is appreciated! I'd like you guys to state improvements I could do and any little tips and tricks that can make this piece better!

{insert piece of art}

Here a good example on good constructive criticism wrote:
Your cosplay looks very lovely! I love how you used texture in the skirt and it did it justice! I think if you added a better boot cover and tone down the sparkles, it will look even more spectacular!

Here's an example on bad criticism wrote:
Ehhh.. It's ok? Maybe it would look better with some major photoshop? You should find some better shoes and waaay too much sparkles. It looks like a unicorn threw up on you. Less sparkles and better fabric. You have a lot of work ahead of you.

Having that in mind, here are some examples and tips that I found on the internet about constructive criticism.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 4011577294 Use the Feedback Sandwich method.
The feedback sandwich method is a popular method of giving constructive criticism. It is often used in Toastmasters and in the corporate environment. A simple name I’ve given for the feedback sandwich is PIP, which stands for Positive-Improvement-Positive.
You start off by focusing on the strengths—what you like about the item in question. Then, you provide the criticism—things you didn’t like; the areas of improvement. Lastly, you round off the feedback with (a) a reiteration of the positive comments you gave at the beginning and (b) the positive results that can be expected if the criticism is acted upon.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 4011577294 Be specific with your feedback.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 4011577294 Comment on things which can be acted upon.
The whole point of giving feedback is to help the person improve.
Hence, you want to talk about things which the person can do something about, rather than things which are outside of his/her control. Critiquing on the former makes your criticism constructive; critiquing on the latter just makes the person feel bad because he/she can’t do anything about it, even if he/she wants to. While you can make points on latter especially if they are very crucial, balance things out by talking about things he/she can control.
Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! 4011577294Give recommendations on how to improve.
When all is said and done, it helps to give recommendations on what the person can do to improve. Firstly, your recommendations will tie up your critique in a nice bow. Everyone has varying perspectives, which means every critique can be interpreted in different ways. Giving your recommendations will give the person a clear idea of what you have in mind. Secondly, giving recommendations provide a strong call-to-action. You want the person to take action on what you have shared, rather than procrastinate.
When giving recommendations, it helps (a) to be specific about the recommendations and (b) to briefly explain the rationale behind the recommendation.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!   Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Artists, Graphics & Cosplay Guild!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top