The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Salutations and good evening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

Salutations and good evening Empty
PostSubject: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 12:14 am

I'm always so nervous over introductions. Hello everyone and good day. I usually go by the nickname Shiny and I am very pleased to meet all of you. I am currently 26 and residing in Alabama, although I am going to be schooling in Nevada in a couple of months where I will be taking Foreign Language, majoring in Japanese and minoring in Korean.

I've been a fan of Sailor Moon ever since I started watching it on TV back in 1995/1996. It will always be one of my very favorites stories and I love meeting fans of it. Since then I have enjoyed many different anime and manga, but I am currently really big into Tokusatsu (like PGSM, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider & Ultraman) and Japanese Drama's. I like to cosplay, rp, write stories, draw, play video games... oh, and bake, even if it seems out of place in that listing.

It's very nice to meet you all, as I have said, and so feel free to ask me any questions you may wish! Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 5:17 am

Nice to meet you Shiny! I hope you will enjoy it a lot with us Moonies here on GC!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 7:37 am

Hey Shiny! Welcome aboard!!

I see you like writing and RP... do we have the sections for you Wink ! What have you cosplayed so far?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 8:27 am

Thank you both!

I have cosplayed many things, but no Sailor Moon yet, which is sad. My roommate has proposed that she and I one year do Black Lady and Nehelenia. I am rather excited to try that one.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 8:29 am

!! That would be epic! Or Black Lady and Mistress 9 - Chibi-Usa + Hotaru, BAMF style.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 8:32 am

Oh, that sounds like an exciting cosplay. I hope you guys get the chance to do it.

And, as Kyralih mentioned, we do have a section for writers and a separate section for role-playing. Incase you want to check it out, I'll link both below. We have a ton of fabulous writing on here and I would love to see your writing added to the ranks. Oh, you like to draw? We have a section for that, too!

Creativity Corner (Writers and Artists and Miscellaneous Media)
Welcome to the Role-Playing Boards!

Also, out of curiosity, what does your screen name mean?
Back to top Go down
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 8:38 am

Haha, maybe if I'm able to get our third roommate to finally watch Sailor Moon, I can get her to be Mistress 9 and complete us.

Thank you for the links! My screen name comes from one of my OC's that I've made. It's Greek for "Not to be survived".
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 9:03 am

Welcome aboard, Shiny! I'm always curious (and impressed) when someone decides to study a foreign language! As such, I'm interested to know what has led you to major in Japanese and minor in Korean. Do you have previous proficiency in either language?

Thank you for indulging my academic curiosity!
Back to top Go down
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 9:53 am

My father was in the military when I was a child and this led to us living in Hawaii for four years. While I was there, Japanese and Hawaiian was taught to all grades as their extra languages. When we moved back over to the mainland in when I found Sailor Moon and a love for the Japanese culture, so I just never stopped learning the language, even if on my own.

Korean is a recent interest of mine. I have been taking interest in Korean media and culture lately, not to mention many Korean friends and acquaintances. Even in it is not my central focus, I've found that learning at least a conversational level of Korean would be very useful to me.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 10:33 am

Welcome to GC, Abios!

You certainly have quite the background with the Japanese language, don't you? I am curious, how long have you been studying it total?

It's nice to have another RPer and author here, though. I think you'll feel right at home in a few days. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 12:51 pm

Welcome to the GC! I love how you're av and signature compliment mine. Hehe. ^^ Also, very cool that you are learning both Japanese and Korean. I've known only a few korean people, one was a teacher,and one was a girl I tutored for a while. Both very interesting. I remember the girl being very adorable too. XD She was in high school.

Anyway, good luck with your studies and I hope you enjoy the GC. Smile
Back to top Go down
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 1:50 pm

Welcome!

I majored in Japanese in college, and took exactly one class in Korean before I gave up and quit. Hangul is so tricky!

Good luck with your studies, and welcome to the forums! <3
Back to top Go down
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 1:53 pm

Welcome to the forum, Shiny Very Happy

I also majored in Japanese in college ^__^ I wish you the best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 2:13 pm

Thank you everyone!

I would say I've been studying it a long time (2 decades with a lot of down time here and there?), But the truth of it ... I'm unsure about. This will be the first time I am formally studying it since elementary school.

I am hoping to get the hang of Korean! I've been studying Hangeul on my own, hoping to at least get a handle on it before going in formally.
Back to top Go down
MoonFanatics
Lotus Crystal

MoonFanatics

Lotus Crystal

Title : Judy (Moon Fanatics)

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 5:13 pm

Hi Shiny! Welcome to the GC forums, enjoy your stay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://moonfanatics.tumblr.com http://moonfanatics.tumblr.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 7:54 pm

Hallo, dear! Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron! I hope that you enjoy your time with us here! I must say that your avi and siggy are absolutely gorgeous. Very Happy

That is so awesome that you have studied both Japanese and Korean - they are my favorite two languages. Do you have one that you prefer over the other? If so, why?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Abios
Star Seed

Abios

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime25th January 2012, 9:18 pm

Thank you very much! I always end up worrying about how my graphics turn out looking.

I definitely prefer Japanese. I've been studying it longer and am far more familiar with it, Even if Hangeul is easier than remembering Kanji.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 3:28 pm

You made those?? They are gorgeous! Do you have other graphics that you have made? I would love to see them. Smile

My friend (who is Korean) was trying to convince me that Hangeul is easier to understand than hiragana and katakana but it just seams harder to me! They all look the same, as opposed to hiragana which is all so different and easier to tell apart. But compared to kanji, I am sure that Korean is MUCH easier. Lol.

I would love to speak Korean though, I think it is the most beautiful to listen to.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forum Abios
Another who's interested in Japanese and you're the first I've seen who's studying Korean.
I, myself, would love to study Korean if it were offered in my school but, unfortunately, it isn't.
I just love seeing other people enjoy learning foreign languages
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and good evening   Salutations and good evening I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salutations and good evening

View previous topic View next topic Back to top