The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Empty
PostSubject: How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?   How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 9:33 pm

This came up in another thread in relation to Sailor Saturn and Mistress 9's promo art:

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? 13140882_10154851516683275_2095716731_n

I can live with Mistess 9's design, but I have to admit that I'm not totally keen on this new Sailor Saturn design. Something about her face and head doesn't match up with the proportions of her body. Saturn seems to undergo the most character design reinterpretations based on all the pieces of promo art we've seen featuring her. 

I suspect that this won't be the official art featured in the series for a few reasons:

1) The Maboroshi no Ginzuisho has consistently been depicted with CGI in transparent form (with minor exceptions).

2) This Saturn doesn't match with this one:

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Sailor_moon_crystal_infinity_arc_opening_sailor_saturn

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Df0778add1b77eb8982d5bb146fdc9ef

3) Her earrings aren't present in the promo art.

4) We don't see her crystal brooch and choker. 

5) She looks much younger and less determined than she does in the images of point no. 2.

Now I'm a bit confused on the stone in her tiara.

The 90s anime made it white, but the manga appears to have it be purple.

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Latest?cb=20101025143332&path-prefix=de

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Tumblr_loahlqOc6r1qiw26m

Now I'm curious as to who awakened.

Was it Silver Millennium Saturn, or was it Hotaru?

Mistress 9 had destroyed Hotaru's body by that point, and as awesome as regrouping her flesh might sound, I'm not so sure that's what happened. Note the dramatic age difference present between the two:

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Saturn 

Perhaps this is why we are never granted an official henshin for Saturn? Maybe she didn't henshin at all, but rather awoke materialized as Sailor Saturn. Perhaps Hotaru only ever really becomes Sailor Saturn when she goes Super and Eternal in Dreams and the Stars Arc. :O
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Deathscythe

Star Seed

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?   How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 10:16 pm

I know this isn't the point of the thread, but since I can't find the thread where that promo art was posted, I gotta ask: what is up with them intentionally having Mistress 9 lifting Saturn's skirt?
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?   How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 8:24 am

This is the thread:

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t11761p420-news-update-infinity-arc-to-premiere-april-4th-2016#347174
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?   How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How close has Crystal followed the manga, and what have they added that is original, or from other SM sources?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top