The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 12:32 pm

Today I got to thinking whether Nehelenia might very well have been the original Queen of the Moon under Chaos who was banished to the Moon's interior/dark side.

This came to mind on the basis of her having been present at the time prior to Usagi's birth wherein she seems to know Queen Serenity from a time before Silver Millenium. Likewise, the arc itself is alternatively called the Dead Moon Arc which gives credence to the possibility that she may have reigned over a more malevolent Moon Kingdom in relation to the Earth, whereby mortal men lived in fear of the inhabitants of the Moon (which would explain the uprising during Silver Millennium. Metallia sought to get revenge for Nehelenia being banished and sealed away.). 

However, what struck me was that Nehelenia was able to enter Elysium undetected. Some part of me suspects that at one time or another she had a unique relationship to the people of Earth which so allowed her that sort of access. After all, how did she manage to awaken the Amazon senshi from the future, or know of their presence?

Barring her having been the previous ruler of the Moon, it would be nice to learn that she was the former advisor to Queen Serenity from a race of beings who lived in a world of mirrors. This would explain why she was as skilled in creating glamours and other illusions.  I also like the idea of her alternatively being a relative of Mamoru's, but that would only further complicate things.
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 12:49 pm

I've heard a lot of different theories for Nehelannia and I have not disliked a single one yet.

I like this idea now too!

I've never heard of a theory of being possibly related to Mamoru. Can I hear more about that because I can't seem to wrap my head around it?
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 4:35 pm

Well I've never quite given it much thought, it was just what came to mind when I was typing out my response.

She bears some sort of resemblance to Mamoru, so perhaps she was once intended to be the Mistress of Elysium, but that changed with the birth of Usagi? I wanted to suggest that she might be Mamoru's mother, but I don't think that works given that I believe we're meant to infer that Mamoru was born in the same way that Serenity was, by virtue of the Golden Crystal's wielder's (Helios) desire. So that really only leaves the possibility that she may be some sort of relative of his who ruled in Elysium and thus knew of, or was the rightful heir (once upon a time) of the Amazon senshi.

She's based off of Nehalennia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalennia

What other theories have you seen going around concerning her?
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 4:55 pm

Hhmmmm....

So she came from a distant place like Queen Serenity... but could she be refering to a far off time?

She resembles Mamoru and Chibiusa.

Maybe, she is Chibiusa and Helios's daughter from a far off future that some how got trapped and lost within the mirrors, ending up traveling into the far past and into the silver millennium where she meets her Great Grandmother and ends up cursing her Grandmother unknowingly.

It was hinted at that she became enamored with Helios. 

It would be similar to her 'mother' since chibiusa had a crush on Mamoru.

It would explain how she knew about the Asteroid Senshi that aren't supposed to wake up until Chibiusa completed her Senshi training and went back to Crystal Tokyox nearly 1000 years later.

This would make the family bonds make sense.

She is related to the moon as we see her crescent moons and she is related to the earth, not through dreams but nightmares. Her father being influenced by dreams.

I really like this!

Last edited by Luna Love on 10th May 2016, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 6:47 pm

It really depends on the version. For the manga, I thought she was the mirror opposite of Queen Serenity. like a shadow of the light. Basically Queen Serenity ruled the kingdom of the white moon (Full) while Nehellenia ruled her own kingdom of the dark moon (New) which was probably sealed away with her when she attacked the Silver Millenium, and became the Dead Moon Circus. She was freed by an intense Solar Eclipse, which is only possible when the moon is in its new phase, and the darkness was strong enough for her to inflict her will on Earth and Elysion.

Last edited by magic713 on 10th May 2016, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 7:15 pm

The manga never goes into detail so it's up for speculation.

It's implied that neither Queen Serenity or nehelannia were from the solar system/time.

Queen Serenity is the one who sealed her away and she managed to break free during the eclipse in the present from that seal. 

She was sealed when Princess Serenity was still just a baby and she only became free after they were all reborn and had already been fighting for such a long time in the present.

It was explored more in the anime but it was implied in the manga she used mirrors to move between dimensions. 

This ability could have helped her further the power to eventually fully break free of the seal but I don't remember if the details were said about how she broke the seal...

MIND TWISTER! Maybe...

Am I remembering correctly here or not... but did the manga at one point imply they hid from the sun or some kind of celestial body's sight? Someones sight?

Can someone scan the page if its there?
Back to top Go down
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

Title : TITAN SOLDIER OF STARS AND DESTINY! SAILOR CRONUS!

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime18th December 2016, 10:14 pm

Hey-- Did you know your theory is featured in an article on another website? 

http://www.thethings.com/15-mind-blowing-sailor-moon-fan-theories-that-will-make-you-say-whoa/11/

I noticed your name and thought the odds of someone else sharing your name AND a connection to Sailor Moon community seemed kinda low, so I Googled your opening line to see if it would lead me back to GC, and sure enough... Wink

I don't remember what led me to the thought, but I was originally under the impression that Serenity Sr and Nehelenia were sisters... making Nehelenia as Serenity Jr's aunt. And I just figured the moon was properly partitioned into two kingdoms-- then going by the sister theory, maybe Serenity felt kind of guilty being a queen if her sister couldn't, and so partitioned the kingdom, but then Nehelenia just felt she got the short end of the stick.

I've also considered that Jr might be the love child between Sr and-- the man Nehelenia was in love with! Dun dun DUNNNN!  D:

Edit: Oh this isn't the only theory from GC. I didn't check the others, and I'm actually not finished reading the article, but the next one is from here. 

Edit 2: Okay yeah, there were a handful from here, lol. 
Back to top Go down
http://tssc-manga.weebly.com https://www.deviantart.com/enfpurplekitti
Crescent.Moon.Rose
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime23rd December 2016, 12:03 am

"maybe Serenity felt kind of guilty being a queen if her sister couldn't, and so partitioned the kingdom, but then Nehelenia just felt she got the short end of the stick."

This would actually go along with the Roman mythology where Zeus ruled Mount Olympus but his brother,   Hades, was given the Underworld to rule and Hades always resented his brother for doing that. We all know how heavily based Sailor Moon is in Roman/Greek mythology.
Back to top Go down
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

Title : TITAN SOLDIER OF STARS AND DESTINY! SAILOR CRONUS!

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime11th January 2017, 8:24 am

Crescent.Moon.Rose wrote:
"maybe Serenity felt kind of guilty being a queen if her sister couldn't, and so partitioned the kingdom, but then Nehelenia just felt she got the short end of the stick."

This would actually go along with the Roman mythology where Zeus ruled Mount Olympus but his brother,   Hades, was given the Underworld to rule and Hades always resented his brother for doing that. We all know how heavily based Sailor Moon is in Roman/Greek mythology.
That... actually DOES make a whole lot of sense. I hadn't thought about that. 
Back to top Go down
http://tssc-manga.weebly.com https://www.deviantart.com/enfpurplekitti
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime11th January 2017, 11:21 am

I hadn't really given this much thought, but I like the idea of Nehellenia's knowledge and manipulation of Helios being related somehow to a bond she might have with the Earth. If only we knew more about Elysion, particularly when it comes to entering that realm and causing any warnings/etc.

I also like your mention, Crescent.Moon.Rose, referencing Greco-Roman mythology for the relationship between Nehellenia and Serenity and mirror Zeus/Jupiter and Hades/Pluto. That's an excellent point!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?   [Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Is Nehelenia the old ruler of the Moon and Earth?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top