The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi, I'm new here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Title : 私たちになりたくて♥

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 5:49 pm

Hello, everyone! My name is Marty but you can call me Cheers or Cheery, if it's easier to remember. I'm so happy to finally run across such a gorgeous and dedicated forum community for Sailor Moon! This fandom is one of my favourite communities and I've always admired how kind everyone in the fandom is towards each other.

My favourite Sailor Moon characters are Saturn, Uranus, and Chibi Moon, but honestly I don't think there's a single character in the series that I could really dislike. I think Usagi is one of the most gorgeous and kind female characters I've ever encountered, and she's kind of my role model despite her not being as much of my favourite character as Saturn is.

I accidentally wrote several paragraphs about my interests so you can skip this if you'd like.:

I've browsed this forum a bit and I would absolutely love to make avatars and signatures, so you might see me opening up a premade/request shop at some point in the future~

Even if we don't have a lot in common, please feel free to talk to me any time!

Hi, I'm new here! 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 6:07 pm

Welcome to the forums! I'm Andi (Ena, Lus, Anda, or whatever you end up calling me)!

...YOU LOVE DISCOVERING AND COLLECTING OBSCURE EUROPEAN 80s MUSIC!? xD Yesssssssssss...
We are going to get along, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 6:17 pm

Welcome!! we're glad you found us!! Hi, I'm new here! 1955989781

I love the fact you can do graphics!! yay more people who can participate on contest i can wait to see what you can do!! =D.

Saturn is my fave outer senshi!! also, did you saw the live action? have you seen any musical?
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 6:52 pm

Andalusite wrote:
Welcome to the forums! I'm Andi (Ena, Lus, Anda, or whatever you end up calling me)!

...YOU LOVE DISCOVERING AND COLLECTING OBSCURE EUROPEAN 80s MUSIC!? xD Yesssssssssss...
We are going to get along, my friend.
Nice to meet you, Andi! <3

Obscure European 80s music is totally my life. ;u; If you ever need a certain type of song for any reason just come and find me because I have a massive library and I can find just about anything!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 6:55 pm

Oh hai!! Another MST3K FAN! I don't run across those often enough. xD Me and my fiance love MST3K and we keep up with all the Rifftrax stuff too.

Quote :
I have a huge library of music from Sailor Moon that I've been working on since I was about 14 or so.

I have one of those too. xD If you need help finding things, let me know! I also have a ridiculous amount of SM media downloaded (i have a 1TB external hard drive dedicated to just SM. lololol..../isnottotallyobsessedoranything)

Welcome to the forums! Poke around and if you got any questions let me know! My pm box is always open. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 6:57 pm

Haine wrote:

I love the fact you can do graphics!! yay more people who can participate on contest i can wait to see what you can do!! =D.

Saturn is my fave outer senshi!! also, did you saw the live action? have you seen any musical?
I'm glad I found you too!! Very Happy

I'm not much of a contest person but I love goofing around in Photoshop. I'm making a few starting avis for my premades shop as we speak~ I also made my current signature and did the crop of my avatar!

Saturn is amazing, she's like a daughter to me. ;u; I haven't seen PGSM or Myu but I plan to! I've been battling my attention span lately, but I'll likely start PGSM before Crystal since I'd like to go in order or release. And I need to do both soon because I'm highly anticipating the new Crystal.
Back to top Go down
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 7:00 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Oh hai!! Another MST3K FAN! I don't run across those often enough. xD Me and my fiance love MST3K and we keep up with all the Rifftrax stuff too.

Quote :
I have a huge library of music from Sailor Moon that I've been working on since I was about 14 or so.

I have one of those too. xD If you need help finding things, let me know! I also have a ridiculous amount of SM media downloaded (i have a 1TB external hard drive dedicated to just SM. lololol..../isnottotallyobsessedoranything)

Welcome to the forums! Poke around and if you got any questions let me know! My pm box is always open. Smile
Aw me either!! I haven't gotten around to Rifftrax yet but I'm in the process of watching all the MST eps from the very beginning. Seasons 0 and 1 are really not that great, but I'm looking forward to 2-5 because I love Joel and haven't seen as much of him as I have of Mike.

I need to get me one of those hard drives! I have 2 500MB ones, but one is dedicated completely to just music, and the other is programs, photos, movies/shows, etc. It's a hot mess. I've been a pretty dedicated patron of sailormusic since I was 13 or 14, but I'll let you know if I need help finding an episode or something else!

Thank you for the warm welcome! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 7:07 pm

The Cheers wrote:
Obscure European 80s music is totally my life. ;u; If you ever need a certain type of song for any reason just come and find me because I have a massive library and I can find just about anything!
Same! xD And weird 90s Eurotrash. I have a TON of weird 80s and 90s Eurotrash from the Balkans. xD

Is there a specific country that is your absolute favorite when it comes to obscure 80s music?
Back to top Go down
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 7:20 pm

Andalusite wrote:
The Cheers wrote:
Same! xD And weird 90s Eurotrash. I have a TON of weird 80s and 90s Eurotrash from the Balkans. xD

Is there a specific country that is your absolute favorite when it comes to obscure 80s music?
I do love bizarre 90s European techno a lot! One of my two favourite songs of all time is Quadrophonia by the group of the same name. It's such a strange song and I adore it.

Honestly there's really no specific country whose music I like more than the others. I have 80s stuff even from places like Tajikistan (while not European was still Soviet at the time!). However one of my top favourite styles of 80s music is Italo Disco, which (obviously) originates from Italy, so I'd go with either Italy or maybe Germany if I did have to pick a favourite.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 7:34 pm

The Cheers wrote:
Haine wrote:

I'm not much of a contest person but I love goofing around in Photoshop. I'm making a few starting avis for my premades shop as we speak~ I also made my current signature and did the crop of my avatar!

Saturn is amazing, she's like a daughter to me. ;u; I haven't seen PGSM or Myu but I plan to! I've been battling my attention span lately, but I'll likely start PGSM before Crystal since I'd like to go in order or release. And I need to do both soon because I'm highly anticipating the new Crystal.

Aww! well we have a few contests over the year, i'm sure you'll find one that you can participate ^_^

Btw, we have livestreams on fridays, and i believe we're showing PGSM but i'm afraid the episodes are around 20 something, but still you can watch them with some of us, is pretty fun ^_^ i think today we're showing Card Captor Sakura. you can join the livestream club and get notifications on the next livestream =)
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 7:38 pm

The Cheers wrote:

I do love bizarre 90s European techno a lot! One of my two favourite songs of all time is Quadrophonia by the group of the same name. It's such a strange song and I adore it.

Honestly there's really no specific country whose music I like more than the others. I have 80s stuff even from places like Tajikistan (while not European was still Soviet at the time!). However one of my top favourite styles of 80s music is Italo Disco, which (obviously) originates from Italy, so I'd go with either Italy or maybe Germany if I did have to pick a favourite.
xD Oh yes, Italo Disco ftw! xD I tried to find the Quadrophonia one on YT, but wasn't sure if it was the right video or not.

What is an example of an 80s song from Tajikistan? I don't think I have ever heard music from that country before. Razz

*throws a random video at you* All I am going to say is Blümchen. There is no other explanation for this MV. lmao
Back to top Go down
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 9:48 pm

Haine wrote:
The Cheers wrote:
Haine wrote:

Aww! well we have a few contests over the year, i'm sure you'll find one that you can participate ^_^

Btw, we have livestreams on fridays, and i believe we're showing PGSM but i'm afraid the episodes are around 20 something, but still you can watch them with some of us, is pretty fun ^_^ i think today we're showing Card Captor Sakura. you can join the livestream club and get notifications on the next livestream =)
To be honest streams don't usually work very well on my computer as of lately. I'm actually surprised the old bucket of bolts can actually run Photoshop AND Google Chrome without crashing. But I might try to pop by now and again, thanks for telling me about them!
Back to top Go down
The Cheers
Star Seed

The Cheers

Star Seed

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime25th March 2016, 9:57 pm

Andalusite wrote:
The Cheers wrote:

xD Oh yes, Italo Disco ftw! xD I tried to find the Quadrophonia one on YT, but wasn't sure if it was the right video or not.

What is an example of an 80s song from Tajikistan? I don't think I have ever heard music from that country before. Razz

*throws a random video at you* All I am going to say is Blümchen. There is no other explanation for this MV. lmao
(Deleted your video from the quote so it doesn't make this page huge ;u; )
I think that literally might be one of my new favourite songs! I can't stop listening to it. The video is so bizarre and I love it.

I can't post links for 7 days, but if the video for Quadrophonia that you found is 6 minutes and 45 seconds long, that's the one! And my favourite song from Tajikistan is ironically enough, also called Tajikistan! The video does not show up on YouTube when you search it so I'm afraid you'll have to Google "Tajikistan by Gul'shan". The upload date should be April 18th, 2013. I love this song because of how bizarre it is at first and then it gets catchy and cute afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime27th March 2016, 6:55 pm

Wow it is really cute! I really like the instrumental work in the Tajikistan song! I'm really curious about the lyrics now because it sounded to me like they were saying something like "come here too and grab a glass of wine," which I know is not right. XD

I also managed to find Quadrophonia. Omg yesssssss. I love how it uses the "Orchestral hit" sound sample (I think that's what it's called. XD Old MIDI keyboards/mixers usually have it as an option.) It reminds me of when I was 12 or so. Very Happy My dad had this free MIDI generating program on the computer and I remember always changing the keyboard sound to "Orchestral hit" and keymashing random notes into the score just to hear the noise. XD

Once you're able to post links, we should just start a topic about old and bizarre European dance music in the Media Lounge. Razz Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime28th March 2016, 3:13 pm

Welcome, welcome! I've never seen Mystery Science Theater but I'm interested to see it. Your post has made me think I should google it XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime28th March 2016, 5:21 pm

Hen...how are we even friends??? xD Go, go forth and watch all the old bad movies and laugh

Also, just a little FYI, we have a no double posting rule. You can always go back and edit your post or use the multi-quote function so you can reply to several people at once. (You just hit multi quote on all the posts you want to reply to and click "new reply" at the bottom.) It's no biggie since you're new! It happens to everyone. :3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi, I'm new here! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi, I'm new here!   Hi, I'm new here! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new here!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Introductions-