The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Why Haruka?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Debate: Why Haruka? Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 2:56 am

Michiru was a Soldier before Haruka...Michiru appears before Haruka in the manga, and therefore in the series. Sailor Neptune is seen before Sailor Uranus in the manga too.

So why in the world does Uranus always seem to come first?

It's always "Uranus & Neptune"

except in the one song: Koi no Senshi ja Irarenai where Michiru gets to sing "My Deep Sea" before Haruka's "Rushing Wind"

Someone help me! I think Haruka should be stooped to third place, after Pluto and Neptune for introductions.
Back to top Go down
Alala
Star Seed

Alala

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 5:10 am

I think that's because of the planetary order, how the planets are arranged as they're turning around the sun.

Uranus comes before Neptune, it's closer to the sun. So it makes sense that Uranus would come before Neptune.

As for Neptune's being a senshi before Uranus, that depends on the version, because in the manga none of that was mentioned.

Hope that answered a bit! Razz
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 5:26 am

but it usually goes Uranus-Neptune-Pluto-Saturn... Saturn's before Uranus planetwise.
(and yes I think i do know how the planets are ordered, i went to school too Wink)

and let's not forget the whole Venus-Mercury-Mars-Jupiter / Mars-Mercury-Jupiter-Venus thing.

The Venus - Mercury- Mars - Jupiter order makes sense because that's the order they awakened in... and Mercury - Mars - Jupiter - Venus is the order Sailor Moon met them. But why in the /anime/ at least does Uranus come first?

Regardless, both Michiru and Neptune appear before Haruka and Uranus in the manga. Let's also not forgeted the musical "Mugen Gakuen ~ Mistress Labyrinth" (a musical based on the manga) and the song DESTINED COUPLE where its quite clear that Michiru is the experienced one.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 7:27 am

I think it's in order of dominant personality. Though Neptune may be on the same level as Uranus, she defers to Uranus for almost everything.

as is with the inners - they announce the leader first.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 10:44 am

Kyralih wrote:
I think it's in order of dominant personality. Though Neptune may be on the same level as Uranus, she defers to Uranus for almost everything.

as is with the inners - they announce the leader first.

I'm partial to this. Uranus seems to be the de facto leader among the Outer Senshi (Pluto may be the de jure leader given her seniority and position), whereas Saturn is the youngest and, therefore, the least experienced. Since Neptune and Uranus are partners, they bookend each other. Thus, it goes Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Saturn in terms of appearance.
Back to top Go down
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 10:45 am

In Japan, when listing couples, the "guy"/dominant one in the relationship is listed first. That might be the reason.
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 11:32 am

I was going to say the same thing SailorStarWind said. Because she is the -male- in the relationship, she is first.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 5:13 pm

But Pluto came first... in all versions of the series Wink
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime18th January 2012, 6:06 pm

UndergroundSources wrote:
But Pluto came first... in all versions of the series Wink

True, though she tends to only appear when things have really gotten out of hand. Haruka and Michiru have more regular roles, at least in the anime, than Pluto does.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 6:22 pm

I think its personality also, she is the one to come out first to say something. I don't think it has anything to do with Planetary order or when they awakened.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 7:36 pm

Just because Neptune and Pluto came first, doesn't mean they are better leaders. Pluto was a soldier before them, but she doesn't really have the leadership skills since she was alone for so along and was always the one to take commands. Neptune probably wanted Uranus to be leader between the two of them because they have the same mission, but Uranus was always able to keep to her word about what they need to do stronger than Neptune was. Between them, Neptune had more compassion and Uranus was the rock to keep them doing the goals they needed to do. If that makes any sense. XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 7:41 pm

I actually in my head have considered Pluto the leader...
I don't totally agree here, I think Uranus was more compassionate and Neptune was the serious one in reality, (maybe i listen to destined couple too much...) it just looks that way from an outsider's point of view. I think this is a result of the anime writers, somehow I feel Michiru was quite different from her original appearance in the manga. Thats how I feel personally. I always felt Haruka was just big and silly on the inside, just serious as a soldier while Michiru is pretty reclusive inside and out.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 8:40 pm

Well, there is a major difference between the manga and anime version of them. Which focus would you like everyone to turn to? XD
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 8:45 pm

Manga and Musicals!

*DESTINED COUPLE fangirls around*
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 8:47 pm

Then I would have to go with the debate that Haruka was her MAAAAAANNNNN and was to take the lead. XD <3
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 8:48 pm

Evidently someone doesn't know who Sanae Kimura is <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 11:33 am

I think it's because Haruka has the more dominant personality. Although Michiru is no wallflower, Haruka just has a very forceful presence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Why Haruka?   Debate: Why Haruka? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Why Haruka?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top