The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime22nd February 2016, 2:14 pm

I feel that the new art style of the third season is going to have a bit more of a comical edge to it reminiscent of the 90's anime as opposed to the more elegant manga inspired art of the first two arcs.

What concerns me however is what this means for the future of Sailor Moon Crystal merchandise. We already have three Figuarts Zero figures in the Sako style, but this third season is practically a reboot.

Does that mean that particular line will cease being produced, and that the three figures we have will be collector's items?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I have my own misgivings about the SH Figuarts line (RE: Super Sailor Mercury and what will likely be the various brooch upgrades of the figures of Sailor Moon), but I was kind of hoping to have SH Figuarts of the characters in the Crystal style, or at most a Figuarts Zero of Pluto, the Shitennou, and Endymion.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime26th February 2016, 8:30 pm

I feel like they wouldn't completely stop production on the three Figurearts already out but for future ones, they may go in the style of the new season.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime27th February 2016, 3:42 am

That's going to make for some wonky looking merchandise sets,no?

I wonder if that was what they intended the whole time, which is why they limited the merchandise to mainly wall scrolls and keychains.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime27th February 2016, 6:48 am

I don't think the art style of the anime has to impact the production of figurearts. 

But, honestly, I've never noticed the difference in art style between the old and new seasons of Crystal.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime27th February 2016, 7:05 am

Seasons 1 and 2:

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Sailor_moon_crystal__group_wallpaper_by_lamoonstar-d835y5v

Sailor Pluto:

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Latest?cb=20150209140847
Sailor ChibiMoon:

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Latest?cb=20150619181852

Season 3:

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise Tumblr_o1id7crw8g1rma68xo2_1280

I only just now noticed that Pluto is keeping her garnet brooch, as opposed to receiving a black brooch in accord with the manga. Interesting.

Last edited by east02west on 27th February 2016, 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added images)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise   Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Merchandise

View previous topic View next topic Back to top