The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Wii U Game Recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

Wii U Game Recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 12:52 pm

I finally got a Wii U for Christmas this year and I'm super excited about it! I've always been a huge Nintendo fan and it looks like Nintendo has not disappointed with awesome games for the Wii U. Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up in detail with all the Wii U games, so I was hoping that you guys could help me out! What are some great games that you recommend for the Wii U?
The only games I currently own are MarioKart 8, Splatoon, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 (which I bought through the eShop because I heard awesome things about it and also because it was cheap since it's a Wii game). So, as you guys can see, there is lots of room for more games in my collection! 
Specifically, it would be super helpful if you guys could give me some info on the different Zelda games (which one is the best?), but of course any recommendation would be sincerely appreciated. Smile
(Also, one more thing--is Super Smash Bros Wii U worth buying since I already have it on 3DS? I really liked playing it on 3DS and I am definitely considering getting the Wii U version, but it's SO expensive and I don't know if it would be worth it. Do any of you guys own it on both systems?)
Sorry for the long post! To wrap this up: like I said above, any recommendation you can give me would be very much appreciated. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 1:42 pm

I have both SSB for WiiU and 3DS. I personally like having both. The only lame thing about the WiiU one imo is that it doesn't have a mode like smash run. (Instead of has a weird board game mode.) 

I will try to write more about WiiU games and SSB later. Right now I am at work struggling to type from my phone. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 2:30 pm

super mario maker
Back to top Go down
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 2:53 pm

I own both Super Smash Bros, but don't play either of them much.  -I play single player with it.

I love WWHD though.  Most of the Zelda games I have are the 3DS or the Wii ones(which I love playing more on the Wii U than the Wii-besides WWHD-which was made for the Wii U and will be playing TPHD when it arrives in March!)

I also love Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited by silverskywind on 23rd January 2016, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 3:12 pm

I don't own a Wii U but if the NX (the next nintendo console) is backwards compatible with Wii U games, then these are all games that I personally plan on buying when it releases.

1. Bayonetta 2 is a must have. When it was first released it came with the first one as a bonus but I think that's out of print now (and the versions that are left, people sell them for like $100) so you can only get a physical copy of Bayonetta 2 by itself now. However, I'm sure Bayonetta 1 is on the eshop so I recommend buying that too. You don't have to play the 1st to play the 2nd but as someone who has played the 1st, I would definitely recommend it.
2. Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is really good from what I've heard and Zelda:Twilight Princess HD is coming out in March as well.
3. Yoshi's Wolly World is a very cute, fun game from what I've seen/heard. 
4. Super Mario 3D World is another one I've heard good things about. 
5. If you're an RPG fan, Xenoblade Chronicles X is supposed to be good too.
6. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is another one that looks fun.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 4:53 pm

I've played both splatoon and smash brothers on my friends Wii U along with mario maker. Those are must haves for sure. I don't really have any other titles to suggest, since those are the only games I've played on the console.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 5:05 pm

I was going to buy a Wii U but with the next console being announced this year (I believe!) I'm going to wait. However, here are some games I have been keeping my eye on:

Mario Maker 
Yoshi's Wolly World
Splatoon 

I haven't really looked into too many games and I'm really picky with my games as well.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 7:04 pm

Andalusite wrote:
I have both SSB for WiiU and 3DS. I personally like having both. The only lame thing about the WiiU one imo is that it doesn't have a mode like smash run. (Instead of has a weird board game mode.) 
No Smash Run? Ugh, that might be a deal breaker for me because I love Smash Run and spend most of my time playing on it. Thanks for letting me know! Smile 
sportsnutd wrote:
super mario maker
I have heard good things about this one, but unfortunately it's not really my style.
silverskywind wrote:
I own both Super Smash Bros, but don't play either of them much.  -I play single player with it.

I love WWHD though.  Most of the Zelda games I have are the 3DS or the Wii ones(which I love playing more on the Wii U than the Wii-besides WWHD-which was made for the Wii U and will be playing TPHD when it arrives in March!)

I also love Hyrule Warriors.
WWHD is one of the few games I have played a demo for, and I thought it was really cool! I didn't get to play much of it though, so I'm glad to hear that the rest of the game is a good as it looked. I'm definitely keeping an eye on TPHD as well! Very Happy
Sailor Mars wrote:
I don't own a Wii U but if the NX (the next nintendo console) is backwards compatible with Wii U games, then these are all games that I personally plan on buying when it releases.

1. Bayonetta 2 is a must have. When it was first released it came with the first one as a bonus but I think that's out of print now (and the versions that are left, people sell them for like $100) so you can only get a physical copy of Bayonetta 2 by itself now. However, I'm sure Bayonetta 1 is on the eshop so I recommend buying that too. You don't have to play the 1st to play the 2nd but as someone who has played the 1st, I would definitely recommend it.
2. Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is really good from what I've heard and Zelda:Twilight Princess HD is coming out in March as well.
3. Yoshi's Wolly World is a very cute, fun game from what I've seen/heard. 
4. Super Mario 3D World is another one I've heard good things about. 
5. If you're an RPG fan, Xenoblade Chronicles X is supposed to be good too.
6. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is another one that looks fun.
Thank you for all the recommendations! Bayonetta 1 and 2 both look very interesting and action-packed, but unfortunately they are rated M and my dad would not approve of me getting either of them Wii U Game Recommendations? 1549413412 He's really strict when it comes to that sort of stuff. 
Both Zelda games look really good and I am definitely considering both!
I watched a review for Yoshi's Wooly World on YouTube and it looks SO CUTE! Right up my alley.  Very Happy
I have played through Super Mario 3D Land (on the 3DS) multiple times and it has always been one of my favorites, and I'm happy Super Mario 3D World is good too! It's on my shortlist for sure.
I am an RPG fan--Xenoblade Chronicles X looks super cool and is thankfully not rated M! I'll have to look a little more into it before I make a choice though.
I've played Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D but I got a little bored with it after a while, so I think I'll leave Tropical Freeze off my list in favor of Super Mario 3D World.
Thanks again for all the great recommendations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime23rd January 2016, 8:41 pm

Now that I am home, I will provide more in-depth thoughts on SSBU and WiiU games. XD

What I like best about SSBU are the online matches. I think it gets really boring to play with computers all the time, so I'm always battling it up online with random people. XD Local  2-Player co-op is probably my favorite online mode because you and a friend/relative/sibling can sit together and play online co-op matches against other teams of human players from around the world. Very Happy
Other things I like about SSBU:
1. It has so many challenges (Master Orders, Crazy Orders, that general tile board full of challenges, etc.).
2. If you are having a party or gathering at your house, up to 8 people are able to participate in fights at a time (assuming they have controllers or a 3DS + game).

As I previously stated before, I don't like is the fact that Smash Run isn't a thing in the WiiU version. Like you, I was also pretty much ONLY playing Smash Run on the 3DS version. XD I almost didn't buy the game because of that. What sold me on buying it was the whole Club Nintendo "If you register a 3DS copy and a WiiU copy of the game before (some date 2015), you will get Mewtwo DLCs and a special hard copy of the game's soundtrack." XD Oh! And how the game's graphics look pretty on HD TVs.  Wii U Game Recommendations? 1955989781

After getting SSBU, I haven't really played with the 3DS copy of the game at home. When I'm out and about, I'll occasionally pull out the 3DS version to kill time while I wait in long lines, but I mainly use it now to turn the 3DS into an extra controller for 8 player matches at friends' houses and during conventions. Very Happy

Super Mario Maker is pretty awesome if you were ever into the classic Mario games. I originally wasn't planning on getting the game, but my mom gave it to me as a gift. I tried it out two days ago and can say that it definitely keeps my attention longer than the older Mario games. I like the fact that there is an infinite amount of courses to play (since people publish their own online) and a variety of pre-made courses in the offline challenges that you must complete to unlock new parts/pieces to use when creating your own courses. Once I master a level, I get bored of playing the same ones just to beat a score, but with Mario Maker, I know that I will always have new courses to try out online. Very Happy

I also have Donkey Kong Country Freeze and Super Mario 3D World as digital downloads that came with the console and from Club Nintendo points, but haven't really played them. I would probably play them more if I had somebody to play them with. xD
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime24th January 2016, 6:34 am

Andalusite wrote:
Now that I am home, I will provide more in-depth thoughts on SSBU and WiiU games. XD

What I like best about SSBU are the online matches. I think it gets really boring to play with computers all the time, so I'm always battling it up online with random people. XD Local  2-Player co-op is probably my favorite online mode because you and a friend/relative/sibling can sit together and play online co-op matches against other teams of human players from around the world. Very Happy
Other things I like about SSBU:
1. It has so many challenges (Master Orders, Crazy Orders, that general tile board full of challenges, etc.).
2. If you are having a party or gathering at your house, up to 8 people are able to participate in fights at a time (assuming they have controllers or a 3DS + game).

As I previously stated before, I don't like is the fact that Smash Run isn't a thing in the WiiU version. Like you, I was also pretty much ONLY playing Smash Run on the 3DS version. XD I almost didn't buy the game because of that. What sold me on buying it was the whole Club Nintendo "If you register a 3DS copy and a WiiU copy of the game before (some date 2015), you will get Mewtwo DLCs and a special hard copy of the game's soundtrack." XD Oh! And how the game's graphics look pretty on HD TVs.  Wii U Game Recommendations? 1955989781

After getting SSBU, I haven't really played with the 3DS copy of the game at home. When I'm out and about, I'll occasionally pull out the 3DS version to kill time while I wait in long lines, but I mainly use it now to turn the 3DS into an extra controller for 8 player matches at friends' houses and during conventions. Very Happy

Super Mario Maker is pretty awesome if you were ever into the classic Mario games. I originally wasn't planning on getting the game, but my mom gave it to me as a gift. I tried it out two days ago and can say that it definitely keeps my attention longer than the older Mario games. I like the fact that there is an infinite amount of courses to play (since people publish their own online) and a variety of pre-made courses in the offline challenges that you must complete to unlock new parts/pieces to use when creating your own courses. Once I master a level, I get bored of playing the same ones just to beat a score, but with Mario Maker, I know that I will always have new courses to try out online. Very Happy

I also have Donkey Kong Country Freeze and Super Mario 3D World as digital downloads that came with the console and from Club Nintendo points, but haven't really played them. I would probably play them more if I had somebody to play them with. xD
Wow, this is super helpful! Very Happy The local multiplayer modes sound very cool, but unfortunately I don't have anybody who would be willing to play them with me. And since the special promotion you were talking about obviously isn't still around, I don't really have much incentive to buy the game like you did. The lack of Smash Run pretty much seals this one for me. Thanks so much though for telling me about it! Smile (I definitely agree that it would look better on an HD TV for sure.) As for Super Mario Maker, the game's premise is interesting but I don't think it's something I would want to buy as it's not really my type of game and there are others I am excited about. You should definitely get into both Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World--both games have been recommended to me and they both sound like really good games (even if you don't have someone to play them with)! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime25th January 2016, 6:02 pm

I really like Hyrule Warriors on WiiU! I dunno if you've played any of the Dynasty Warriors type games, butthis is basically Zelda: Dynasty Warriors Edition. It's SUPER fun, like a lot more fun than I was expecting. The only downfall I think is not having some sort of online co-op so I could play with friends, but my fiance and I played it a lot together and its fun. The only reason we haven't played it lately is because our pro controller went missing and we both hate using the wiiremote as the second player. :/

The only other games we ended up getting was Wind Waker HD and Super Mario Bros/Luigi U combo (cause that came with it). Wind Waker is a phenomenal Zelda game and I recommend it to everyone.

When you get old enough, play Bayonetta cause that game is super fun as Mars said. xD Its kinda raunchy but everything between teh characters and story is so over the top, it totally works for this game.

I really need to check out the eshop to see if there has been anything else I'd get but we don't play a lot of console games these days so probably won't waste my money. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Game Recommendations?   Wii U Game Recommendations? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii U Game Recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top