The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Hi! Nice to meet you all~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

Hi! Nice to meet you all~ Empty
PostSubject: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:34 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Samantha~
I'm so excited to be a part of this forum! I've never had the chance to communicate with other Sailor Moon fans like me because most people I know aren't manga/anime fans. 
So, how did I get into Sailor Moon? To be completely honest, I don't exactly remember. I was born after the end of the original Sailor Moon anime (I'm 15), so I never watched it, but I did discover manga when I was younger at my local library. My first manga was the My Neighbor Totoro manga (yes, there is a manga!), which I loved, and I continued on reading manga from there. So, I must have stumbled upon Sailor Moon through that and the rest is history. 
I'm currently watching the original anime which I found online (in Japanese of course!) and I really like it--even though it can be a little cheesy at times, it still has the spirit of the series and it expands on the manga, which makes it fun to watch because there are always new enemies and adventures for the Sailor Senshi! The manga will always be the best representation of Sailor Moon for me though. 
Anyway, I don't want to make this too long, so I'll wrap it up. I can't wait to meet some of you awesome Sailor Moon fans through this super cool forum~
Bye for now! <3
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:36 pm

Welcome Samantha! Oooo I'm so excited you're getting into the anime. For a lot of us (slightly) older peeps on the forum it was our first intro to the series. It has a special place in my heart for it's warm goofiness.

P.S. I love your username! We have some whovians on the boards as well!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:39 pm

Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron! Very Happy

It's so nice to have you here. Ooh, Gallifrey! Who's your favorite doctor and companion? 
I, personally, love the 10th Doctor and Rose. I am currently on the 12th Doctor. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:51 pm

we share the same name! only i like to go by luna online so there is no confusion. but you can call me either that or greenpea like everyone here likes to. it doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 8:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums! It's great that you decided to join!

I'm Andi (Ena, Lus, or whatever you decide to call me)! Very Happy

Who are your favorite villains from Sailor Moon? Hi! Nice to meet you all~ 2503753863
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 1:25 pm

Henshinyo wrote:
Welcome Samantha! Oooo I'm so excited you're getting into the anime. For a lot of us (slightly) older peeps on the forum it was our first intro to the series. It has a special place in my heart for it's warm goofiness.

Thank you! I haven't gotten that far into the anime yet but I really like it so far! I really like the transformation sequences and I also like the interaction between Usagi and Mamoru--it's much more comedic than in the manga.

It's awesome to know there are other whovians on the forum! Yay! Smile
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 1:30 pm

Batgirl wrote:
Welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron! Very Happy

It's so nice to have you here. Ooh, Gallifrey! Who's your favorite doctor and companion? 
I, personally, love the 10th Doctor and Rose. I am currently on the 12th Doctor. Smile
I love the 10th Doctor and Rose too! I also like the 12th Doctor, and Clara for the most part, but 10 and Rose will always be my favorites <3
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 1:41 pm

Andalusite wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forums! It's great that you decided to join!

I'm Andi (Ena, Lus, or whatever you decide to call me)! Very Happy

Who are your favorite villains from Sailor Moon? Hi! Nice to meet you all~ 2503753863
Hi Andi! My favorite villain is definitely Sailor Galaxia, and I also really liked Sailor Tin Nyanko. Very Happy
These are just from the manga though--as you read above, I am in the process of watching the anime and I'm sure I will find more awesome villains through there! Wink
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 2:05 pm

Welcome to the forums, Gallifrey! Just a bit of a heads up, double posting isn't actually allowed (don't worry, I made the exact same mistake when I first joined, and I was worse lol.) Instead of posting/answering a different question per new post, just go back and edit an old one or just answer all questions in one post.

That aside, What other anime or manga do you like? We have a discussion board for things other then sailor moon, since you've just started the series. Do you have any videogames you enjoy, too? We also have a whole bunch of clubs.

And YAY someone else who's read the manga before watching the anime! Can't wait to compare and contrast with you!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 8:39 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Welcome to the forums, Gallifrey! Just a bit of a heads up, double posting isn't actually allowed (don't worry, I made the exact same mistake when I first joined, and I was worse lol.) Instead of posting/answering a different question per new post, just go back and edit an old one or just answer all questions in one post.

If you hit the multi-quote button for every post you want to reply to and then hit new reply at the bottom, you'll get all of them in one post ^.^

Welcome to the forums, my name is Addy, its good to see a new face around here!
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime20th January 2016, 10:10 pm

Welcome to the forums, Sailor Gallifrey! Hope you have a great time here.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 2:15 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forums! I am going to show my age here.... buuuut one of my best friends from Jr High/High School (who was into Sailor Moon too) was named Samantha. xD This was back in like...2000/2001. :O I'm so old. T^T

SO now that you are a fresh young mind getting into Sailor Moon, you HAVE to watch ALL the versions. xD Don't worry we will force help you with that if you need. Wink Because the musicals are clearly the best version. xD

Hope you enjoy the forums and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Hi! Nice to meet you all~ 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime25th January 2016, 12:57 pm

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Samantha (or Sam, if I may call you that)! Very Happy I know, I know, I already talked to you on the Skype chat only for two seconds but shhhh back then, but still: WELCOME TO GC, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! Very Happy
It's great to have you here and I really hope you'll enjoy your stay with our crazy little bunch xD

and because I'm super late, let me give you an extended welcome xD

Sailor Gallifrey wrote:
I'm so excited to be a part of this forum! I've never had the chance to communicate with other Sailor Moon fans like me because most people I know aren't manga/anime fans.

Oh my gosh, same xD

Really, this was the exact same reason I joined the forum back then :') I had no one to fangirl talk to and ended up joining this forum, so that I could share all my love for the series and so that I could fangirl 24/7 xD

But don't worry about being the only person in your surroundings that likes anime Wink I was a lonely wolf too, but now I infected like half of my class xD NEVER STOP PESTERING PEOPLE xD BE CONFIDENT. BE TALKATIVE. CHATTER ON PEOPLE xD

Sailor Gallifrey wrote:
So, how did I get into Sailor Moon? To be completely honest, I don't exactly remember. I was born after the end of the original Sailor Moon anime (I'm 15), so I never watched it, but I did discover manga when I was younger at my local library.

Ohhhh, this is actually a nice way to get introduced to the series! Smile
I am, as you can see, in the same generation as you, however, I didn't discover Sailor Moon before March 2014, so I was really...really a late-bloomer with anime, manga and, of course, Sailor Moon xD
(but now I reached that point where I just spend all my money at the library on manga xD)

Sailor Gallifrey wrote:
I'm currently watching the original anime which I found online (in Japanese of course!) and I really like it--even though it can be a little cheesy at times, it still has the spirit of the series and it expands on the manga, which makes it fun to watch because there are always new enemies and adventures for the Sailor Senshi!

Ohhhh, I like the 90s anime quite a lot as well!
As you already said, I loved how they expanded the manga - and while some people say that the fillers are bothersome, I really think it was a good way to show a deeper character portrayal for the girls and to also develop a deeper bond than it was shown in the manga, for example! Smile
Nonetheless I agree, the manga is really great, too xD I always loved Naoko's artworks!

Sailor Gallifrey wrote:
Henshinyo wrote:

Thank you! I haven't gotten that far into the anime yet but I really like it so far! I really like the transformation sequences and I also like the interaction between Usagi and Mamoru--it's much more comedic than in the manga.

To say the least, the transformation sequences are awesome and especially the Outers transformation sequence got a hella badass BGM in the 90s anime xD
I also love the attacks quite a lot - they got really nice dynamics and looked in general really pretty =)

And I agree, the 90s anime really is much more comedic than it was originally shown in the manga!
But actually, I really liked that! When I first watched the anime (I re-watched it a few times now xD) I couldn't hold myself anymore and just bursted with laughter xD

Small Lady wrote:
SO now that you are a fresh young mind getting into Sailor Moon, you HAVE to watch ALL the versions. xD  Don't worry we will force help you with that if you need. Wink  Because the musicals are clearly the best version. xD

There isn't much to add, I'd just like to second that xD

ANYWAY!
I hope to see you around the boards soon and if you need help with anything, be sure to send me a PM and ask me all the questions you've got! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Nice to meet you all~   Hi! Nice to meet you all~ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi! Nice to meet you all~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top