The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Comic Books

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

DC or Marvel?
DC Comics
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap25%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Marvel Comics
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap30%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Dark Horse Comics
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap15%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Image Comics
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap10%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
IDW Publising
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap15%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
Mirage Studios
Comic Books  I_vote_lcap5%Comic Books  I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime8th January 2016, 5:58 pm

So, we don't have anywhere to discuss comic books. And, by comic books, I do mean comic books from the United States, because we have plenty of other places on GC dedicated to manga. 

Let's discuss comic books!  Comic Books  1955989781

I really like reading comic books in graphic novel form, because you can read several issues at once. Overall, I really like DC Comic's The New 52 line of graphic novels. The drawing styles really appeal to me and I like that the story lines tend to be darker and more complicated. But, I haven't really read some of the older lines, so I guess I can't make a definitive choice on my favorite just yet. 

Right now I am reading/collecting Suicide Squad (The New 52) and Teen Titans (any version, I want them all). I'm almost done with Suicide Squad, though. ): I might move onto Catwoman (The New 52) after I finish Suicide Squad, or maybe some other series starring Cyborg or Martian Manhunter. 

As you can tell, I am a DC girl (with a soft spot for Mirage Studios). 

My list of favorite character is constantly evolving, but usually the list focuses within the Batman and Teen Titans universes. I also have a soft spot for Deadpool (he reminds me of my husband, lol) and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (my childhood, right here).
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime9th January 2016, 8:06 am

I actually got into graphic novels with the New 52 reboot with DC and the similar reboot with Marvel. 

Let see, what am I reading at the moment also what is on my reading list in terms of hard copies:

• Justice League as who doesn't want to see all their favourite characters in one place? 
  • I've read the first 4 volumes of the Ultimate X-men, I'm having trouble locating hard copies of these so that's on pause for the moment
  • Thor: God of Thunder 
  • Avatar comic books which is by Dark Horse if I remember correctly 

I also started to read comic books on comixology's app because it goes panel by panel which makes it way easier to read on a tablet or phone. I can also buy the comics digitally so I find its a bit cheaper and space saving.

• Spider-Gwen which is absolutely amazing!
  • Batgirl
  • I have a sneakpeak of Grayson and Martian Manhunter (if I remember these were free so I wanted to read them to see if they were any good!)
  • Ms. Marvel 
  • Nightwing
  • Static Shock
  • New 52 Suicide Squad 
  • Teen Titans 
  • The Uncanny Inhumans 
  • Ironman
  • Scarlet Spider 
  • Tiny Titans 
  • All New SpiderMan 
  • Young Jutice (from the tv show) 
  • The Flash

Wow I have a really long list lol may help if I actually you know read them xD
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:41 pm

I haven't really been following a whole lot of comic books lately but when I do, I tend to like the Marvel stuff. For a time, I was reading the Ultimate Spiderman and Ultimate X-men but i hadn't picked those up in a while. I've also been reading the My Little Pony comics! They are so cute and fun. Also, I'd like to check out the Steven Universe comics and finally catch up on reading some of the Doctor Who ones.

If I read any of the DC ones, it'd probably be Batman or Justice League ones.

Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime21st January 2016, 4:48 pm

What's the name of the similar reboot to New 52 in Marvel? I've never been a giant fan of Marvel, but I'm thinking something similar to the New 52 might peak my interest in Marvel.

Oh, I forgot about the Avatar comic books! I'm glad the series has continued in the form of the comic book. The books have explore some very interesting topics, like the past and whereabouts of Zuko's and Azula's mother. I'm excited to read the newest comic book, Smoke and Shadow.

Eee! Is the sneak peek of Martian Manhunter any good?

What is the Uncanny Inhumans about? I've never heard about that one.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 12:00 pm

VBabe wrote:
What's the name of the similar reboot to New 52 in Marvel? I've never been a giant fan of Marvel, but I'm thinking something similar to the New 52 might peak my interest in Marvel.

Marvel's equivalent to DC's New 52 is called Marvel NOW!

VBabe wrote:
Eee! Is the sneak peek of Martian Manhunter any good?

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but I"m like 90% sure you can download it free at Comixology Smile

VBabe wrote:
What is the Uncanny Inhumans about? I've never heard about that one.  

Here's some info on marvel's website about it
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime26th May 2016, 5:19 am

I have a Cyborg comic, yippee! My husband and I went on a comic book shopping spree recently, because Half Price Books was having a sale on Comic Book Day. He argues I am nesting, in other words, collecting comics for our future child, lol. 

And, omg, the finale for the latest season of The Flash had me squealing like a little girl. I don't want to spoil it, but at the same time you need to know something about the actor that makes it absolutely perfect. Ah!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime26th May 2016, 10:31 am

I know BOOM studios is really going steady latley. We've got comic variations of nearly every cartoon on air today, and their originals are pretty dang good. While I've never been much of a DC/MARVEL fan, I've found myself reading comics based on cartoons as of late. Over the garden wall, invader zim, regular show, adventure time, the amazing world of gumball, steven universe-they all have comics.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime26th May 2016, 10:44 am

I have read a few comic books, but I've never actually tried to get into the mainstream DC or Marvel mainstream comics. I've read up on Marvel characters and comic stories, but I feel like when I try to dip a toe in the water of the story, I'll drown in the information of the mythos. (Sorry if the metaphor is a little confusing. Basically, too much stuff going on for me to just jump into reading) The reason I know so much about Marvel than DC is mostly the MCU and my need to see how it matches up with the comics and seeing what else could be added in the future.

I have read the first half of the comic book series called Fables (published by Vertigo, a branch of DC) and I did enjoy reading that series. The reason I didn't bother with the second half or the spin-offs is because the ending of the first half felt definitive enough and I wanted to end it on a high note (kinda like how I prefer to stop reading SM manga after Dream arc). I really did enjoy the read. I liked not only this new interpretation of fairytales in exile, but also how the comics made reference to the original fairytales before they were "Disney-fied". The characters are cool, I like the setting, and it feels like every chapter eventually contributes to the solution of the arc.

Last edited by magic713 on 26th May 2016, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime26th May 2016, 11:32 am

^I've got fables on my reading list, that's for sure. And your summery just confirmed that I gotta read it.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime22nd June 2016, 6:47 pm

Just found all four seasons of Batman: The Animated Series! Comic Books  2508165712
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Books  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Books    Comic Books  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Comic Books

View previous topic View next topic Back to top