The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  Empty
PostSubject: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime8th January 2016, 5:42 pm

I am an avid listener of podcasts, so I'm curious to know if anyone else listens to podcasts and would be willing to share their favorites. 

If you have any questions about my list, then let me know! 

Here's my list: 

Stuff You Missed in History Class
Freakonomics Radio 
Planet Money 
Market Foolery 
Marketplace 
Motley Fool Answers 
NPR Politics Podcast 
Science Friday 
TED Radio Hour 
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! 
Data Skeptic 
Archaeology Channel
The Military Wallet Podcast 
Money Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life 

I listen to these, too, but only occasionally: 
Math Mutation 
Indiana Jones: Myth, Reality, and 21st Century Archaeology 
Stuff You Should Know 
Lectures in History 
Stuff Mom Never Told You 

I also listen to a ton of the NPR Topics podcasts on Technology, Education, Science, and Economy.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2016, 6:34 pm

No one else? ):

Podcasts are a great way to learn while you are doing chores around the house, driving in the car, or walking the dog. My favorite podcasts teach me something new or keep me up-to-date on current events. A great example is What You Missed In History Class, which focuses on discusing topics, events, people, etc. that aren't typically included in (high-school) history courses. Freakenomics is a common-sense economics podcast that explains everyday questions using economics, like Should Kids Payback Their Parents for Raising Them? All in all, podcasts are great and informative!

But, don't be fooled by my nerdery. You can find any topic, from news to anime to the latest in music and celebrity gossip.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2016, 9:15 pm

Hai yes. I wouldn't mind finding a podcast to try. Though I think Ive tried listening to some here and there in the past and i think it would just get boring to me. Which ones do you recommend the most that can keep your attention?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2016, 9:45 pm

If you're into popular video games, check out the Rooster Teeth podcast. They do game news and reviews and they're pretty hilarious too. It also helps if you're into their stuff like Achievement Hunter or RWBY since they'll mention those things a bit.

I also really, really enjoy Welcome to Nightvale. It's a crazy sci-fi adventure set in an imaginary world and you join Cecil, Nightvale radio host, for the ride. I love how creative the storytelling is and how watching subtle plot points evolve. A character that was fairly unimportant one minute can become very important the next.

I USED to also listen to Freak & Geeks about a thousand years ago at the dawn of the internet. It was an anime/comic book/all around nerd stuff podcast but it died out and I don't think it was ever revived.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime19th January 2016, 6:02 pm

I used to watch Red VS Blue all the time! I'll have to remember to look for their podcast. :O

I've been hearing about Welcome to Nightvale for a while now... I guess I should check it out. xD

So! I found an app for Android phones called Podcast Addict and have been using that to find some podcasts to listen to. I ended up finding a couple of paranormal podcasts I'm trying out. One is called "Scared?" which I was liking but it only has 5 episodes out so far and I've now listened to them all. -_-

I saw some Sailor Moon podcasts too and decided to try one out but... It wasn't awful but there were times where I stopped what I was doing just to glare at my phone for the things they said. xD It was mostly like "UGH YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" kinda things but yeah xD At least they weren't super annoying to listen to (though one girl has a really annoying laugh). Makes me kinda want to try to do one tho... xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Podcasts Do You Listen To?    What Podcasts Do You Listen To?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top