The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Empty
PostSubject: Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition   Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition I_icon_minitime24th October 2015, 1:25 am

Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Spot_t10
Come on you super sleuths and ghosthunting gumshoes! Come and play Spot the Fake - Paranormal Edition!

How does it work?
The goal is simple. Guess which two of the three ghost stories before you are real and which one is fake. If you guess correctly, you win a prize! And if you have the most correct guesses, you might just win a super special sleuthing siggy! ^^

"Real?" you say? "But there are no such things as ghosts!"

Well, although that debate is not likely to end anytime soon, what I mean by "real" is that these are actual folklore, legends, or eyewitness stories told by people who believe what they are writing about. And then there is one, which your lovely hostess has completely made up out of her own little head. Very Happy You have to spot which one that is. ^^
Let's see if I can trick you.

Prizes:
All participants can use this gumshoe bumper
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Spotfa10
More prizes will be coming for right answers!

The rules:
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128  Each round will consist of two real stories and one fake story.  Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128  All answers should be PMed to me.  Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128  All rounds will stay open for guessing til the end.  Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128  No using the internet to cheat please!  Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition 1322698128

Please PM me with this format (to keep things neat)
Title: Spot the Fake Guess
Round #
Story# you believe is the fake one. There is only 1 fake per round.

I will reveal which are the fakes for each round at the very end. Happy Sleuthing!

I have decided only to show the number of correct/incorrect guesses. I won't say who was right or wrong til the end. More mystery!

Correct Guesses:
Round 1: - 4 so far!
Round 2: - 4 so far!
Incorrect Guesses:
Round 1: - 5 so far!
Round 2: - 4 so far:

ROUND 1: (Starting us off easy, I hope. All stories have a similar theme.)

Round 1 - Story #1:

Round 1 - Story #2:

Round 1 - Story #3:

ROUND 2: - Haunted Roadsides!

Round 2 Story 1:

Round 2 Story 2:

Round 2 Story 3:

ROUND 2: - Ghost Stories

Round 3 Story 1:

Round 3 Story 2:

Round 3 Story 3:

Last edited by PoetofMercury on 30th October 2015, 7:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition   Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition I_icon_minitime26th October 2015, 8:18 am

Round 2 is up! Happy guessing! ^^
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition   Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition I_icon_minitime30th October 2015, 7:49 pm

Round 3 - the final round is now up. ^^ I will reveal all the answers tomorrow night. Smile
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition   Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition I_icon_minitime31st October 2015, 10:16 pm

Hope you all had a fun Halloween, and I hope you enjoyed my event. Here are the answers and scores.

Answers:
Round 1 - Story Three is fake! - There is such a lake as Ascagoa, but the rest I made up from a bunch of other haunted lake legends. ^^
Round 2 - Story 2 is fake. I completely made that one up on my lunch break at work. Though Cosmos mentioned it might be a Goosebumps story too? I did read and love that series so maybe it was in the back of my mind. Either way, it's fake. Very Happy
Round 3 - Story 3 is fake. Though Sailor Mercury caught me out because I used wife in one spot and girlfriend in another. Oops! LOL. Just goes to show I have absolutely no business writing half asleep. Razz And I owe EK thanks for pointing out a glitch in the real stories that would have given away the answer for sure

So let's see if I tricked you into buying my fake stories. ^^

On round 1, there were 5 correct guesses out of 11 total. - That means 45% of you guessed the right story.
On round 2, there were 6 correct guesses out of 11 total. - That means 54% of you spotted the fake - Getting better!
And on round 3, 66% of you spotted the fake! So you win! You guessed my story more than half the time. Go GC! ^^ You guys are smart.

Now here's the scores!

Grand Prize Winners! - Correct guesses on all three rounds! - You guys can use this bumper but I also want to make a special little siggy for you too. Coming soon. ^^
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Spotfa11
1. Cosmos-hime - 3
2. Lanlay - 3

Winners with one or two correct guesses - This bumper is also for you. ^^
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Spotfa11
1. Sailor Mercury - 2
2. Eternal Knight - 2
3. Mercuryfan - 2
4. Sailor Pluto - 1
5. Chibi-Usako - 1
6. Diana - 1

Honorable Mentions - I may have stumped you, but I'm glad you played. ^^ Please take this bumper as my thanks. ^^
Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition Spotfa10
1. Henshin
2. Sportsnutd
3. Small Lady

(If you think I've made an error and marked your guess down wrong, just shoot me a PM. I was a bit flooded with PMs. But I tried my best to log everything correctly. ^^ Thank God for Google Sheets. LOL )
!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition   Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spot the Fake! - Paranormal Edition

View previous topic View next topic Back to top