The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

♦ Roumanian: Holidays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

♦ Roumanian: Holidays Empty
PostSubject: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 5:38 am

♦ Roumanian: Holidays RHolidays_zpszrnjfsf6
♦ Roumanian: Holidays Romania
♦ Roumanian: Holidays 467980r81re9x9km

As any other country we have many holidays and annual events however I will list only the top important ones.

♦ Roumanian: Holidays 467980r81re9x9km

January 1: Anul Nou or The New Year's Eve. This is probably a common holiday in many other countries. We usually celebrate with friends/ family by making a big table with food and of course the well-known champaign. During the night you can see many fireworks on the sky and even though you are in areas with less people you may still catch a few. The capital (Bucharest) usually gets pretty crowded as there are many shows going on during this time.

January 24: Unirea Principatelor/ Ziua Unirii or The Unification Day. This is a national holiday which celebrates the unification of the Romanian Principalities of Moldavia and and Wallachia in 1859. It is usually celebrated with songs related to our country's history or other events like this.

February 24th: Okay. So in Romania there is no "Valentine's day" (though for the past years we started to adopt it as well). We call it "Dragobetele" and it's somewhat similar to Valentine's day. It is a common belief in some parts of Romania that, during this celebration, if you step over your partner's foot, you will have the dominant role in your relationship. Smile

♦ Roumanian: Holidays RomaniaMarch 1: Mărţişorul. Okay so this is one of my favourite romanian celebrations as it is in spring and it's very fun. I don't have a translation in english for it but it could be like some kind of Spring Festival. Between march 1 and march 8 we give these things which we call "mărţisoare" between us (mostly girls give these to boys until the 8th when the boys return the favour - some of them usually buy flowers instead). This is what they look like. They are very small and we "stick" them into somebody's clothing with a needle. Their design varies and it's usually given to bring luck.

♦ Roumanian: Holidays Martisoare-traditionale-asamblate-12-modele-diferite-numai-03-banibucata_1

♦ Roumanian: Holidays Martisoare_1

♦ Roumanian: Holidays 25511

March 8: Women's day. As I said on the 8th of march boys usually return the favour with "mărţişoare"/ flowers sometimes given to girls/ women. On this day all women are being rewarded.

April/ May: The Easter. This is well-known around the globe. We celebrate it by making eggs (the basics ones are usually painted in red, blue and yellow as these are the romanian's flag main colours) but there are also people who try other designs. It's a fun holiday especially if you are creative person in painting them Very Happy  There is also one main religious greeting which we say during this period and that is "Hristos a înviat" (Christ has been revived) and the answer is "Adevărat a înviat" (True, he has been revived).
♦ Roumanian: Holidays Romania
May 1: Ziua Muncii or Labour Day. On this day nobody works but stays home and eats, drinks and has fun with friends/ family.

June 1: Children's day. We usually get free during this one too. We celebrate by giving gifts to children (though sometimes we end up doing between adults too. Lol)

November 30: Sfântul Andrei or St. Andrew's Day. Okay so we do not celebrate Halloween in Romania (though as Valentine's Day we started to adopt this one as well) but this day is somewhat similar to it. It it said that on this day we must put garlic on our windows so monsters and evil spiritis don't come in our house to haunt us. Razz

December 1: National Day of Romania. It celebrates the union between Transylvania with Romania. We usually sing our national sign on this one.

December 25-26: Christmas Very Happy We celebrate it as everybody else with gifts, christmas tree and stuff like that. We also have a special romanian dish on this occasion. If you are curious to find out about it check the Roumanian Food Topic. Smile
[center]♦ Roumanian: Holidays 467980r81re9x9km
[/center]
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime3rd September 2015, 9:15 pm

very interesting. I love reading about holidays in other countries.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime4th September 2015, 8:56 pm

I agree with Artemis.  It is neat seeing what people celebrate in other countries.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 11:39 am

Does the Mărţişorul have any romantic connotations at all, or is it just a general celebration for all men like the opposite for Women's Day?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime11th September 2015, 1:30 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Does the Mărţişorul have any romantic connotations at all, or is it just a general celebration for all men like the opposite for Women's Day?
Not really. Well if you have a boy you like and you give him one then obviously it does. But it's not necessarily as we do not give them only to the men/ boys for romantic purposes. In my school though students do use it for something like that because if you get a mărţişor from a girl it's usually seen as a good sign for the boy since we usually give them to boys who we like (again not love but like) or we appreciate. 

For couples only we have Dragobetele celebrated on the 24th of february (similar to Valentine's day).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Holidays   ♦ Roumanian: Holidays I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

♦ Roumanian: Holidays

View previous topic View next topic Back to top