The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime24th August 2015, 11:50 am

a thought that popped into my head during the villian's vacation roleplay event! this is a debate to decide who or what actually caused the end of the Silver Millennium.

Was it Queen Nehelenia, who cursed the baby Princess Serenity to never see her throne before being sealed in a mirror?

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Smile_2_5_023_sailor_moon

Or was it Beryl, the spurned woman who was given power by Metallia and pushed the Earth into an uprising against the Moon?

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? L009.14

i rather think it was Nehelenia, who came along many years before Beryl ever did. maybe it was even her curse that weakened whatever seal might have been on Metallia that allowed her to become free from the Sun.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime24th August 2015, 12:43 pm

I quite like the idea of the curse myself, but these also somewhat disproves it:

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Smile_2_5_024_sailor_moon

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Smile_2_5_025_sailor_moon

According to Neptune, it was destiny, which meant it would have happened either way.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime24th August 2015, 12:56 pm

true....but destiny is probably more a path than a cause. it could have been destiny for the Moon Kingdom to fall to Nehelenia's curse. just like it might have been Serenity and Endymion's destiny to die...but destiny didn't swoop down to do it, Beryl's blade did.

..or maybe destiny takes the shape of stuff/people....agggh my head! XD
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 5:32 pm

I think it was Nehelenia's Maleficent curse thing through Beryl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Multi-Facets
Star Seed

Multi-Facets

Star Seed

Title : Moongazer.

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 5:36 pm

I think I like the idea of a triple-pronged strike myself. The Silver Millennium could not have lasted forever because something always inevitably happens to cause the downfall of a Utopia, thus it was destined to fall. Nehelenia started it, and Beryl and Metallia finished it.

It's rarely one thing that brings down a nation; more often than not, it's a chain of events that just keeps building and building and building, until you get the proverbial straw and camel's back that ends everything.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 6:42 pm

I was going to say well it was Sailor Saturn who ended it all but she only had to do it cause basically it got so bad it awakened her. I think since every main villain had some form of Chaos within them, you could say it was technically Chaos that started and ended it. I had a point iw as going with this but i got distracted and lost it...so...there! XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 6:47 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
[...]

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Smile_2_5_025_sailor_moon
[...]
completely off topic but WOAH MAN I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ELSE HAPPENED. THE 'TRAGEDIES KEPT HAPPENING... ONE AFTER ANOTHER' WHAT WERE THE OTHERS I WANT TO KNOW 
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 8:25 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
completely off topic but WOAH MAN I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ELSE HAPPENED. THE 'TRAGEDIES KEPT HAPPENING... ONE AFTER ANOTHER' WHAT WERE THE OTHERS I WANT TO KNOW

I always thought Saturn meant the two main tragedies; Nehalania's curse and metallia's awaking and corruption of Earth. It'd be interesting if there were more though. Great now I can't stop thinking of what else could have possibly happened now my brain won't stop
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 8:39 pm

I would totally say Saturn because well she was the one who destroyed everything in the end.

Villain wise I would say Beryl. A curse can be interpreted in many many ways, can also be noting more than a prophecy (and prophecies can end up not happening) or can also be broken. It just happened that the queen's curse actually became true, but it never will be said whether or not it had a real incident on everything (it scarred the crap out of everyone though so this paranoia could have formed something else). A curse can also fade with time, so who knows.

It's hard however to interpret in any other way what happened with Beryl. Killing, slaughter, Metallia's powers. She totally brought down a kingdom with violence and she was happy to do it.

Her act was quite final.

So was Saturn's.

In the end unless someone ask the writer the question, we probably won't know for sure who did what except for Saturn. The queen could have kicked the dominos, Beryl would have burned them and then Saturn would have finished the job like the three steps tragedy that was discussed above.
Back to top Go down
windsting
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime4th September 2015, 8:47 pm

Interesting topic. I don't have screen shots to go with it but remember how they talked about how the gods had forbidden the people of the moon to get involved with the people of the Earth? What gods? Why? Was it a warning because P. Serenity's involvement would inevitably reveal the power of the Moon kingdom to people like Beryl? Was the downfall the gods' punishment for defying them? Maybe they weakened the seal. There's a ton of Greek and Roman references so I always thought it was those gods. They're always depicted as chaotic beings so maybe Chaos influenced them to break the seal. Hell maybe their chaotic natures birthed Chaos.
Back to top Go down
Anyastasia
Pyramidal Crystal

Anyastasia

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : The Mahou Shoujo of the Moon (Formerly PrincessMami)

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime5th December 2015, 1:00 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I quite like the idea of the curse myself, but these also somewhat disproves it:

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? Smile_2_5_024_sailor_moon

According to Neptune, it was destiny, which meant it would have happened either way.
BUT, Nehellenia cursing Serenity could also be because of destiny, if you know what i'm saying.

I do believe Nehellenia's curse did start a chain reaction of events which did eventually lead to the fall of the Moon Kingdom. I don't think though that Serenity would have suffered a terrible fate either way. Sure other events could have happened that would have triggered the attack but if you really think about it, in some alternate universe, The Moon Kingdom was never destroyed and the Sailor Senshi never re-incarnated. What i'm saying is that just because something happens in one timeline doesn't mean the same thing will happen in all of them.

It could be like in My Little Pony where even though becoming a Princess was Twilight's destiny, without the Sonic Rainboom she would have never passed her magic school entrance exam. Most of the alternating timelines would be dystopian or apocalyptic because without the Elements of Harmony the villains would take over or lay waste to Equestria.

This has been my soap box speech of the day
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime28th January 2016, 11:46 pm

I would Nehelenia started the downfall with her curse and Beryl took it up, unknowingly of course.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime5th February 2016, 5:57 am

Considering that both Metalia and Nehellenia are both incarnations of Chaos, one could say Chaos ended it through both of them. Nehellenia created the curse, and Metallia, through Beryl, initiated it.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?   [Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] The end of the Silver Millennium. Who ended it?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top