The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! Empty
PostSubject: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 7:10 am

So I couldn't find a thread like this besides the Progress Report and I figured a thread for posting finished cosplays would be awesome!

I'll start with mine! I went to Mechacon in New Orleans this past weekend (07/17-07/19). Had a lot of fun! I cosplayed as Pinkie Pie and a saiyan with a group of DBZ cosplayers (my first group cosplay too!) My Pinkie Pie had two versions, semi-formal and rave dance party Pinkie. Unfortunately I don't have any full pics of the rave outfit, I need to ask my friend if she happened to get any of me. lol My poor saiyan armor fell apart. It was made with worbla and well...lessons were learned. xD

I'll post a couple pics but you can view the full album here: https://imgur.com/gallery/dIMrw/new

My friend and I (she's celestia obv)
[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! 9a3nwzt

The GROUP!
[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! TR0toX1

Saiyan armorrrr....(not a fan of the armor, it needs a lot of tweaking xD)
[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! GJynOhD

#cosplay  #cosplaypage #cosplaypics
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:35 pm

You make such a cute Pinkie Pie omg! I don't know anyhthing about dragonball, but your group looks fun! What happened to your armor to make it fall apart? Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime26th July 2015, 10:05 am

Thanks! For the armor, it was made with worbla, which this was my first time using. We decided to hold my two pieces (Front and back) together with velcro. SO we hot glued foam strips to the worbla and hot glued the velcro to thefoam. That is what fell apart. I think mostly cuase all we had was low temp hot glue guns so it came apart easily. I also used the thin foam so one of them ripped. Also, I used model magic to make the trim, and my friend forgot to mention that i should seal it with like a coat of some sort of clear medium... so the model magic was falling apart too lol.

If i wanted to wear it again, which since made out of worbla, id like to use again since thats not cheap, id sand down bumpy areas, redo how the pieces attach (using hooks probably and a high temp hot glue gun), take off the model magic and redo it completely, reshape the worbla so it fits my body better (that was another issue) and then repaint. Lol lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime29th July 2015, 9:07 pm

I've not done a lot of cosplay that had pictures taken or I don't like the way to costumes were (they're all pretty old, we had to take a break), but this one is my oldest and the one I actually wear almost every conventions (so twice/thrice a year) if I feel good enough cause all my conventions are during summer and this thing is hot to wear.

Nananananana Batman:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime29th July 2015, 9:18 pm

!! Brit your Pinkie Pie is adorable!! ♥ ((And Seiyan yaaay!))

BUT OMG ETERNAL KNIGHT
[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! Mqdefault
I just -- ♪Snape, snape, Severus Snape♪ it's in my head now, and i cannot deal.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime29th July 2015, 9:21 pm

I'm absolutely not sorry.
And now I'll have this song in my head for the next month, help.  [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! 4189206859
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime30th July 2015, 10:11 am

OH NOW I GET IT. At first I couldn't figure out who you were cause you said "nananana batman" in the spoiler and the angle of the pic and...yeah nothing was clicking. XD

But omg that is awesome. Such an imposing angle, makes you look large and intimidating. lol
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime30th July 2015, 12:57 pm

I tend to have too much fun with spoilers titles, I'm sorry xD
The photographer was on a roll when she took this really, but I ended up liking the angle just because it makes me look so tall. And thank you~ I love this costume.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime8th August 2017, 5:10 am

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! Costum10
My first costume was my Alice in Wonderland costume. I still use it on occasion, but haven't put much effort into improving it. I now have a blonde wig I can use with it and better boots. This picture is before I added those two elements, however.

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! 20161011
This was my first true effort at creating a costume. This is my personal take on Harley Quinn from the Batman series. Honestly, it is mostly me cobbling together different pieces that I have found over the last three years. But, what really pulls it together is that wig. I am mostly finished with it, other than replacing pieces as they wear out. I do want to find some sort of bag I can use with it, so my husband doesn't have to carry everything. The comic convention we go to doesn't allow backpacks anymore, so I need to find a suitable purse.

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! 20170510
This is my latest addition to my costume wardrobe, so I will likely be working on it for another year. I need to purchase the shield and likely add a few small details. Not shown in the picture is my chicken purse, the brown boots, the Hyrule socks, and a necklace of the 3 stones from the Ocarina of Time game. I will have to take a new picture next year with all of the details. One year I might also use one of my old bows and customize a set of arrows for this costume, but I'm also not certain how many props I want to be carrying around at a comic convention.

I do not have a picture of my last costume, Raven from Teen Titans. I need to find a suitable red stone to wear as a head-piece, a belt, and probably a red brooch to wear on the cape. Also, nice touches would be a black wig and black gloves, but I would purchase those after finding the jewelry. I also need a suitable bag or purse for this costume to carry small items in. But, I'm holding out for the perfect black, leather bag.

I'm still deciding on what new costume I want to do next year (I add a new costume every year), but I am leaning toward Robin from the Batman series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!   [Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Misc] Official "Post Your Cosplay" Thread!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top