The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SerenaFan's art

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime16th December 2011, 10:49 pm

Hello everyone. I hope I'm allowed to make a graphic thread being a newbie. I make Photoshop edits which are mostly signatures. I presume posting this sort of art is allowed judging by the rules. I don't do drawings or anything else apart from this sort of art. I've been graphics for 3 years.

I just learnt yesterday how to put animations in signatures that are coloured. I'm still struggling at how to do them right. Here are my first 2 attempts. I made them as gifts for people on a graphic forum.

This was my second attempt. I spent a lot of time on it. Perhaps about 3 hours? They are much harder than I thought. You have to deslect and select layers constantly. It's a long process when you have more layers. This is why the gif is short. Otherwise I would've been at least another hour or LONGER! Sad. You have to go through each gif layer and make sure you have removed the background too, otherwise you get a 'flashing texture' effect. Where you get a signature that starts to 'flash' backgrounds you haven't removed properly. I had some layers that did this and I had to go through each layer to see which layers were doing this SerenaFan's art 3050727640 . I forgot to add the background again to the main image of the girl, which is rather annoying. But I think it looks pretty good for a second attempt!
SerenaFan's art Gif1
This is my first attempt. I wasn't sure what I was doing. The gif is weird because I didn't really know what I was doing. I hate how 'saving for web' makes the quality go down so much! I like how the colouring looks. The T.V really is 'glowing' too. Which I am happy with, considering it was a dull brown colour originally by memory! The T.V is 'flashing' at the bottom left. All down to shoddy background editing of the gifs.
SerenaFan's art Leightonpsd34444666

Here are some other pieces I've made in the past few days

SerenaFan's art StamfanpsD
SerenaFan's art Anjasig22348
SerenaFan's art Clemencepps
SerenaFan's art Amandapsd7
SerenaFan's art Lovleytaloyr555555555555
SerenaFan's art Watson23
SerenaFan's art Snowpsd6
SerenaFan's art Selenapsdsig3
SerenaFan's art Untitled-1-3
SerenaFan's art Nightsrodanthepsd2r
SerenaFan's art Agronpsd

They are all gifts on a graphics forum. I haven't made graphics in many months. The gift giving prompted me to have ago again and I thought I'd try something different. This is what I will stick with I think. I'm quite pleased with the colouring on them. Finding the right colouring to go on a signature photo is hard. Quite often you may find a good colouring and the background won't look good with it. Or the other way round. Sometimes I can spend ages looking for the right colouring for a photo. I find colouring quite interesting as every colouring works differently on every photo. It's quite fascinating what all sorts of layers can do to an image.

Last edited by SerenaFan on 24th December 2011, 1:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime16th December 2011, 11:47 pm

Cool stuff SerenaFan! Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime16th December 2011, 11:57 pm

This thread is fine and follows the rules, thanks for reading them by the way! Smile Your graphic gifs are lovely, it's so good to see that you're posting new things that you're learning and working on - this thread may just become a progress of your art! Keep it up, can't wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 4:01 pm

Oh the fun of graphics LOL
I completely understand your struggles with animated gifs LOL
You're graphics are lovely Smile
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 4:10 pm

Oh my gosh, you are INCREDIBLE! No, really! I want to ask you to make me a fandom graphic like those! They are soooooo beautiful!

Thank you so much for sharing these with us. Very Happy I cannot wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 9:40 pm

thank you! That's strange, my art isn't showing up. Weird
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 9:42 pm

What do you mean, it is not showing up. Did you post something other than your graphics?

Do you use the Vibrance layer to get such startling beautiful colors?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime17th December 2011, 9:53 pm

Oh such beautiful edits!!! Very very stunning!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime18th December 2011, 12:17 am

no, what I mean is that none of the graphics I posted are showing up now. You guys can see my art, but it's strange because I'm getting nothing.

Thank you Lady Galaxia. As for the vibrance, I think I probably did. I could have a go at fandom arts, but when I have tried they don't turn out nice. I also can't edit anime/manga images. I can't find colours to work on them

edit: oh, they are working now. Strange. Perhaps a photobucket fault
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime18th December 2011, 2:37 am

What about if you work with live action fandom photos?
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime18th December 2011, 3:59 am

Perhaps if they were very HQ I could Smile
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 7:14 pm

I added 4 new pieces. The reason why I'm making so much is that I'm striving for a award of the 'most gifting person'. I have never got any graphic awards before, so I'm striving to win something for once. 2nd or 3rd simply won't do! Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 7:45 pm

Would you perhaps be interested in some Doctor Who work (particularly anything with David Tennant)? I'd post them all over my tumblr. XD
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 10:28 pm

Sure! The images would have to be about at least 1000 by 1000 pixels and over though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime23rd December 2011, 10:30 pm

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WRCJ2LgVQZg/Ts1tA_XJF-I/AAAAAAAAAMo/YQsUBeQU7SA/s1600/The+10th+Doctor+%25282%2529.jpg

here's a pretty good one. Smile
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime24th December 2011, 9:55 pm

Do you have it a bit more HQ? It's in LQ for me. I'm sorry, it's only so it turns out nicer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime24th December 2011, 10:27 pm

No, I found that on google. It was larger than 1000 x 1000, but it will be hard for me to find stuff with a higher resolution just doing a google search, or at least the same image. Most stuff on the internet is 72 dpi.
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime24th December 2011, 11:23 pm

Do you try google image search with the setting 'large'?. That's how I get most of my images. Sometimes you can get them up to 3000 by 3000 pixels and sometimes even larger! I tried looking up Doctor Who on large google images. There are a few there that work out ok =-]
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 2:36 am

Does anyone have a fave piece? I think my Amanda Seyfried one is best
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 3:04 am

Sorry for triple posting. I done this colouring to a picture last night. What do you think?
https://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz180/AgnethaFan/?action=view¤t=amandapsd7.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs825.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fzz180%2FAgnethaFan%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dcoloringcomp2.jpg
This is only a draft, I was going to tone the colouring down a bit more.

It's for a competition on a graphic forum here
http://z10.invisionfree.com/Shadowplay/index.php?showtopic=25155
But as you can see, the people there are extremely talented. The 'elite' members have entered. (in other words, the 'graphic gods' who are on 'famous' 'legend' 'talented' or 'inspiring' levels, I'm only on the 'promising' level which is near the bottom).

The inspring and up members win ALL THE TIME. It's rare if a promising or under person wins. 'Evolving' also has very talented crew (level above me).

I just don't want to waste my time against these people. Should I enter anyway? Even that first entry from a aspiring member is realllllly good. 'UndertheMoon' 'Ash13' 'Cristela' and 'Nostalgia' are graphic elite. The decide winners by 'voting', which means the very talented members get will get so many votes and promising and under members get 0 or if lucky, 1 vote. I don't want to get upset if I get zero votes or only one. I entered a comp once with other entries, I only got a few and everyone else had over 10. (because I was so upset I cheated and made multiple accounts to get an extra two votes, don't worry, I never done it again).
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 8:37 am

Well everyone has to start somewhere, so really I wouldn't be upset if you don't win competitions. Keep trying! I think you making some really amazing graphics and over time you will get better and eventually be like one of those "graphic elites" that you mentioned.

And i like that coloring! I wouldn't have even been able to tell it had been altered if I hadn't seen the original pic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SerenaFan's art Empty
PostSubject: Re: SerenaFan's art   SerenaFan's art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SerenaFan's art

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: Creativity Corner :: Artists-