The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest Empty
PostSubject: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 9:44 am

The Heroes' Quest
Creator: Sailor Mercury

Forum: Crystal Tokyo
Type: Relaxed

Plot Summary:
Narcissus is a guardian who has abandoned his charge because of his failure and his belief that she never needed him. But after being in hiding for almost three centuries, he is about to run into the only other person from his past who knows who he is; Perseus, who had once tried to help Narcissus' first charge, the first Sailor Andromeda, in her battle against the sea monster. Now that Perseus has befriended the new Sailor Andromeda, the truth about her missing guardian is about to come to light. As if this isn't complicated enough, soon Narcissus gets taken by a gorgon who wants to turn him into stone and keep him in her collection forever. Will Perseus and Andromeda risk coming face to face with the infamous Medusa to save a vain, obnoxious, and good-for-nothing guardian?

Details on any necessary information: This is the sequel to The Hero's Ghost which is now in the Hall of Fame.

Restrictions: Only for Sailor Andromeda, Perseus, and Narcissus, the rest will be NPCed.

Source: N/A

OOC Thread: N/A

Characters:
- Sailor Mercury: Sailor Andromeda & Narcissus
- JupiterThunderCrash: Perseus
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 10:07 am

A bright beam of light fell from the sky on planet Andromeda, landing in the center of the royal family's castle courtyard. The silver light faded to reveal Perseus, sprawled on his back in his ancient armor. He stood up with a grunt, brushing the grass stains off him. Mercury had fixed the transporter, but it still has some bugs to work out, he guessed. At least he didn't appear over the ocean. The silver wristband he wore would act as a way to get back home.

"I need to work out a better landing..." he said, before looking around for Kira. She had said that they would meet in the courtyard today.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 10:24 am

[Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest 5531w1

Kira stood outside the castle wearing a long turquoise dress that was more suited to wear outdoors with its low neckline and short sleeves. She didn’t really like wearing her princess dress unless in formal occasions anymore, and she certainly didn’t want to stick out like a sore thumb in town, where she planned to take Percy to today. Last time he was here, he barely had time to relax thanks to all that ghost drama. She was hoping this time his visit would be more peaceful.

A beam of light appeared in her line of vision and she turned towards it. When it faded, Percy appeared, though perplexingly, he was sprawled on his back. She hurried over to him, half amused and half worried. “Are you okay?” she asked when she stopped in front of him. “That looked as if you were dropped from the sky or something. I thought teleporters were supposed to just move you through the… dimensions or whatever.”

Apparently Andromeda was not advanced enough for it, so they didn’t have one yet.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 12:25 pm

"It was supposed to bring me directly here, but the landing coordinates were off by a few meters, I guess," Percy said. "At least I'm not floating in orbit or something." That'd be a sight to see, having to get rescued from space.

"So what did you want to show me around here, I didn't get to see much last time besides the castle and the ocean." What was the rest of the city like? And what about the other islands if there were any inhabited ones? Percy wanted to go exploring this visit.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 3:30 pm

Kira laughed at Percy’s explanation. She brightened as he asked where they were going. “We’ll go into town today so you can see the rest of the kingdom, and maybe meet some of the townspeople. I know a bunch of them, though the whole princess thing makes it a bit tough to make friends. But come on, I’ll treat you with a drink. We have some nice ale in our tavern.”

She grabbed his hand and started leading him to the bustling city, where people were going about their business as usual. They went through the fish market—the most crowded part yet—where all sorts of sea creatures were sold from the small ones to the really big ones. She thought she even saw a giant octopus on someone’s table.

Squeezing through the throngs of people, she finally turned to a less crowded alley where there was a place called The Mermaid’s Clam. Kira opened the door and stepped inside, where there was a long wooden bar with bottles and kegs behind it and an aging bartender waiting behind it. There were quite a few patrons scattered about, but not as packed as it would be when night fell.

Kira approached the bar as easily as if she went here every day. “You have to taste one of our specialty drinks. It’s called The Squid Ink, but it’s not as terrible as it sounds. In fact, it’s downright delicious,” she told Percy.

As she approached the bar, the old man did a double take and straightened. “Princess! You—”

“Sshhh,” Kira immediately shushed him, glancing around to check if anybody heard. A few people looked over, but the rest seemed too self-absorbed too notice. “How many times do I have to tell you I don’t want you announcing my arrival, Leith?”

The old man looked flustered. Kira soldiered on. “I need two glasses of Squid Inks, please. And make it thick.”

He looked back and forth between Kira and Percy, looking conflicted. “But, Your Highness, the last time you drank them you wouldn’t stop and you tried to, uh… climb onto the—”

“Ssshhh!” Kira said again, more persistent this time. “No one’s drinking that many today. Just two. Okay? Can we please get that? Or do I have to issue a royal order?”

The bartender, Leith, finally nodded and went to fill two glasses with dark purple liquid and served it on the counter.

Kira grinned at Percy. “I dare you to try this,” she lifted one of the glasses and offered it to him.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th June 2015, 7:57 pm

"Oooh, I didn't take you for a tavern kind of girl..." Percy grinned. He hadn't been to a bar in ages. Though he was definitely excited about seeing the rest of the kingdom. He stared as Kira led her through the fish market, imagining what that kind of seafood tasted like. His home on Earth was also a fishing town, so it was nice that there were similarities between them, even if the catch of the day was a bit...bigger here. 

He raised a brow as she led him to an establishment called The Mermaid's Clam, but didn't comment on the name, no matter how much he dearly wanted to. He'd wait to see how it looked on the inside first, at least. To his surprise and relief, it looked like a normal,  old fashioned bar. It reminded him of the taverns on Io in the past, and he relaxed as he took in the somewhat familiar scent of wood and mead.

Percy listened as Kira talked with the bartender, getting more and more nervous about this supposed Squid Ink. Just how crazy was it if the bartender was hesitating to sell it to his princess?

"A Jovian doesn't back down from any kind of challenge," he said, taking the glass. He gulped as he looked at the contents of the glass. "Even though I'm starting to suspect that this is some kind of legal poison  disguised as mead," he joked. He hesitantly sniffed it, detecting something like grape. And then he bit the bullet and tipped the Squid Ink into his mouth, trying to drink it like a shot. 

It definitely burned a bit going down, and the flavor was intense, like someone had shoved three bottles of wine into one serving. "W-whoa..." Percy coughed and set the glass down on the counter, blinking a few times. "That's...pretty good actually." He laughed. "And you prefer to drink this? It's almost as crazy as the 200 year old barrels of beer I found in a bar cellar on Jupiter once. Too bad those aren't around anymore..."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 9:20 am

Kira giggled at Percy’s comment about the drink being poison but decided not to comment, waiting patiently as he sniffed it first. She grinned as she watched Percy down the contents of the glass. She had to admit he had the spirit of someone who knew how to have a good time, and she was glad. She could use more friends like him.

She laughed as he started coughing violently. “Oops. I probably should have told you not to gulp it down like that,” she said without even a tiny bit of remorse. Naturally, he found that it tasted good despite the abundance of alcohol in it. “Well, I did tell you I’m not your regular princess. I don’t like weak drinks.” She took a few gulps from her own glass, relishing the way it warmed her throat on the way down. She didn’t even flinch anymore since she was so used to the taste.

“So, you want another one, or would you like to try something else?”

She could probably finish a couple more glasses, but it was probably not advised, lest she started swinging from the chandelier or something.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 1:10 pm

Percy watched as Kira drank her glass, impressed that she could withstand that much alcohol without hesitation. That took practice.

"So maybe I'm rusty at bar drinking, cut me some slack," Percy said. "I bet I could handle something else though. I'm just getting warmed up!" There weren't a lot of opportunities to practice when he was stuck as a cat, but he could surely get the hang of it soon. He had no desire to let his host beat him at this.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 6:36 am

“Okay! Challenge accepted,” Kira giggled as she turned back to the bartender. “Let’s see… can we get a shot of Pearl Drops and… a glass of Siren’s Tears?”

The old man clearly had given up trying to protest, so he just went straight to work. Not too long after, he presented them with two different drinks. The first one was in a shot glass, with a round pinkish object sitting at the bottom, fizzing and bubbling as if it was releasing soda into the water. It was beginning to slowly but surely dissipate into the water, turning the liquid light pink. “This is called Pearl Drops,” she explained to Percy. “This one’s really strong, even stronger than the Squid Ink, which is why it’s in a shot glass. You’re meant to swallow the entire thing, including the pearl, in one gulp and enjoy the ride.”

The taste was sharp and tangy the first moment it hit someone’s tongue, but then there was a pleasantly sweet aftertaste. It was always a surprise for first time drinkers, though.

“And this other one is Siren’s Tears,” she pointed at the other bigger glass, which for all intents and purposes looked just like a glass of water. “It’s kind of like… champagne, I think is what they call it on Earth, but it has kind of a lemon-y taste. This one is less surprising, but children still like to use it as pranks on unsuspecting people because they look just like ordinary water.”

“So, which one do you want to try first?” she asked with a grin.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 9:58 pm

"The Pearl Drops of course!" Perseus said, picking up the shot glass to look at it closer. He wondered what the pearl was made of and how it dissolved like that. This planet had some interesting drinks, that's for sure. But he wouldn't shy away from it. 

"Wish me luck..." He gave Kira a lopsided grin and emptied the shot glass,dramatically letting it clank against the bar as he put it back down. He swallowed hard and his eyes teared up at the taste, until it mellowed out into something more enjoyable. "That's a rush," Percy said. His head stung a bit, but he ignored it. "But what was that pearl made of? I've never seen anything like that before."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime27th July 2015, 5:02 am

She was impressed and excited when Percy chose the stronger drink. Grinning when he asked her to wish him luck, she watched intently as he downed the contents of the glass and laughed when she saw his expression. “Isn’t it? Gotta be careful, though, can’t have too many of them.” Kira had had a glass served for her too and followed suit, emptying it easily. She scrunched up her nose at the sharp taste but quickly enjoyed the sweeter taste. That drink could get addicting pretty fast.

“It’s the fruit found from one of our native plants, the Acantha. The tree is very thorny and picking the fruits can be difficult, but as you can see, worth it. They’re very sensitive to water and dissolve quickly, though, so we must always keep them in dry areas if we don’t want to lose them. We usually put them in greenhouses because once it rains, the next day all of the fruits are just gone. That’s why we usually pluck and store them the moment they appear. You could eat them dry too, but they taste so much better with alcohol.”

Their little drinking game had attracted several people’s eyes, and Kira noticed that among some of them were the village’s most eligible ladies. And they were definitely eyeing Percy, though she also noted the worried looks darted toward her, probably wondering if he was taken. Kira knew she could totally block whatever opportunity Percy had in moving on from Nerida by giving the impression that they were together, especially because she was the princess of this land. No one would dare even talk to him.

“So…” she said playfully, twirling her glass. “You want me to introduce you to some of these ladies?” she asked in a pretend seductive tone. It had only been a couple weeks since their encounter with Nerida’s spirit, though, so she quickly added, “Or is it too soon?”
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime28th July 2015, 11:47 pm

"Hm?" For the first time in a long while, Perseus had completely failed to notice the other girls in the bar. He discreetly looked at the group of ladies out of his peripheral vision. A year ago he would have already been walking over to flirt with them, but he found himself content where he was. 

Strange. But...it wouldn't hurt to talk with them. What did he have to lose?

"Nerida wouldn't have wanted me to mourn for the rest of my life," Percy said. "I've got to at least try to date sometime, right?" He stool from his seat, taking a moment to make sure his balance was still in tact after those 2 drinks. He really didn't want to tip over like a klutz.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime30th July 2015, 12:41 pm

“Careful there, Casanova,” Kira giggled. “Remember that you’ve had some strong drinks. Drunken flirtation is not attractive, contrary to popular belief.”

She assessed the group of girls quickly before whispering. “Okay, I see three potential targets in this room. Two in that group of four—one is taken and the other… well, you just don’t want to get involved with her, trust me. But the brunette with blue eyes is sweet. She’s kind of shy, though, so you’ll definitely have to work for it. The redhead, well, she doesn’t really have a filter, if you like that kind of girl. But she’s got a good heart inside. On the far corner,” she glanced to where a dark haired pale girl was sitting alone, reading a book of all things in a bar.

“Well, she’s quite an enigma. A tough challenge. But I know her father and he always speaks kindly about her, sounding so proud of her achievements. She’s really smart, but apparently her father is worried she’ll never find a suitor because no man can match her intelligence.”

She grinned and nudged him. “So, which one are you interested in?”

Judging from his past taste, she would guess he liked the girly girl type, which probably meant the first choice, but maybe he would surprise her yet.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime4th August 2015, 12:42 am

"Hm..." Percy looked at the three girls Kira had pointed out, thinking about the description he had gotten for each one. The first girl, the shy one, was definitely pretty, but... what if she was too shy to talk to him normally? Or what if he drowned her out by being too overbearing? That wouldn't be fun.

The second girl, the redheaded one, said what was on her mind, but so did he. He had a feeling that having two people with no filter around each other would not end well. One of them should be able to stop and think at least. 

The last girl was very interesting though. She had scared suitors away with just her brains? Definitely a hard person to crack, but Percy wanted to give it a try.

"What's the third girl's name?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime17th August 2015, 12:42 pm

Kira watched as Percy contemplated his options, then settled on the third. “Well, that was unexpected,” she said, raising her eyebrows. So he liked a challenge—an enigma. Interesting.

“Her name is Eliana. I’m afraid I’ve never spoken to her much, so I guess you’re on your own with this one.” She prodded Percy forward. “Good luck then. I’ll be here, drinking some more while I watch. Maybe I’ll also order popcorn.”

She giggled and waited to see what would surely be an amusing entertainment.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime25th August 2015, 10:38 am

"You say that like I'm already going to fail," Percy said, though he wasn't really offended. So her name was Eliana, interesting... Well she couldn't be that unapproachable. He'd faced more intimidating things than a woman reading in a bar. Percy stood up straighter and walked over to Eliana, introducing himself.

About an hour later, Percy was back at the other end of the bar with Kira again with a significant number of empty glasses in front of them. He hadn't exactly scored a date with Eliana, but he did have an interesting talk with her about planet Andromeda in general, so that was a plus. As a celebration for not getting completely blown off, he had ordered another round of drinks, which quickly spiraled into their present situation.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime6th September 2015, 1:58 pm

So it turned out Percy wasn’t terrible at flirting, especially with an unpredictable girl. From what she had observed, it seemed like he got more than a few words out of Eliana and coaxed her out of her book’s world for a little bit. Although he hadn’t scored a date with her, it was still pretty impressive.

The present situation, as Percy put it, was that both of them were pretty drunk. Not quite as drunk as the time she had climbed… the thing the bartender mentioned, but definitely not sober enough to operate any sort of vehicle.

It was around this time that a new handsome young man strolled into the tavern. His hair was golden, his jaw chiseled, his eyes gleaming blue. He immediately started flirting with the girls, oblivious to Percy and Kira’s presence for the time being.

Kira looked up at him and tilted her head. “Don’t remember ever seeing him before… I think I’ll remember a face like that. Mmm… he looks delicious.”
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime7th September 2015, 2:00 am

Perseus sipped on a weaker drink now, taking his time with it instead of immediately draining his cup. His hazy attention was grabbed by Kira's words, and he too looked up to see the bar's newcomer. 

"Hm...?" It took his mind a few moments to decipher Kira's meaning when she used the word "delicious", and then it clicked. She thought he was attractive, and...well...the man was definitely handsome. That settled it! Kira had helped him today, so he was going to return the favor.

"...Oh that guy? I can get him over here for you, no problem. Just leave it to me..." He smiled and sent her a thumbs up before pushing himself up from the bar seat. His center of gravity was a little off, but he got over it enough to walk if he took it slow. Determined to try to hook his friend up, Percy made his way towards the young man.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime8th September 2015, 4:57 am

Kira giggled when Percy claimed that he could get the guy to talk to her. Oh, so they were both playing each other’s wingman? She didn’t know how coherent she could be, though, but he had approached the young man before she could stop him. She suppressed another round of giggles as she watched him wobble slightly. How hilarious would it be if he faceplanted in the middle of the bar?

Narcissus was doing what he did best; winning all the women’s hearts. He was in the middle of assuring a redhead that he would stop by her house later for sure when he turned to look up at a man walking towards their table. In amusement he noted that the man looked like he’d had a couple glasses to drink. Ooh, was he going to cause trouble? Will Narcisse get to play the hero when he inevitably ‘protected’ all the ladies from this drunken man?

He squinted. The man looked a tad bit familiar. Where had he seen him before?

The sound of a giggle made his gaze shift to a flash of turquoise behind the staggering man, and his heart stopped. Kira.

He occasionally saw her here, but not very often, since she was a princess and all. Usually he always made it a point to check out the place first, but today he’d let his guard down, and of course she was there. Not that she would recognize him, considering how well he’d hidden himself from her for her entire life. Shame once again washed over him, and he rose, preparing to leave. Even if it wouldn’t matter whether Kira saw him or not, he still didn’t like being in such close proximity to her, constantly reminded of his failure and his cowardice.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime8th September 2015, 8:40 pm

"Hey, buddy!" Percy called, trying his best to not sound slurred. "Can you come over here for a second?" He frowned when the man seemed to take a look at him and start to leave. Guys liked princesses, right? Why didn't he want to go meet Kira? It failed to occur to him that he had yet to even introduce her."

"What's the rush? I'm talking to you!" Annoyed now, Percy moved to grab Narcissus by the shoulder and turn him around. And that's when he finally recognized him. "Wait...I've seen you before." A dim light bulb went of in his head. "You're that Narcissus guy!"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime9th September 2015, 12:45 pm

[Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest 7tY3hND

Ugh, what did this guy want? Did he actually… was he trying to get Narcisse to come towards Kira? Oh, he definitely had to get out of there.

Unfortunately, this guy was really persistent, and he was loud, too. He was definitely making a scene. Attracting Kira’s attention, too, most likely, though Narcisse didn’t dare look her way. “Sorry, I just remembered I had something important…”

He was cut off when the other man claimed that he’d seen him before. And then Narcisse winced when he said his name out loud. He reluctantly looked at the stranger, once again getting the niggling feeling that he was familiar.

“Do I know—?”

And then it clicked. It was Perseus, of course. The hero that had tried to assist Nerida in killing the sea monster. He couldn’t believe he’d forgotten—well, okay, it was 300 years ago give or take, but still. That day was etched forever in his memory.

“I… I think you’ve got me confused with someone else. Excuse me, I really need to go…”

“What’s the rush, Narcisse darling?” one of the women behind him piped up, her voice slithery. In hindsight, this should have been a clue. He also cursed her for confirming that Perseus did, in fact, have the right person.

Narcisse turned around and saw her. She was one of his ‘regulars’—Medusa. She was definitely one of the clingy ones, too.

“You were just saying you’re going to come back to my place,” she ran her hand along his arm, puckering her lips. “You’re not going to break your promise, are you? That would be the third time you’ve flaked on me.”

Narcisse sighed. He suddenly felt really trapped, and all he wanted to do was get out of there. “I’m sorry, Medusa, tomorrow, okay? I promise.”

Her eyes suddenly flashed dangerously, and she gripped his arms tighter. “You have turned me down one too many times, Narcissus. I grow tired of this game. I wish to keep you forever, and I will do so now. Even if you won’t be warm or breathing anymore.”

“W-what?!” Narcisse suddenly felt scared.

This woman was certifiably insane. He knew he drove all of them crazy, but there was supposed to be a line!
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime14th September 2015, 11:14 am

Perseus wasn't entirely sure what was going on in front of him, but he decided that he needed to stop it. He wasn't about to let Narcissus get away from him that easily.

"I'm not done with him yet, lady!" Percy said, taking a step towards Medusa. His hand fumbled to grab his sword's handle, but when he pulled it out, the weapon's weight threw him off balance and he almost fell over before catching himself again. Moving quickly in his state was probably a bad idea, but he had to try...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime6th October 2015, 1:01 am

What was going on? It seemed like the situation had escalated from zero to sixty in about three seconds flat. Kira might be drunk, but she wasn’t hallucinating this, right?

For some reason that guy seemed afraid of Percy. He was trying to leave, but then this other woman stepped in, looking and sounding threatening. Kira couldn’t really hear the entire thing perfectly but she thought she heard something about ‘not breathing’, which definitely alarmed her.

Percy tried to get between them, but in his drunken state he wasn’t having much luck. The woman batted him to the side as if she was batting a fly and grabbed the gorgeous guy’s toned arms.

“You’re coming with me,” she hissed, the voice making Kira’s skin crawl.

“Hey!” she stood up, annoyed that the woman was rude to Percy and now seemed like she was about to start something. “Is this woman bothering you?” she asked of the golden boy, who turned to look between his captor and Kira with frightened eyes. He seemed unable to speak, unable to decide who between the two women was worse.

Well, that was just rude.

“I am the princess of this kingdom and I order you to unhand this gentleman right now!” she glared at the other woman. She didn’t invoke her title much, and certainly not when she was drunk, but sometimes it came in handy.

Instead the other woman just sneered. “If you know what’s good for you, princess, don’t follow us.” With that, she dragged the man outside as casually as if she was leaving with a friend.

Kira tried to grab her shoulder, but she just pushed her back toward another table. The people sitting around it exclaimed in surprise and panic as Kira tumbled over their glasses and drinks.

Furious, Kira tried to right herself and grabbed a bottle that had rolled near her foot. She raced forward and attempted to clobber the back of the woman’s head, but due to her disturbed balance, she ended up swinging too wide and falling toward the floor instead. In an attempt to correct her step, she stumbled over her own feet instead and the bottle went flying toward Percy’s head of all things.

Then she landed on the wooden floor with a thud and an ‘oomph’, and proceeded to pass out, the kidnapped man’s screams for help echoing in the distance before everything turned to black.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime6th October 2015, 11:23 am

Medusa's swing pushed Percy to the ground easily, and his vision swam after he landed on his backside. It took a minute for the room to stop swaying so he could attempt to stand again. He could see Kira trying to finish what he had started, and being badly outmaneuvered. Just as he was about to jump to his feet, the bottle cracked him over the skull, and he slumped over just as Kira passed out.

Percy woke up to a splitting headache that had to be more than just the aftereffects of the bar visit. He groaned and slowly sat up, realizing that the sun was starting to set now. How long had he been sleeping? And where had Narcissus and his captor gone in that time? 

His hand ran through his hair and found bits of bottle glass, and the pounding at the top of his head suddenly made more sense. His eyes fell on another shape sitting in a chair that he recognized as Kyra, and he grabbed his abandoned sword and sheathed it before getting to his feet again. Someone must have moved her off the floor then.

"Hey...." He stood next to her and shook her shoulder. "We have to get up, come on..."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime7th October 2015, 2:03 pm

“Hmpf? ‘M not drunk…” Kira mumbled as someone shook her, bringing consciousness—and along with it a lot of unpleasant sensations—back to her.

She slowly opened her eyes, staring first at Percy, who looked about as bad as she felt.

“Where am…?” She sleepily looked around and tried to remember the last thing that happened.

They were drinking. Right. In fact, it seemed like they were still at Mermaid’s Clam. Had she fallen asleep here? Her body ached—more than just her head. Was it because of her awkward sleeping pos—ohhh. Suddenly, the memory of that creepy woman and the gorgeous guy he kidnapped came back to her. And her disastrous failed attempt at saving him.

“Oh my gosh! That guy was kidnapped!”

She instinctively jumped up, and her vision swam. Wobbling, she slowly grabbed onto the chair again. Right, not so fast, then.

“Princess! You’re awake!” The old barman came over immediately with a glass of water. “You scared me almost to death. I was this close to calling the palace—”

“But you didn’t, right?!” she demanded.

“O-of course not,” he quickly said.

Kira nodded in approval and gulped the water while the barman offered another glass to Percy. “What happened? Who’s that woman who kidnapped that guy?”

“That’s Medusa, Your Highness. She’s… always been pretty strange, but I never thought she would actually kidnap someone… Then again… we weren’t sure if it was actual kidnapping or whether she was just being pushy. After all, she’s…”

Kira narrowed her eyes. “A woman? Doesn’t make her any less dangerous.”

She turned to Percy. “You okay?”
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime7th October 2015, 11:18 pm

Percy jumped back and winced when Kira yelled, the pounding in the back of his head intensifying. This planet's drinks weren't anything to joke about... He took the water with a mumbled thanks and chugged it, and then rested the cold glass on his temple.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said. "My head was harder than the bottle that hit me, luckily." Medusa must have gotten him while he was distracted... "I can walk it off." Percy placed the glass back down on the counter. "But we need to go after her, before she does something terrible to whoever she took." He turned to the bartender. "Do you happen know where this Medusa woman hangs out? Maybe her home or a place of business?" Percy wanted to tell Kira about the man he had recognized as Narcissus, but he had a feeling that doing it in public wasn't the best idea. He had no idea how she would react, so he'd break it to her once they were alone...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime8th October 2015, 1:33 pm

Something he said about a bottle hitting his head jolted her memory. Didn’t she try to hit this Medusa woman with a bottle? She shook her head, confused but deciding it wasn’t important for now.

“Agreed. We have a rescue mission to do,” she concluded, then winced. “Although I wish I didn’t have to do it while not completely sober…”

She hadn’t been very effective before, and sure, she’d slept for a couple hours, but she still felt like crap. Not to mention the hangover…

“Well, I do know she lives above her shop on the south side of town,” the bartender was saying. “She sells sculptures and other stone decorations in a shop called The Serpent’s Gaze. It’s at the very end of Triton Road. Princess, shouldn’t we call the palace guards? If this were truly a kidnapping? You’re not well—”

“Shhhh. You think the palace guards can do better than the senshi of this planet? It’s my job to protect my people here,” Kira tried to put her finger on the old man’s lips and almost ended up tipping over. He caught her and righted her again.

“You take care of magical threats. Surely you can leave the simple crimes to the authorities, lest they are paid with our taxes for nothing, princess.”

Kira glared at him. “Is that an official complaint?”

The barman sighed. “Do what you like. It’s not like you don’t always do it anyway…” He gave Percy an almost sympathetic look, then disappeared into the back.

Kira turned to Percy. “Let’s go find this woman then. Hopefully she hasn’t killed him yet…”

It had been several hours since the two of them left. She hoped they weren’t too late as she walked out of the bar, heading for the place the barman had indicated.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime9th October 2015, 9:00 am

Percy gave the bartender a shrug in return for his look. If Kira was set on doing something herself, then it was almost pointless to try and talk her out of it. She was too stubborn to be so easily dissuaded. All they could do is back her up and hope it worked out.

As Percy followed her to the Serpent's Gaze, he made sure to keep an eye on her in case she wasn't as okay as she thought she was. The last thing they needed was Medusa beating them a second time because they were too hung over to even walk straight. 

"...Are you sure you're alright?" Percy asked. Maybe they could visit an apothecary first...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime10th October 2015, 11:29 am

“Well, I could be better,” she admitted grumpily as she walked. If only there were a fast cure for hangovers…

She paused. “Actually, there is, but the taste almost makes it not worth it.” And the price wasn’t cheap, either. Of course, money wasn’t exactly an issue for her.

She made a turn towards the apothecary and peered inside, pausing by the doors. “An expensive and kind of disgusting, yet effective herb exists that could sober us up right away. I suppose it’s only wise to get it before we attempt a rescue mission, huh?”
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime10th October 2015, 1:43 pm

"Huh? What is?" Percy listened as she talked about a medicine that could help them. "Well if it really works, I'll take it. I'd rather not have to face Medusa again if neither of us are at full strength. We won't be of much help to him."

Percy wasn't a fan of herbal remedies, or medicine of any kind, but he'd do it for the sake of getting better as fast as possible. This headache was getting really annoying....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest   [Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Relaxed] The Heroes' Quest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top