The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Do you read RPs you aren't in strictly for entertainment?
Yes!
Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_lcap59%Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_rcap
 59% [ 13 ]
No!
Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_lcap36%Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
I read them only for Moderator/Admin reasons!
Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_lcap5%Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? Empty
PostSubject: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 7:40 pm

We were just having a discussion about this in the RP Activity Boost Skype Chat, and I wondered just how many people did this. So vote in the poll and discuss whether you do or don't read RP you aren't actually in and why! Unless you just read them because you moderate that section. XD
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 8:00 pm

I have the OOC section so I don't have any to read! Although I am always willing to take over a section if anyone is on LOA or needs a little help one month and are a bit overwhelmed  Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? 1955989781

I'm just really picky with plots. Chances are if I like it, I'm already a part of it. Smile The only one I ever read was Earth Kingdom Adventures for my mod training and I really did enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 8:15 pm

I will occasionally read through different RPs to get a feel of everybody's style or to learn more about different characters (OCs in particular) and how they react in different situations. Besides, reading is always a good way to expand your vocabulary and sentence structures. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 8:28 pm

Not at all. There was only one time I ever did on another forum, but that's simply because I was incredibly interested in another member's writing style and genuinely wanted to know what happened to his character.

I think since a good portion of the RP is fragmented and there's not many linking threads, I likely won't read others. That being said though, there are plenty of great writers here. On a personal level, I don't like reading stuff that isn't otaku based, since I have my own interpretation of how characters should act that gets in the way of my enjoyment. That's just a personal thing though.

Last edited by Sailor CJ on 2nd November 2015, 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 8:52 pm

I've only recently started, actually. I haven't done forum RPGs in years, I only recently started back up here at GC. I never usually read old RPs, but if the little header you guys have for each monthly RP with the summery catches my interest, then I skim it and read the whole rp later.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 10:45 pm

I'm like Addy, if I were interested in it, I would be in it, so if I'm not chances are I'm not interested enough to follow it xD
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime11th June 2015, 11:10 pm

I try to make a point to read all RPs on the forums, because I like to see how other members interpret characters. We have so many creative minds in this section and I know I will not be disappointed when I go to read an RP. The emotions you guys evoke is just too much for me to pass up xD 

I look at it in terms of the Golden Rule. I would want others to read my hard work that I put into to roleplays, so I read others' hard work in hopes that some may read mine. It's a win-win thing Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Cattleya
Star Seed

Cattleya

Star Seed

Title : ~*Ms. Awkward*~

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 1:31 am

I do! It's really fun. [Even tho I only read the advanced or the featured ones lmao] and they give me ideas on how to improve my roleplaying (I don't really rp here but I do rp a lot in roleplay wikis at Wikia.com.)
Back to top Go down
http://cloudywithachanceofdork.tumblr.com http://sugarhigh123.deviantart.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 3:06 pm

Nope! Expect for the ones in my section.

I really don't care. XD
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime15th June 2015, 6:26 pm

Sometimes I get sidetracked when I tally all the post counts because I have a hard time not reading stuff TT.TT I had to really focus otherwise it would take me forever to finish!!
Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqQtjKXsUjFquq1yrxpkCKCYwiiGpO2JW0cr7LaUub6voSVgJ1Dw
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime15th June 2015, 6:29 pm

Love the image Anait xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime15th June 2015, 6:35 pm

I was really happy when I found it!
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime6th August 2015, 12:04 am

I do. I have some free time so I can wander around a bit. But the RPs have to include characters I'm very fond of (or sometimes I'll read roleplay I am not in because it is needed - Lunar Chronicles for example though it had most of the characters I love anyway). I love to read others' stuff because it allows to see talents everywhere. I don't always read everything, not because it's not great or anything, but mostly because I jump from one thing to another a lot and keeping up with every threads ever written here would probably take years.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime1st November 2015, 5:47 pm

No, simply because I don't have the spare time to do so Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? 702547589 .  There are a few storylines here on GC where, because of some plug it got or the idea behind it that I saw, I wanted to get into reading it to see how they play(ed) the idea out.  But I have never been able to get around to these (see reason above).
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime1st November 2015, 7:04 pm

I do read some of them for fun but also encouragement and knowledge/ideas for making my own and doing my own posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?   Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do You read RPs that You Aren't Involved with Just for Entertainment?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top