The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cattleya
Star Seed

Cattleya

Star Seed

Title : ~*Ms. Awkward*~

[Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea Empty
PostSubject: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 6:23 am

So I figured that I probably watched too much of Pitch Perfect 2 and Love Live School Idol Project that this kind of crazy idea popped into my mind. Like super cray-cray that nobody probably had thought of it before. You ready? It's... Usagi secretly working in a record label which is coincidentally named Silver Millennium and ran by a suspiciously familiar person.

Before you close this tab or click the back button, hear me out. We all know Mitsuishi-san can sing and I mean sing so why can't Usagi? In a rare moment when she sings alone, the CEO of the company, named Selene Mikazuki (I bet ya'll know whose reincarnation this woman is), heard her and scouted her. And thus begins Usagi's (secret) singing career, joined by two other females named Sakura Haninozuka and Yekaterina Hinamori (half-Russian and half-Japanese). And no, they won't be Senshi.

Together, they form MOON DRiP, a rising idol group. Of course, the three have stage names and their stage appearances are very different from their everyday appearances, for example; Usagi's stage name is Tsuki (unoriginal I know) and her hair is in a, say, braided tie-back. 

See? I was serious when I said this was a crazy idea.  [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea 2869872805

Edit: The personalities are more manga-based. Also, in the beginning Sakura and Yekaterina (stage names are Cherry and Katja) would be stepping down after 5 years of being idols.

Edit 2: If the sample is good enough, I'll be creating a new thread for the official fanfiction titled Moon Melody.

Last edited by Cattleya on 19th June 2015, 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Sample is posted)
Back to top Go down
http://cloudywithachanceofdork.tumblr.com http://sugarhigh123.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 8:13 am

XD I think this is a really cute idea! ((I was kinda reminded of JEM XD)) and I think with the right audiences it'll work out really well! For me, having never seen Love Live School Idol Project or heard of Sakura Haninozuka or Yekaterina Hinamori (>.< if those are characters from there), I don't know how easily I'd get attached, but if you tag it as a crossover so people know what to expect beyond just Sailor Moon characters, I'm sure it'd go off rather well! 

And like if you wanted to keep it more in the Sailor Moon Universe for a stronger SM fanbase, you could shift the backup / complimentary singers to AU versions of Minako and Rei (even keeping those ethnicities) and you'd be set, as people would be invested in those characters and would be interested to see what you've done with them and how they would interact in your environment. 

^^ Either way, though, it's a cute idea XD
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Cattleya
Star Seed

Cattleya

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime10th June 2015, 8:59 pm

Ohhh nice idea! Oh and Sakura and Yekaterina are OCs. And I may have just gotten an idea on how to start it. Let's say Sakura and Yekaterina are stepping down for the sake of a break or something else and Silver Millennium is holding an audition. Of course, Rei and Minako enter and get the positions. And that's how they discover the famous Tsuki is actually Usagi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cattleya
Star Seed

Cattleya

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime19th June 2015, 3:13 am

Sample: (to see if this thing works)

A tall building stands in all its glory under the shine of the afternoon sun. At the top of the building is the sign "Silver Millennium Records". This building is the headquarters of the famous Silver Millennium Records, headed by Selene Mikazuki. SMR is one of the top recording labels of Japan and is well known throughout the country.

Of course, SMR being one of the top recording labels, one of the top idol groups must be associated with them. One idol group in particular is called MOON DRiP, which consists of three members; Cherry, Katja, and Tsuki. No one knows their real identities, except for the CEO, who is rumored to have been the one to scout each of the three.

For a long time, MOON DRiP's members have been tight knit and as close as sisters, it seemed that they would be together until the end. Them being separated sounds impossible. But of course, not everything goes to plan. A few weeks before the group's 2 year anniversary, Cherry was announced to leave the group for familial reasons and a week after that, Katja was stepping down due to lung problems.

With 2/3 of the group gone, the fans of MOON DRiP has been asking the same question "What will happen now?". A particular group of MOON DRiP's fans were gathered in Crown Arcade, 5 to be specific. Of course, these 5 girls also have a secret of their own. They were the city's primary defense against monsters called Youma. They were the Sailor Scouts. Nobody knew they were the Sailor Scouts, which is a bit surprising due to their great resemblance of the warriors. Maybe it's because the few people who saw them were too frozen in fear to notice or they don't really know their civilian identities...

"Hey guys, have you heard? Katja is stepping down today." A girl with long blonde hair tied back with a red bow and blue eyes informed the group as she sat down next to another blonde whose hair is tied back into two bunned pigtails and blue eyes, who did a spit take from her milkshake. "Ehh?! But Cherry stepped down a week ago! What about Tsuki?" She asked, disbelief in her voice. "Where did you hear about this, Minako-chan?" Another girl, this time with long raven hair and violet eyes, asked. Minako sighed, "I passed by an electronics store a while ago and they were reporting about Katja having some lung problems."

"That's pretty serious. MOON DRiP's routines are full of energetic and exhausting moves. I don't think Katja would be able to pull them off anymore." A girl sitting beside the raven-haired girl with short blue hair and blue eyes said with a sigh. The odango girl pouted. "They haven't even celebrated their 2nd anniversary yet." She complained as she sipped her milkshake. The mood dropped as they realized that Tsuki may be celebrating MOON DRiP's anniversary alone until the arcade's doors suddenly opened and a girl with brown hair tied in a ponytail and green eyes hurriedly ran to the group's table. She put her hands on the table to balance herself as she tried to catch her breath. The group looked worriedly at her. "What is it, Mako-chan?" The blue-haired girl asked.

The brunette regained her breath and looked up at the group with seriousness. She opened her mouth to inform everyone.

End of sample

Sooo... is it okay? >.<
Back to top Go down
RayOfHope
Pyramidal Crystal

RayOfHope

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime25th June 2015, 4:58 pm

Well, to be fair it could be a little more, umm... fluid. For instance:

"At the top of the building is the sign "Silver Millennium Records". This building is the headquarters of the famous Silver Millennium Records" is a little redundant.

or this

"Of course, SMR being one of the top recording labels, one of the top idol groups must be associated with them"

As a suggestion, you could write as "With SMR being one of the top recording labels, it was only natural that a group of fitting caliber would be on their patronage" =p

It should all come with practice and a little tweaking, though. Thesaurus. com is great for synonyms, I highly recommend it.

Also, yeah, I'd love to see a JEM inspired fic. Usagi and Rei are band rivals, and they bicker a lot. But they secretly hate seeing each other fail, figuring it's not fair to see such talent go to waste (based on my own experience) X)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea   [Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Sample Posted] Idol!Usagi AU idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top