The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Golden Girls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime27th November 2011, 4:06 pm

The Golden Girls is my favorite sitcom. I love old sitcoms in general. I was just wondering if anyone on here likes the show as well.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime27th November 2011, 4:51 pm

I've heard it referenced a lot, but to this day I still have no idea what it is about. -.-
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime27th November 2011, 5:08 pm

It's just about four older women living together in Miami, Florida dealing with problems of every day life and even has episodes about controversy topics from the 80s and early 90s.

The Characters:

Dorothy Zbornak: A witty substitute English teacher that went through a divorce. She used to live in New York.
Rose Nylund: a naive woman from a small town called St. Olaf, Minnesota. She tells stories from her hometown that sometimes makes no sense. She's a widow.
Blanche Devereaux (The owner of the house that they live in): She's from south and loves the attention of men. She may be self center at times, but she has a good heart. She's also a widow.
Sophia Pertillo (Dorothy's mother): A wise old woman from Sicily. She recently recovered from her stroke and because of the stroke she blurts out what ever comes to her mind. The girls go to her for advice and she tells her stories from Sicily and New York. She's also a widow.

That's basically it. The show has a charm to it. It was witty and funny. As you watched the show you learn to love these four women.
Back to top Go down
jmstarchild
Star Seed

jmstarchild

Star Seed

Title : Child of the Stars

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 4:21 pm

SCREAM

I love this show to bits!
I grew up watching it because of my mother. But it's a very good show. When it was first airing it was mostly popular with college students. It's extremely funny and makes you think hard in some episodes but most of all it's about four women uniting in their golden age and going though anything and everything together.
Back to top Go down
http://jmstarchild.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 4:28 pm

Hey I'm a college student and I love it! lol I just lost this show to death. It's so funny! You could tell the writers put in a lot of effort in each episode. When, I'm down and I watch this show it cheers me right up! I don't get to watch the show as often anymore. Disney took down almost every golden girl uploader on youtube. There a few random episodes left. The WE plays it, but they cut things out which angers me to death. The cut things our for commercials and content. The commericals I get because back then they didn't play as many commercials. But content!? Please there a worse shows on TV today and none of it gets censor.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 8:20 pm

I would watch this show if I caught it online. I never got super into it, but the episodes I did see were always pretty funny. I really loved the girls...they were pretty well written characters, and how often do you see a show about older women being awesome in everday life? Exactly. XD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 8:27 pm

It's hard to find it online these days. Disney owns the rights or something like that. Anyway, there a couple of people uploaded the entire series on youtube and Disney took it down. The only way to watch it now is either on WE or buy the boxsets. I would buy the boxsets because it's not edited and they're cheap. On Amazon you buy them like $14 and up or at Best Buy for $25.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 9:08 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
It's hard to find it online these days. Disney owns the rights or something like that. Anyway, there a couple of people uploaded the entire series on youtube and Disney took it down. The only way to watch it now is either on WE or buy the boxsets. I would buy the boxsets because it's not edited and they're cheap. On Amazon you buy them like $14 and up or at Best Buy for $25.

Makes me wonder if Netflix has it. But i don't think i could get the BF to watch it with me. lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 9:13 pm

I think you could, lol. I looked on Netflix and they have the complete series boxset, but I think you have to have it mailed to you. It didn't say anything about streaming it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 9:16 pm

Aw bummer, i went to stream only plan since it's cheaper for now.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime4th December 2011, 9:43 pm

Im going to do their free trail thing then when it's up I won't sign up for it. I rather spend my money else where. I was really bummed when saw it was DVD only.
Back to top Go down
LoLoTires
Pyramidal Crystal

LoLoTires

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : A Sailor Moon obsessed cheerleader

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime5th December 2011, 6:49 am

I absolutely love this show!! My mom and I used to watch it all the time!! Blanche and Sophia were my favorites Smile

If anyone's read A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams, did you see the similarities between Blanche DuBois, from the play, and Blanche Devereaux, from Golden Girls?? Or am I just crazy??
Back to top Go down
http://sailorbvb.tumblr.com
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime5th December 2011, 4:32 pm

I only got into Golden Girls recently. It's amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime22nd April 2012, 9:41 pm

On Mondays, I rush home from school to watch an evening marathon of the Golden Girls on WEtv.
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime22nd April 2012, 11:37 pm

I. LOVE. THIS. SHOW.

This is one of my favorite shows of all time. I love older sitcoms too.... Full House is my absolute favorite but Golden Girls is right up there too. I think I've seen every episode like 10 times XD I used to call my ex-gf Rose cuz she was seriously exactly like her. And I've been told I'm going to be the lesbian version of Blanche when I get old >>
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime23rd April 2012, 5:57 am

LOL. The golden girls are amazing! I'm probably going to be like Rose when I get older. XD
Back to top Go down
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime24th April 2012, 1:43 pm

That one episode where Rose is getting angry and Blanche and Dorothy make fun of her, saying she purses her lips so tight they disappear when she's mad? So my ex XD I'd make fun of her (lovingly, of course), and she'd make that exact same face XDD

Sophia is such an amazing character too. She never fails to make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime24th April 2012, 2:16 pm

I love Sophia too pieces. I love how she's old fashion, but so opened minded. I also love her smartalec comments.

My favorite episodes are:

The one where Dorthy's friend comes to visit and she falls for Rose. God I love Blanche's reaction because Dorthy's friend isn't interested in her. Also Sophia is jut so funny in that episode.

The one where they put on a play and the big shot actor comes to town.

The episode where they go to that hotel and play a murder mystery game.

All of the flashback episodes, like the St. Valentine's day one.

I really love the episode where we get to see Blanche's husband. I wished they did one for Rose's husband.

I have more, but I can't remember right now.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime25th April 2012, 2:28 pm

I love all of the episodes. The only where Sophia pissed me off is when she hooked up Gloria with Stan. I would have killed her! I see myself as a huge mix of Sophia, Blanche, and Dorothy.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime27th May 2012, 6:02 pm

One of my favorite shows of all time. It's hilarious and still worth watching whenever presented.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime28th May 2012, 6:26 pm

I always get sucked into that show on Monday nights. hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Golden Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Girls   The Golden Girls I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Girls

View previous topic View next topic Back to top