The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Advanced] Dead Ringer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime5th April 2016, 10:19 am

Jupiter woke up again, though this time, there was no twisted Dark Kingdom base loomign over them. Just the pure white snow under a bright sky. And just like before, Usagi was there. But she was...different now. Her eyes focused on the crescent mark on her forehead, the same one that Venus had. As if to contradict her, she looked at their princess, only to see a tiara where the mark used to be. What was going on?

As Venus was hugging and apologizing to Usagi, something finally clicked with Jupiter. It was like a floodgate had opened. This was Princess Serenity. How could she have forgotten? She had not connected the dots before Usagi had died, but seeing her in that dress with the Silver Crystal made it obvious.

But...why had Venus told them otherwise? Why lie to them?

"I...I don't understand..." she said, looking at Usagi and then Minako.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 6:13 am

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 9CzsVSN

She could barely look at Mercury as her fellow senshi questioned her, yet unable to even finish. Neither could Jupiter.

Venus looked down toward her own feet, her cheeks burning with shame.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry I had to lie to you. I thought… I thought if I told you we had lost the princess, then you would all… It would be… It was a losing battle. I didn’t think we could win no matter what, but I thought if you all just believed there was still hope, we might have a chance.”

She shook her head in regret. She knew it was wrong, but this was never meant to happen. She never imagined they would have this victory. She fully expected to die carrying this secret with her, but now she saw just how unfair that would be to the others.

“There is no excuse. I was just trying to save the world, and I made a judgment call.”

Maybe it was the wrong one, but the world was saved now.

She was ready to pay whatever the price for her lie was, even if it meant no longer leading her team.

Without her princess, what purpose did she have anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 12:36 pm

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 SailorMars_zps9021fab6

In this final stretch, Mars felt it. She felt the weight, the stress, the pressure she was under. She felt her pain, her years of solitude, her anger and loneliness. She knew this was the end, but she couldn't accept it. She couldn't leave Grandpa. She couldn't leave Usagi's legacy like this. She had to keep going.

She had to win.

But she couldn't. She knew by the look in Venus's eyes and the strain in her voice that it was over. They couldn't win.

But they would go down fighting.

Just as Mars was about to follow Mercury's lead, she suddenly felt warm. Warm, and happy, and free. There was only one person who had ever made her feel this way.

"U....sagi?" she whispered. There, in all her glory, stood her best friend. Like a trigger, tears poured down Mars's face. Usagi was here, she was okay, and even if this wasn't real, Mars was going to pretend like it was.

Mars pushed everything she had towards her friend, and with a blast of light, Metalia was defeated. It was the most beautiful, amazing feeling she had ever felt. Not only was her enemy gone, but her best friend was back. The biting cold of D Point was made irrelevant, replaced by the warmth of Usagi's presence.

Watching in shock, Venus threw her arms around Usagi...who looked...so different. This couldnt' be Usagi. There was no way. But to Mars's shock, Venus pulled away and introduced Usagi as the princess.

Their princess.

Had everything been a lie? The worship of Venus as the princess...it was all fake? While they wasted time worrying about Venus's safety, Usagi was the one they were supposed to protect? And Venus knew?!

Fury, confusion, and hurt flashed through Mars all at once. She was exhausted, the lack of energy pulling at her muscles, and she just couldn't bring herself to express this anger. She knew by the way Venus took her hand in battle, and the way Venus grieved over Usagi's death, that she had beaten herself up about this enough. For some reason, Mars felt such a deep connection with Venus. She couldn't quite place it, but she knew that her intention was never harmful.

And so Mars hugged her. Tears still flowing from her violet eyes, Mars hugged the girl who had lead them with lies, but also with love. She did the best she could, and that's all Mars needed to know. Pulling away slightly, Mars extended an arm towards Usagi, her princess, inviting her into the hug. This was what they all needed.

At the end of the day, the battle was won. Usagi was okay, no one was hurt, and it was over. That was what mattered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 6:33 am

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 KWGSLz5

Mercury froze, unable to reconcile her own emotions with Venus's words and explanation. Somehow the answer was almost as unsatisfactory as no answer at all. Her heart ached with how much she had failed Usagi: not only had Mercury failed to protect her, but she had failed to remember her. How could she have mistaken the other sailor soldier, leader of their team, for the brilliant star of her beloved Princess? How could Venus have believed in the rest of them so little that she thought they would abandon their mission?

She didn't want to chastise or punish her golden-haired teammate. Her blue eyes could see that the other girl suffered as well, weighed down by guilt and regret that Mercury couldn't even imagine. Screaming at the blonde wouldn't make her feel any better about everything that had happened. It wouldn't absolve the ways they had failed their Princess.

And it wouldn't bring Usagi back.

"What... what do we do now?" she asked, the tears she felt refusing to fall from her eyes anymore.

Mars, always bolder than she, reached forward to hug Venus and the Princess. Mercury felt torn, watching the scene, wondering if she could dare to embrace that pigtailed figure if there were no permanence. If the Princess faded away, her work on this battlefield done, what would be left for Mercury? What would happen to her first and truest friend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 10:45 pm

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 Jupite10

Jupiter wasn't sure how to react right now. She'd been lied to and led into a fight that Venus had not know if they could even win. She'd believed in Venus and could have died here in the snow, never knowing the truth about Usagi. She wanted to be angry at Minako for doubting their determination as senshi, and at herself for not protecting Usagi while she still could. But in a way, Makoto had let her die that day by choosing the wrong person. She had not remembered in time.

How could she blame just Minako, knowing that fact? Her jaw was tight, and she looked down at her boots, half sunk in the snow. The pain of seeing Sailor Moon at the bottom of the tower was fresh all over again. What was real was her death, and they could not fix that, no matter how much she cried and cursed and called for lightning to strike. What was done was done.

She had accepted that bitter lesson before, and she would have to do it again. But for now, she couldn't even look at Venus. She needed time to work it out first.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 6:31 am

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 9CzsVSN

Venus’ eyes widened in shock when Mars hugged her—the very last reaction she could ever hope for, especially from one as loyal to the “princess” as Mars had been. She had expected fury from the soldier of flame and passion, fury greater than anyone else’s on the team. To be absolved by her meant everything, and she couldn’t help the sobs that rocked her body as she hugged Mars back, clutching on to her tightly like a lifeline, regret and guilt weighing her down.

She didn’t deserve these soldiers… She didn’t deserve any of them. Not after she had used and manipulated them this way.

As Mars invited Serenity to the hug, the princess embraced them both warmly, with her forgiving light.

At Mercury’s question, she looked up. “Now you move on with your lives,” she said solemnly. “You have fought bravely and saved the world, and the threat has been neutralized. You deserve to live a good life now. And maybe, someday, if fate is willing… you’ll see me again.”

Serenity’s smile was sad as she looked them one by one.

“Mercury, don’t ever let anyone tell you you’re nothing without your intelligence. Jupiter, keep protecting your friends and defend the weak like you always have. Mars, don’t let what others say about you deter you in your sacred work as a priestess. And Venus…”

She looked at the leader of the senshi and squeezed her hand. “…Forgive yourself. And shine brightly without regret.”

Tears glistened in her eyes as she looked at her friends, taken way too soon from her, before she could even know them.

“Say your goodbyes, for I cannot linger here much longer.”

Venus was unable to stop crying, knowing that she was going to lose her princess all over again. Somehow, being forgiven felt way worse than being punished. She hugged Serenity one last time, drenching the princess' bare shoulders with her tears.

“I love you, Serenity. Usagi. May we meet again.”
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 6:57 am

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 KWGSLz5

Those final words from the Princess seemed to drive Mercury forward, suddenly spurring her blue boots into motion. She couldn't be the one left out—she couldn't miss this last moment to feel the warmth of one so dear. She would regret it forever; her internal turmoil of emotions and rationale would have to be sorted through later. There would be plenty of time for that when the Princess was gone. In a world without Usagi, what else would Ami have left?

No, this was not the time for confused pride. She glanced over at Jupiter, seeing that the taller girl in green had turned away, hoping that the brunette would join them as well.

She reached the group, the tears from before still damp on her face, and reached out her gloved hands for whoever was nearest. This might be the last time they were all together. Mercury had so quickly grown accustomed to their warmth and light, although their time as comrades had been so short. She had to take advantage of it, now while it was still there, before her world returned to stillness and solitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 8:40 am

[Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 XhFxfRD

Mamoru had never felt his body racked with so many emotions in his entire life. First fear - fear of dying here, before he really knew who he was, before he had the chance to truly make a difference in the world. Then relief - relief when the battle was over, when all of the pressure and pain was taken away. And shock - shock of seeing Usagi - no, Serenity - back again, beautiful and alive and everything she was before she died. And finally, sorrow. Sorrow at the realization that this was only temporary, and that Usagi really was gone, and he never got the chance to tell her how he felt.

That somehow, someway, he had fallen in love with her. In the short time he had known Sailor Moon, the crying, whining, cowardly sailor soldier who gave everything to her duty, he had come to love her. Her absence was a hole in his life that would never be filled. 

Another hole to add to his collection.

Resisting every urge he had, Tuxedo Mask stayed behind, letting the girls enjoy their final moment. Usagi wasn't his, she was theirs, and he just wanted to get a good look at her before she was gone for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 9:19 am

Jupiter looked up when Serenity  mentioned her name, and she could barely contain her own tears at her words. How could she still trust her to protect anyone if she let Usagi die? How could she forgive her so easily?

"U-usagi-chan..." It came out as more of a whimper than Jupiter expected, but she didn't care at the moment. She couldn't stand it any longer, and she was running through the snow an instant later to squeeze the entire group in a tight hug. Jupiter knew she was probably crying, judging by how her eyes were stinging in the cold wind, yet she couldn't control it at all.

Maybe if she squeezed hard enough, Usagi couldn't leave.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime15th June 2016, 2:00 am

For a long moment, the group found itself enveloped by their princess’ warmth and love. Then, she looked up toward Tuxedo Mask, who was standing off to the side on his own.

“Endymion, my heart will seek yours in the next life. Please look for me. I am sorry I cannot be your family in this life. But I am forever yours too.”

She gently let go of the senshi, then walked toward him. Standing on her tiptoes, she planted a kiss on his lips, closing her eyes in regret. “And you are forever mine,” she finished in a whisper.

With that, her body turned transparent, and began to dissolve into lights.

The world was saved, though the price was too much to bear.

Still, the Galaxy Cauldron promised more futures for every Sailor Crystal. Perhaps one day they would find the happy ending that eluded them this time.

THE END!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Dead Ringer   [Advanced] Dead Ringer - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Dead Ringer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top