The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Nao's Asian Drama watch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

Nao's Asian Drama watch Empty
PostSubject: Nao's Asian Drama watch   Nao's Asian Drama watch I_icon_minitime29th January 2015, 11:06 pm

OK so instead of making a new thread for every drama I watch I'm just gonna use this thread (unless it works out better for me to do a thread on every single drama I watch than by all means I'll so so just figured there would be less clutter if I did it all in one thread.) So I've been watching quit a few Asian Drama's lately and a few I will likely be re watching as I do this thread. I already have my first three drama's picked and of course first will be my re watch of *insert random drum roll here* the Ouran High school host club drama and it's movie. So I'll be putting down my opinions on each episodes of these drama's

Nao's Asian Drama watch 5DNsivd
OURAN HIGHSCHOOL HOST CLUB

Asian Wikia wrote:
Haruhi Fujioka is a female high school student the prestigious Ouran Academy. Unlike most of the students who come from wealthy families, Haruhi Fujioka comes from a modest family background and entered the school with an academic scholarship. One day, she wanders around the campus and stumbles by accident into the school's "host club". The host club consists of six handsome male students who entertain female students.
In the room, Haruhi unintentionally breaks an antique vase worth 8 million YEN. To repay for the broken vase, the six male members of the host club makes Haruhi join them - not realizing that Haruhi is actually a girl!

THE CAST
Haruhi Fujioka- Haruna Kawaguchi
Tamaki Suou- Yusuke Yamamoto
Hikaru Hitachin- Shinpei Takagi
Karou Hitachin- Manpei Takagi
Kyoya Ootori- Shunsuke Daito
Mitsukuni Haninozuka- Yudai Chiba
Takashi Morinozuka- Masaya Nakamura
Umehito Nekozawa- Ryo Ryusei
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

Nao's Asian Drama watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nao's Asian Drama watch   Nao's Asian Drama watch I_icon_minitime30th January 2015, 12:20 pm

Episode 1
Cosplay of the day: nothing they were in their uniform for this first episode.

OK so personal opinion great way to start off the drama. It started off with Haruhi running for school. Of course than after that we see the normal start Haruhi in the library before going off to find a quiet place to study. However before Haruhi can make her way downstairs she meets Nekozawa who warns her that her destiny will be changed if she continues to move forward. After he disappears down a hallway Haruhi walks into the third music room. Of course as she's looking around the host club is no where to be seen. Haruhi has her moment with talking about how the vase looks expensive and all that before seeing the host club. 

Unlike in the anime instead of slipping on a banana peel Tamaki backed her straight into the vase causing it to fall to the floor and shatter. So starts Haruhi's time working for the hot club that is until Tamaki decides she's going to become a host. Of course Hony and Mori go for the contacts, Kyoya calls his tailor to get a new uniform made and the twins are in charge of Haruhi's hair. NOw speaking of the twins I absolutly love these two. This was the first thing I saw the Takagi twins in. These two would later move onto more thing usuall playing twins and not being in things alone very often. Shinpei later on did Tenimyu as Takeshi Momoshiro with the third generation Seigaku cast (of course loved every second of him in those musicals.) and Manpei will join the cast for Gekiranger as Geki blue along side tenimyu cast memebers Hiroki Suzuki (Gekired) and Araki Hirofumi (Rio the head villain) Anyway back onto Ouran. 

Now while Shinpei played Hikaru who's the older of the hitachin twins and Manpei plays Karou the younger of the twins Shinpei in real life is the younger twin. I believe they actually did a decent job casting the others as well. Yusuke is great acting as dramatically as Tamaki is known for doing however he can be serious when the need arises with the other roles I've seen him play in other drama's (rookies and Yamada-kun and the 7 witches his characters were more known for getting into fights than being charming.) Yudai Chiba was an adorable Hony Senpai and is sort of what I would have expected to play the guy. His characters never seem to change to terribly much either even duing his run as Gosei Red in Goseiger he seemed to play much the same character. 

Than there was Haruna Kawaguchi. She's adorable and just plays Haruhi great. She looks great with long hair and yet she looks adorable with Harhi's hair style. The uniform looks adorable on her and well she's just got Haruhi's personality down. Than there's Shunsuke Daito as Kyoya. Honestly this guy is the reason I love Kyoya so much. Honestly wasn't a big fan of Kyoya in the anime but watching Shunsuke play this part he just brought a bit more to Kyoya that he was lacking in the anime or well in my opinion Of course Kyoya having a tablet in place of his black note book is actually a bit more enjoyable specially since Kyoya is constantly showing off things using his tablet we see pictures of Haruhi to be used as black mail to keep her with the host club and later to show exactly how Haruhi's bag ended up in the fountain in front of the school. So yea Shunsuke = reason I love Kyoya so much. Masaya Nakamura is a great Mori so far. HE does a bit moe talking than in the anime but other than that I love his portrayal of Mori so much. 

Now that I've got the cast out of the way back to the show. Haruhi finds her bag in the water and goes looking for her wallet she's than joined by Tamaki and the rest of the host club Kyoya saying they would be closed for the day. Tamaki's regular customer comes back and requests Haruhi and as they speak Haruhi says something that upsets the girl causeing her to throw water on Haruhi. Tamaki jumps between Haruhi and The water and the rest of the club comes to the rescue. Kyoya shows pictures on his tablet to prove it was Tamaki's regular. This causes a big dramatic scene the girl throwing her purse at Haruhi who chases after her to return it and tell her that she in fact was not jealous she liked living on hat she lived on. 

Tamaki declares they will have a commoners coffee party and asks Haruhi if they could invite the princess hat had just stormed out of the club room. Haruhi says yes. The next day they enter and there's a years supply of instant coffee int he room. Tamaki takes this moment to return Haruhi's wallet and ends up dropping it before he can hand it to her. It's when eh bends down that he see's her student ID learning that Haruhi is female of course the rest of the club already knew this but hey we all already knew Tamaki was slow. So yes I enoyed this episode a lot and I'm in love with this cast so so so much. This is the reason I know who half he cast is and I do go out o my way to watch shows each of the guys have been in (I'm likely going to be looking up things Haruna's been in soon enough.)
Back to top Go down

Nao's Asian Drama watch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top